News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint - possible spoilers

Started by Trevor, August 10, 2022, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

Quote from: djr18fan on August 20, 2022, 08:14:40 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 20, 2022, 06:44:18 PM
Quote from: Trevor on August 20, 2022, 05:40:37 PM
Farken 8.4 seconds, good onya Will

he whooped 'em today. a job well done!

Mustangs have the edge over a race distance.

Hmmmm.....not a Stang even on the podium! Glad I went surfin.....

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on August 21, 2022, 02:27:22 PM

Did they engineer the speed out of their cars again?

I record it so I have the opportunity to fast forward and watch it when I am bored ****less.

REM

Quote from: Troy01505 on August 21, 2022, 04:07:47 PM

I record it so I have the opportunity to fast forward and watch it when I am bored ****less.

I think it was just the case that T8 and WAU missed their window on the Saturday.....SVG never looked to be headed from Sunday morning...even Feeny got a podium this afternoon.....shows how strong the ZB package is...

Iggle Piggle

I reckon ADP cost Will the win in second race today. Will was good chance of passing SVG down pit straight with a switchback move that ADP got in the way of...was lucky Anton only ruined his own race and not both driver's races.

Even then, with a tyre rubbing for a few laps, damaged bodywork, and bent steering he still had speed over SVG - fastest lap of the race and was closing the gap on SVG (and that wasn't SVG backing off, because Will was also massively increasing the gap to those behind him).  Probably wouldn't have had such a large gap to close if they had pitted Will a lap or 2 sooner, and probably would not have been behind SVG if it wasn't for his team-mate.

What is going on with car 11?  He even qualified behind Will in today's first race where Will didn't even get to have a second run at qualifying due to the electrical issue.  Is it the car?  The driver?  The engineer?  Something not right recently on that side of the garage, and could end up costing them the Teams Championship.

REM with a lot of opinions on something he didn't watch due to having gone surfing  ;D

Zac

Normal programming has been resumed after an earlier glitch. Seriously though, there was some great racing in all three races, and throughout the field. There was something happening all the time, whether it was the tactical battles, a car slowly gaining time on another, or the wheel-to-wheel stuff, undercutting, etc. The Super 2s and 3s turned it on as well - when they weren't ploughing the infield or destroying each other. They weren't the only ones, but jeez, I'd hate to be a team owner in that category. Apart from the damage, there was some excellent driving, and it's good to pick out the drivers most likely to succeed into the main game.

Will Davison is driving better than ever, super fast and safe, regularly outperforming his younger and previously more highly rated team-mate, but as long as SVG maintains his current form (and keeps improving), it's going to take a special talent to regularly take wins from him.

Sonic

for mine... Giz was the man today for sure.

1st race today was ho-hum...

2nd race still think Giz deserved the win BUT I do have an issue with the way it came about... a different line into t9 due to shortcutting the t7 chicane should not be used to create a passing opportunity (which it did in this case giving Giz a better change of direction allowing him to come in under Will)... the actual pass in the final corners was a good one but perhaps they need to insert a rule for Sandown that if you do not stay within the designated track limits you are not permitted to pass prior to the front straight?

and the burnout was nice too LOL

and finally... sorry Mike, no merch gals anywhere in sight at Dandy Rd end of the track... they would have had to come in with gumboots as it was a mudbash arena! if I get up to Bathurst this year I should be able to get something for you there
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Zac

Quote from: Sonic on August 21, 2022, 07:18:59 PM
and finally... sorry Mike, no merch gals anywhere in sight at Dandy Rd end of the track... they would have had to come in with gumboots as it was a mudbash arena! if I get up to Bathurst this year I should be able to get something for you there
I was trying to spot you on the TV coverage (in all races), but those cameras must have been studiously avoiding you.

Sonic

Quote from: Zac on August 21, 2022, 07:24:01 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 21, 2022, 07:18:59 PM
I was trying to spot you on the TV coverage (in all races), but those cameras must have been studiously avoiding you.

LOL! Most of the time I was on top of a 4by at Dandy Rd so I would have been out of their way to get me...  plus all the action was at the other end of the circuit this weekend... I must have left my magnet there last weekend at the VicState meeting

Zac

Quote from: Sonic on August 21, 2022, 07:47:31 PM
all the action was at the other end of the circuit this weekend... I must have left my magnet there last weekend at the VicState meeting
Plenty of action at all ends, but more 'Dukes of Hazzard' stuff and carnage around 1, 2, 3 and 4. (Did you leave your magnet on that fence behind the armco?)

Ospif1

Quote from: REM on August 21, 2022, 06:30:52 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on August 21, 2022, 04:07:47 PM

I think it was just the case that T8 and WAU missed their window on the Saturday.....SVG never looked to be headed from Sunday morning...even Feeny got a podium this afternoon.....shows how strong the ZB package is...
He won by less than a second you sook.

Sonic

Quote from: Zac on August 21, 2022, 08:04:27 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 21, 2022, 07:47:31 PM
all the action was at the other end of the circuit this weekend... I must have left my magnet there last weekend at the VicState meeting
Plenty of action at all ends, but more 'Dukes of Hazzard' stuff and carnage around 1, 2, 3 and 4. (Did you leave your magnet on that fence behind the armco?)

I was on the inside of 2/3/4 last weekend... when I dropped it it must have switched from 'attract' to 'repel' and forced them into the outside fence.

Trevor

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

I gotta say, the last race yesterday was pretty good.  I also thought that they should have pulled Will in a few laps earlier, but alas it wasn't to be

Anton and Will coming together was unavoidable, but looked ugly.

There is certainly some rabble in the bottom end of the 25 - not sure why any of them have a drive - cheap maybe?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

madbugger

Quote from: Trevor on August 22, 2022, 06:40:55 AM
There is certainly some rabble in the bottom end of the 25 - not sure why any of them have a drive - cheap maybe?

Cheap, or daddy has deep pockets and buys the drive, or daddy owns the team. Whatever the reason, they are what we have and I've never been a believer that the absolute best drivers in the country automatically get the drive.

Daddy owns the team, he has the right to put his child in the seat before anyone else, regardless of his talent. Eventually sponsors will drop off if they believe they are not getting value for money, that is usually the catalyst for a driver change. Generally the next wannabe with deep pockets.

The top 4-5 teams are going to be the ones that employ drivers mostly. on ability, and those drivers will generally bring a healthy sponsors package with them
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.