News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Brand new 1982 Ford Falcon ESP up for auction

Started by Trevor, May 14, 2021, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Only 60 kilometers on the clock - last V8 off the production line as Fiord AU went to 6 cylinder cars for years - it was used in promotional material and has been sitting around ever since - owner starts it every month, but has never driven it - it has never been registered - Up in Brisbane in a dealership

V8 (302C) and 4 speed manual

Who has the $$$$$$$??  Already has $290,000 as a bid, maybe $750,000

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-50006...st-v8?spr=true

Sonic

just saw that too. will be interesting to see what it gets!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

If only I had the money, but it wouldn't have 60k's on it for long I can tell you

AlbertM

There is money around for this kind of stuff. Fords last FG Falcon GT has been reported as sold for around 1 million. I reckon this XE will go for the very high 6 figures.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

web page is down this morning, must have been a lot of people checking it out - it was on the Melbourne Ch 7 news last night

Bloopy

The rest of the Grays website is working fine. I guess they had to take the auction down because of too many fake bids or some other issue, if it hasn't sold already.

Trevor

it was back up and running last I looked, the bids were sitting at just over $290,000 with 10 days to go

Bloopy

Ah, looks like you mistakenly copied and pasted an abbreviated web address from another forum. I only quickly searched Falcon and didn't find it because it's under Fairmont. Here's the working link:

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-50006776/classic-cars/1982-ford-fairmont-ghia-xe-esp-v8-manual-60-km-s-the-last-v8

coyote302

I live to trigger woke snowflakes

Trevor

Quote from: Bloopy on May 16, 2021, 12:46:25 PM
Ah, looks like you mistakenly copied and pasted an abbreviated web address from another forum. I only quickly searched Falcon and didn't find it because it's under Fairmont. Here's the working link:

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-50006776/classic-cars/1982-ford-fairmont-ghia-xe-esp-v8-manual-60-km-s-the-last-v8
thanks mate

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

at the time it was the last Falcon V8, but yeah they were premature

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

Sonic

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Ended up going for $354,759 + 7.5% buyers premium.

Other notable sales: (+ buyers premium)
$1,057,509 for Brock's personal VK Group A, which I think is an auction record for an Aus car?
$276,009 for an XA GT RPO83 hardtop - barnfind condition
$268,759 for an XC Cobra auto

Almost certain the Group A was purchased by LMCT+, and it will go for charity raffle, as per their two W1 Maloo's, which they paid over $1mil for, each.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977