News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The Bend Supersprint - Spoilers possible

Started by Trevor, July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

If they pinged Best for the start they would have had to ping SVG as well. Both moved before "lights out".
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

Both moved, although I thought Best still was moving. Obviously not.

Not the first time this has happened, taking absolutely nothing away from Best:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/07/30/controversy-over-supercars-wildcard-tyre-batches/
It was wet tyres when this issue was previously raised.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

There is an echo in here.

And what a surprise a Mustang does well, they must investigate.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 30, 2022, 09:01:41 AM
It's a ford track. I am predicting ford 1-2 all weekend.
hmmmmm, SVG again - boring
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on July 31, 2022, 04:16:16 AM
There is an echo in here.

And what a surprise a Mustang does well, they must investigate.

Yeah usual crap!

Best wheels were not turning when the lights dropped and his wheels were not past the line at that point. SVG same deal. Both well within the rules.

I knew best was good but holy crap! Tickford need to sign him before Story beats them to it.

Ospif1

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 31, 2022, 10:56:33 AM
I knew best was good but holy crap! Tickford need to sign him before Story beats them to it.
Wonder how tight De Pasquale's contract is...

He doesn't have what it takes and has terrible racecraft so don't see much reason to retain him as the next big young gun tbh.

Troy01505

Quote from: Ospif1 on July 31, 2022, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on July 31, 2022, 10:56:33 AM
Wonder how tight De Pasquale's contract is...

He doesn't have what it takes and has terrible racecraft so don't see much reason to retain him as the next big young gun tbh.

Maybe, maybe not. Does he have a new car, Fabs old car or Scotty's old car? I ask because Fabs had struggles at times and perhaps it's a gremlin in the car.

DJR have lost their way since Penske left, yea they are still good but their car is not yo the standard Penske money had it. That could very well be because it is an absolute waste of money searching for a bees dick when the car is not going beyond this season.

I'd replace Davo before Anton but I am an advocate for the young guys over old blokes that have had the best cars in the best teams with the biggest budgets and blew it.

SetonFan

With a time certain finish this should have been a SC start to get them moving rather than 5 minute wait for a standing start

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

Joe5619

What happened to Kim Jones? Is he not part of BJR anymore?

AlbertM

I think he parted ways a couple of years ago.
Ford Faithful

billybanana

SVG clinical yet again. There's no one in the field that can consistently take it to him.

Ospif1

Rain, the equaliser and we're seeing just how much better SVG is than the rest.

Westfield

I never though Paul Morris was effective as a competitor, but I find it amazing how many good, young racers have been through the Norwell training. It is even more obvious when it rains.....

Sonic

that was a big owie at the start of the first race today :'( hoping to get good news from Thomas and Andre soon

2nd race today was a ripper, esp the start with so much close racing and very little contact.

picking who to give points to for the esteemed v8c cup will be a challenge
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!