News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 5 - Darwin Triple Crown

Started by skaifeman, June 19, 2023, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 19, 2023, 07:41:25 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2023, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on June 19, 2023, 06:38:35 PM
Type as slow & use as small words as you want, you're the one that doesn't comprende.

And for Kim Jones to win, he would still have to beat every other Camaro driver in the same car (that's 2/3rds of the field).. And the team who have dominated the sport for 10-20 years (T888) & the team that is dominating this year (Erebus) using the same car.

To suggest that T18 & MSR only won because they have a Camaro is stupid! This also implys Ford must won every single race, which is also illogical.
That's not what madbugger is suggesting.
It's exactly what his saying... He said "because T18 & MSR beat every Mustang on the grid we must have a parity issue".. It's in black & white on my screen in the 2nd post of the topic!

The sad part, I agree we have a parity issue.. The issue is that 8-9 Camaros are beating most Mustang, most races.. Not because 2 teams that are small & haven't done a lot of winning beat every Mustang in one race..

"because T18 & MSR beat every Mustang on the grid we must have a parity issue" (Note: these are your words. You have not quoted madbugger correctly)

"To suggest that T18 & MSR only won because they have a Camaro is stupid!"

Getting confused yourself.

Ford Faithful

madbugger

Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2023, 07:51:46 PM
Type as slow & use as small words as you want, you're the one that doesn't comprende.

And for Kim Jones to win, he would still have to beat every other Camaro driver in the same car (that's 2/3rds of the field).. And the team who have dominated the sport for 10-20 years (T888) & the team that is dominating this year (Erebus) using the same car.

To suggest that T18 & MSR only won because they have a Camaro is stupid! This also implys Ford must won every single race, which is also illogical.
It's exactly what his saying... He said "because T18 & MSR beat every Mustang on the grid we must have a parity issue".. It's in black & white on my screen in the 2nd post of the topic!

The sad part, I agree we have a parity issue.. The issue is that 8-9 Camaros are beating most Mustang, most races.. Not because 2 teams that are small & haven't done a lot of winning beat every Mustang in one race..

"because T18 & MSR beat every Mustang on the grid we must have a parity issue" (Note: these are your words. You have not quoted madbugger correctly)

Albert, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm saying, you seem to understand what I'm getting at, it appears there is only one who doesn't, and it's a fairly common theme there..
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2023, 07:51:46 PM

you tell me!! It's in black & white below..

Quote from: madbugger on June 19, 2023, 12:08:14 PM
If ever the question of parity needed to be answered, there it is right there.

2 teams that have never won a race win in Camaros and Frosty who hasn't won since 2017? as well as Jack Le Broq who has only won one race previously.

Middling to back marker teams from last year beating championship winning Ford teams with ease.

AlbertM

Why? He's already clarified and you still want to argue. Me explaining it to you isn't going to change your view either. We'll leave you in your ignorance.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

It was interesting that at Darwin, cars didn't get any slipstream advantages  and had problems following others closely. Different to previous races. Both issues related I'd say due to front tyre temperatures in the hotter climate.

Resulted in fairly processional racing, and the leader in clear air being difficult to beat. Also meant qualifying positions were vital. Which is why results were the way they were.

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2023, 10:39:41 PM
Why? He's already clarified and you still want to argue. Me explaining it to you isn't going to change your view either. We'll leave you in your ignorance.
No, when 2 people are having a go at me & denying what he clearly wrote, I'm going to speak up.. Its not ignorance, it's bullying by 2 people & I will defined myself.  He didn't clarified jack, he just made fun of me & denied what he said & you piled on.

Lets leave it at that!

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 20, 2023, 07:37:35 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2023, 10:39:41 PMWhy? He's already clarified and you still want to argue. Me explaining it to you isn't going to change your view either. We'll leave you in your ignorance.
No, when 2 people are having a go at me & denying what he clearly wrote, I'm going to speak up.. Its not ignorance, it's bullying by 2 people & I will defined myself.  He didn't clarified jack, he just made fun of me & denied what he said & you piled on.

Lets leave it at that!
So it's an ego problem. You misunderstood, and when corrected you think we're attacking you. Post 7 in the topic made it clear what he meant. The failure is on you. You are not the victim.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on June 20, 2023, 06:35:12 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on June 20, 2023, 07:37:35 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2023, 10:39:41 PMWhy? He's already clarified and you still want to argue. Me explaining it to you isn't going to change your view either. We'll leave you in your ignorance.

Lets leave it at that!
So it's an ego problem. You misunderstood, and when corrected you think we're attacking you. Post 7 in the topic made it clear what he meant. The failure is on you. You are not the victim.
If you keep going, I'm going to keep post too!

Post 6 (not post 7, that is mine) did make it very clear & it 100% reinforced what was said in post # 2. I did not misundstand as it's very clear what was said.

What was said in post no 6 -> that the "2 samples" (I.E. T18 & MSR winning) being "back of the pack teams that are competing with a Camaro" are "beating championship winning teams that are using Mustang" & that if that happens it's "plan as day that there is a massive problem".

There is nothing unclear about the above quote.. As I've said many times, I have not misunderstood what was said, it's very clear. I don't agree with it & it seems I'm not allowed to disagree with you. So every time a small team bests every car from the other brand we have a party problem? This is NOT a sign of a parity issue, it's a sign of a job well done by the small team & full credit to them. The 8 other Cameros in the top 10 most of the time, in most race is the sign! 

AlbertM

Oh dear...The post numbers are shown on the top right of the post.

Of course you are free to disagree. I, like everyone else is as free to respond. So quit playing the victim.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on June 21, 2023, 12:24:26 AMOh dear...The post numbers are shown on the top right of the post.

Of course you are free to disagree. I, like everyone else is as free to respond. So quit playing the victim.
Sorry I didn't notice the numbers at the top right count, I was counting them..

So that makes it even worse for you, as the post with the #7 in the post right corner (the one you spoke above) does not try to make it clear, all it does is call me dumb!!

You are showing your true colours now, quite being a dickhead!

Trevor

Can you 2 please take this argument somewhere else, it has **** all to do with last weekends race meet

LG

Isn't it great to see such depths of personal attacks!

Either take it to PM or the boxing ring.

It's not welcome here.

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Wow!

Is it any wonder that: Motorsport Australia has announced that CEO Eugene Arocca will retire/

The parity debate is hardly conducive to good health and karma!

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/21/motorsport-australia-ceo-arocca-announces-retirement/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

I'm going to take the low road here:  Clean air meant everything to the leader.  No car could pass, or make a move for the lead.

Parity adjustment still required, though.

Don't write this series off, naysayers.  We'll look back on this in future years and the year where Camaro got the jump and all Fords had to follow.  Want to write off F1 because Max and Red Bull are running away?  Palou is running away in IndyCars.

You still have NASCAR where you put the dice in the cup and roll for a winner each round.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life