News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Townsville Spoliers... who's gonna bring home the bacon?

Started by Sonic, July 07, 2023, 08:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Looks like coverage starts just after 9 for the supports

First session just after 10
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Funny how they use double sided tape (as well as a secondary fixing - as per MA rules).
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/07/06/pictures-ford-supercar-parity-changes-break-cover-aero-pieces/

Seen plenty of rear bobtails fly off cars late on a Friday night just using that stuff.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Bloopy

Gizzy having car issues in practice again. Just gives him another reason to emigrate sooner!

WarrenK

Quote from: Bloopy on July 08, 2023, 01:20:12 AMGizzy having car issues in practice again. Just gives him another reason to emigrate sooner!
Maybe just all the Chevs are equal now and 888 is having trouble being competitive with a level playing field.

skaifeman

Lucky safety car for those who pitted last.
Mostert on here, newest tyres and ultra aggressive.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

SetonFan

I enjoyed the race with the mix of strategies even though there wasn't a huge amount of great battles - although think the commentary team got a bit lost keeping track of it all mid-race. The Natsoft live timing was down though so unsure if they also had issues at their end.

AlbertM

Results are encouraging with the Mustang changes. Still, SVG drove away from Cam like he was standing still. Mostert is unhappy having fresher tyres and not keeping up with Feeny and Brown.

Will Brown is showing he is not a one hit wonder.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

Yep, good to see the Mustangs being a bit more competitive

madbugger

Way to go T8. Could you have p1ssed off SVG any more than what you just did? Just made his decision to bail out at the end of this year a whole lot easier.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

billybanana

Yeah I don't really get the 888 decision. There's no such thing as a round win nowadays anyway, so I don't get the point of it. SVG clearly not happy with that one. Congrats to ADP.

Troy01505

Not much chat for a street race weekend that ADP had a long awaited victory.

Good to see Fords competitive

fordman

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 12, 2023, 09:29:17 PMNot much chat for a street race weekend that ADP had a long awaited victory.

I am told ADP had a set of green tyres on saved from his DNF the previous day?

skaifeman

Quote from: fordman on July 13, 2023, 07:42:22 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on July 12, 2023, 09:29:17 PMNot much chat for a street race weekend that ADP had a long awaited victory.

Correct.

Troy01505

There was still significant improvement in parity between the 2

fordman

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 14, 2023, 08:13:21 AM

There was still significant improvement in parity between the 2

Tyres were a major advantage for ADP and still with only 2 mustangs in top 12 doesn't show parity gains sadly.