News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Mostert vs Waters

Started by brighty08, May 18, 2021, 10:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brighty08

Hey all,

Mostert and Waters keep on crashing into each other, they are bloody magnets! I seriously believe that a rivalry has to be forming, just recall:
Bathurst 2017 - wet weather restart crash at hell corner midway through the race
Pukekohe 2017 - pile up at hairpin
Bathurst 2018 - Mostert acts like an idiot and crashes the #6 at Forrest Elbow
Pukekohe 2019 - both cars up front touch and go off onto the grass
Bathurst 2019 - late race crash rules both out of winning the Bathurst 1000
Adelaide 2020 - new teams, aggressive racing after pit stops
Sandown 2021 - Mostert turns Waters and ruins chances of making top step of podium
The Bend 2021 - Sladey makes a mistake and both drivers react, driving into each other

I believe Mostert's racing is fast and aggressive and Waters needs to be more careful, but this totally depends on which side of the fence you are on. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnEzGSozVa8

Anyway what do you all reckon? One more crash and its gonna explode!

Bloopy

Your link isn't working as it's missing the question mark after "watch" for some reason.

Based on those years, perhaps the start of quali race 2 at Sandown in 2016 was an early sign of their future magnetism. Mostert got a terrible start, put wheels in the dirt after turn 1 and when he came back on, James Moffat gave him a wide berth and bumped Waters off in the process.

Trickyonne

I think it has already exploded ( behind closed doors )
Not real sure of what to think of their relationship....one side of me thinks that mozzy has been jealous of young cam, but maybe it's just been unlucky
Either way, I sure hope Cams luck changes soon
Paul Murray Live

madbugger

Quote from: T1 on May 20, 2021, 06:14:05 PM
Not real sure of what to think of their relationship....one side of me thinks that mozzy has been jealous of young cam, but maybe it's just been unlucky

Is that you tricky one?  Welcome back😁😁
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trickyonne

Quote from: madbugger on May 20, 2021, 06:21:01 PM

Is that you tricky one?  Welcome back😁😁

Thanks ole mate .... good to be back
Paul Murray Live

Sonic

you always find Mozzies around Waters...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trickyonne

Quote from: Sonic on May 20, 2021, 07:23:49 PM
you always find Mozzies around Waters...

Lol...very good :)
Paul Murray Live

brighty08

Something has to be happening. I mean the two used to be good mates now they do nothing together off the race track.

Mechz

Quote from: brighty08 on May 21, 2021, 09:01:25 AM

Something has to be happening. I mean the two used to be good mates now they do nothing together off the race track.

Doesn't Chaz live on the GC now?

DRB05

Quote from: Mechz on May 22, 2021, 03:45:46 PM
Quote from: brighty08 on May 21, 2021, 09:01:25 AM

Doesn't Chaz live on the GC now?
Chaz has always lived on the GC

WAU

Don't like Waters.

Comes across like a "poor me" type whenever he's on the receiving end of something while Chaz just gets on with it without putting his head in his hands crying about it. Ala Bathurst 2019.

Tickford backed the wrong horse IMO. The only reason they won anything in 2019 was because of Chaz and now he's clicking with WAU he's outclassing Waters more than the other way around. Their loss, WAU's gain.. Their "rivalry" is a little exaggerated though as I'm sure Chaz gets a laugh out it as the salt usually comes from Waters.

skaifeman

Quote from: WAU on June 21, 2021, 04:05:12 PM
Don't like Waters.

Comes across like a "poor me" type whenever he's on the receiving end of something while Chaz just gets on with it without putting his head in his hands crying about it. Ala Bathurst 2019.

Tickford backed the wrong horse IMO. The only reason they won anything in 2019 was because of Chaz and now he's clicking with WAU he's outclassing Waters more than the other way around. Their loss, WAU's gain.. Their "rivalry" is a little exaggerated though as I'm sure Chaz gets a laugh out it as the salt usually comes from Waters.

To be fair, Waters cries poor me because more often than not it's Chaz in the wrong.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

WAU

Quote from: skaifeman on June 21, 2021, 04:28:17 PM
Quote from: WAU on June 21, 2021, 04:05:12 PM
Don't like Waters.

To be fair, Waters cries poor me because more often than not it's Chaz in the wrong.

I don't remember Chaz or Frosty for that matter crying when Waters ruined both of their races at Pukekohe 2016.

Most of their recent clashes have been because Chaz has had a faster car and Waters blocks like he's driving a truck through a tunnel. The funny is when they were at Tickford Waters never fought any of his teammates as hard as he did Chaz so he was probably deserving of more square ups.