News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2023

Started by murph_fan51, January 02, 2022, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloopy

Brodie would be a great signing too, surely!

REM

Will is doing great, but he is 40 years old......and the win rate is not coming through.....if you could lock in one of the hottest talents with a view to the next 5-10 years....would you pass that up to keep Davo? Even Will must be aware of this.....and surely DJR would keep him on in a co-driver capacity....

stevo qld

Will is one of the most competitive drivers at the moment. Why would DJR dump him on the off chance that a newcomer would be better for their future.

All they have to do is keep their current competitive team and let the lesser teams, i.e. most of them, develop the drivers and hire one off contract when there is a better option, i.e. Anton.

It is interesting that two of the teams have principals that are current or recent racers, i.e. Grove and 888 are both doing well and apparently improving.

Maybe Roland was holding 888 back. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Roadways6

Will's only 40 and has shown ADP the way in the last two rounds. You'd replace him at your own peril at the moment.

Zac

Anton's best is yet to come. Will's best, IMHO, is behind him. Nice guy, very marketable, fast, able to drive to a number, look after the car, provide good feedback to his team, keep out of trouble, etc. Any team would snap him up in an instant if he was available - but as a No.2 or co-driver.

stevo qld

Quote from: Zac on April 10, 2022, 08:46:11 PM
Anton's best is yet to come. Will's best, IMHO, is behind him. Nice guy, very marketable, fast, able to drive to a number, look after the car, provide good feedback to his team, keep out of trouble, etc. Any team would snap him up in an instant if he was available - but as a No.2 or co-driver.

"Any team would snap him up in an instant if he was available". Any team surely includes DJR/ ::)

Will is still performing in the top 5 these days and clearly better than the drivers in at least half the teams, whether called number one or number 2.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Quote from: stevo qld on April 10, 2022, 09:32:40 PM

"Any team would snap him up in an instant if he was available". Any team surely includes DJR/ ::)

Yes, "any team" would surely include DJR - except he's already at DJR (so not available), and that's good, because it was always his ambition to drive for DJR, or was it HRT - or FPR? I know it wasn't Erebus, or Tekno - or maybe it was...

stevo qld

Quote from: Zac on April 13, 2022, 09:02:32 PM

Yes, "any team" would surely include DJR - except he's already at DJR (so not available), and that's good, because it was always his ambition to drive for DJR, or was it HRT - or FPR? I know it wasn't Erebus, or Tekno - or maybe it was...

Zac. read back. This was all about some members wanting DJR to dump Will for 2023. ::)
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

I don't need to "read back". REM and I understand each other perfectly well, both here and in person.

Skip

Forgive me if this isn't in the right place but I don't think it's worth a whole new thread... 😬
How many times have we heard the old "we should race production cars instead of Supercars" chestnut?
If anyone is bored enough to watch today's 6 hour snoozefest, they're half way in and have two cars on the lead lap. I reckon supercars is doing ok in the entertainment stakes. Just sayin'

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Skip on April 17, 2022, 03:17:18 PM
Forgive me if this isn't in the right place but I don't think it's worth a whole new thread... 😬
How many times have we heard the old "we should race production cars instead of Supercars" chestnut?
If anyone is bored enough to watch today's 6 hour snoozefest, they're half way in and have two cars on the lead lap. I reckon supercars is doing ok in the entertainment stakes. Just sayin'
Over here, Skippy:  https://www.v8central.com/index.php?topic=235.0
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on April 13, 2022, 11:20:35 PM

Zac. read back. This was all about some members wanting DJR to dump Will for 2023. ::)

For the point of clarification- I never said or implied to "dump" Wilbur....I would sign him as a long term co-driver and mentor.....sign him up for 5 years....

REM

Quote from: Zac on April 14, 2022, 07:30:22 AM
I don't need to "read back". REM and I understand each other perfectly well, both here and in person.

Blue and red get along well in this instance.....a veritable  purple patch!!

Zac

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on April 18, 2022, 07:29:46 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on April 13, 2022, 11:20:35 PM

For the point of clarification- I never said or implied to "dump" Wilbur....I would sign him as a long term co-driver and mentor.....sign him up for 5 years....

I'm with you on that one, Triple 8 have been the bench mark for so long (apart from penskes 3 years) and they replace their gun drivers whilst they are still fast and competitive, leaves one driver at the top still competing for championships and a fresh one to blood in that normally is right up there in 2-3 years tops.