News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Super Sedans

Started by LG, May 23, 2021, 03:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

Darren Kane called time on his 30+ years in the sport last night.
He has had a very good career and said his heart just isn't in it any more.
His last race was the Qld Super Sedan title at Gympie which was won by his arch rival Matty Pascoe.

Trickyonne

Always been a tough nut....will be missed for sure
Paul Murray Live

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trickyonne on May 23, 2021, 05:49:30 PM
Always been a tough nut....will be missed for sure
Ever race your sedan on the dirt clockwise, T1?  Is there any place over there these days that does that?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

LG

There is a lower class of speedway racing that does not know which direction they will be racing until they drive through the pit gates.
Otherwise all car racing is anticlockwise.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: LG on May 29, 2021, 10:01:27 AM
There is a lower class of speedway racing that does not know which direction they will be racing until they drive through the pit gates.
Man, I thought I remembered dirt cars down under running the other way.  Maybe I got it mixed up with some old Calder Park Thunderdome stuff.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

LG

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 30, 2021, 10:32:25 AM
Quote from: LG on May 29, 2021, 10:01:27 AM
Man, I thought I remembered dirt cars down under running the other way.  Maybe I got it mixed up with some old Calder Park Thunderdome stuff.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Street stocks is the division.

http://www.speedwaysedans.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Street-Stock-Specification-Manual-July-2020-Online-v14.pdf

Trickyonne

There is another division too........speedway sidecars go in reverse ....but there is a sedan division that does it too
Paul Murray Live

beggysmalls

Quote from: Trickyonne on May 31, 2021, 06:11:38 PM
There is another division too........speedway sidecars go in reverse ....but there is a sedan division that does it too

Are you thnking of Super Rods? They are are a sprintcar frame with a mini ,dihatsu or old school rod body. They run clockwise all the time.

Street stocks and standard saloons toss a coin at the gate to decide which way they run.

Trickyonne

ahhh yes super rods, thanks mate
Paul Murray Live

V8SuperRiley

QLD Title up at home next weekend.. Hopefully the rain stays away (as much as I would love it to rain)

LG

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on May 06, 2022, 03:59:59 PM
QLD Title up at home next weekend.. Hopefully the rain stays away (as much as I would love it to rain)

Go Matty!

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: LG on May 06, 2022, 11:41:49 PM

Go Matty!

It will be an interesting night tonight.

A few of them couldn't get here because of the rain, so they just ran hotlaps last  night.
the track was like nothing I've ever seen here before, it was hooked up and formed a cushion for the first time ever.

Hopefully the racing is good!!

LG

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on May 14, 2022, 10:09:17 AM
Quote from: LG on May 06, 2022, 11:41:49 PM

Go Matty!

It will be an interesting night tonight.

A few of them couldn't get here because of the rain, so they just ran hotlaps last  night.
the track was like nothing I've ever seen here before, it was hooked up and formed a cushion for the first time ever.

Hopefully the racing is good!!

I heard yesterday about the problems getting there. Apparently this rain is heading up there so I hope the show can go on.

V8SuperRiley

It ended up being a bloody ripper night of racing.

I believe most of the drivers made it, so it was good to have a huge field of Super Sedans and Modified Production sedans in town.

The track was really fast, and allowed drivers to run 2 lines (which is unusual here).
The new surface has created some great racing over the last 2 rounds.

LG

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on May 16, 2022, 12:07:24 PM
It ended up being a bloody ripper night of racing.

I believe most of the drivers made it, so it was good to have a huge field of Super Sedans and Modified Production sedans in town.

The track was really fast, and allowed drivers to run 2 lines (which is unusual here).
The new surface has created some great racing over the last 2 rounds.

You forgot to say Matty was on FIRE!  :)