News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Wint-off, Wint-on: Spoliers

Started by REM, May 18, 2022, 06:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Quote from: TheArrow on May 21, 2022, 03:31:21 PM
Do we have 8 different teams in the top 8 on the grid? Surely that's the first time in a very long time.
Top 6 you mean? Will be interesting to look up!

Awesome drive by Waters under pressure. Those Grove Mustangs look really good this weekend.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

TheArrow

Quote from: Kytabu on May 21, 2022, 04:32:11 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on May 21, 2022, 03:31:21 PM
Do we have 8 different teams in the top 8 on the grid? Surely that's the first time in a very long time.
Top 6 you mean? Will be interesting to look up!

Awesome drive by Waters under pressure. Those Grove Mustangs look really good this weekend.
Sorry, numbers are clearly not my thing today. I was sure I counted the top 8 being different but you're right, it was too 6.

Kytabu

"That's the fastest thing you'll drive all afternoon Gizzy! It's got better tyres than your ****box!" - random bloke in the crowd ;D.

Edit - for six teams in the top six in qually, it was the first race at the second Townsville round in 2020: DJR, 888, Tickford, Erebus, WAU, BJR.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on May 21, 2022, 04:37:12 PM
"That's the fastest thing you'll drive all afternoon Gizzy! It's got better tyres than your ****box!" - random bloke in the crowd ;D.

Edit - for six teams in the top six in qually, it was the first race at the second Townsville round in 2020: DJR, 888, Tickford, Erebus, WAU, BJR.

lol... a few interesting quotes when he did rock up and not sure how many made the broadcast?

was cool to be down in the scrum after the race and got a few cool shots :)

good to see Cam with the elbows out... a few good passes into t3... and a whole lot of nothing much to report really I think
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

Quote from: TheArrow on May 21, 2022, 01:05:24 PM

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on May 21, 2022, 12:26:23 PM
Quote from: Trevor on May 21, 2022, 05:33:34 AM
it is a good track Mike, large number of spectators, camping on site, has been referred to as a 'mini-Bathurst' for that reason

It ALWAYS throws up a surprise or two, many different winners, hell even a Nissan won there

And Skaife has NEVER won a Supercars race there, so there is another reason to go

A Nissan won there because they used Winton to experiment with different fuel.

Rick Kelly won in 2019 using the same fuel as everyone else.
shhhhhhhh

djr18fan

Perth, last corner, Davo down the inside of Cam. Many complaints that Davo didn't leave room for Cam to stay on track.

WINTON Lap 1, turn 2 - Brown down the inside of SVG - leaves no racing room for SVG as he goes around turn 2.
No mention here that he should have.

Was Brown's line through the corner OK? If so, then so was Davo's at Perth.

stevo qld

Having taped the Saturday races, as scheduled on Sunday morning, but in the middle of the night, I turned to the tape later this morning.

The broadcast started with about 4 laps to go, then they wiped out a chuck with advertising.

But it was a very exciting 3 lap highlight package. :o

bring back Channel 10. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: stevo qld on May 22, 2022, 09:55:14 AM
Having taped the Saturday races, as scheduled on Sunday morning, but in the middle of the night, I turned to the tape later this morning.

The broadcast started with about 4 laps to go, then they wiped out a chuck with advertising.

You'd have had same issue with Channel 10 - the election coverage ran over on all channels; so like 7, 10 also didn't return to their scheduled programming until Albo finished his speach

Roadways6

Quote from: stevo qld on May 22, 2022, 09:55:14 AM

7 show what they are given, same as 10.

Blame Supercars and Foxtel, they are the rightsholders

Trevor

Watching via Kayo. Gee, small crowd

Ospif1

Another excellent race.  Good to see parity concerns put to rest.  Doesn't get closer than that over the course of the weekend.

REM

Great win by Cam!  Just goes to show at track where aero doesn't count so much, the Stangs can be right there! Brilliant drive Camo!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on May 22, 2022, 12:13:31 PM
Watching via Kayo. Gee, small crowd

definitely felt that way Trev :( made it very easy to get around

Sonic

Quote from: djr18fan on May 22, 2022, 08:48:59 AM
Perth, last corner, Davo down the inside of Cam. Many complaints that Davo didn't leave room for Cam to stay on track.

WINTON Lap 1, turn 2 - Brown down the inside of SVG - leaves no racing room for SVG as he goes around turn 2.
No mention here that he should have.

Was Brown's line through the corner OK? If so, then so was Davo's at Perth.

which race was that? didn't see Giz get hit off track?

REM

Grove the best performing Ford team overall, ho we good are they going ....I kinda hope they keep both Lee and DR on next year....but the young fella is in the wings...