News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Townsville Round 2 (Spoilers)

Started by skaifeman, July 13, 2021, 04:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: djr18fan on July 19, 2021, 10:16:49 AM
Quote from: Mal on July 18, 2021, 08:39:27 PM
Quote from: SetonFan on July 18, 2021, 04:11:11 PM
Safety car rules an absolute joke once again

For me I liked what happened with the safety car it was a big risk great idea they raced the safety car before it went onto the track.

I assumed waters had already passed pit entrance when the safety car was called so he had no choice but to continue. I'd have to watch a replay to be sure. Who is waters teamed with in pit bay? Waters would have been in front o whoever that is so shouldn't have been a stacking issue. If they deliberately didn't pit and gambled on the safety car being slow out, and not getting held up on the next lap with yellows waving - big call.
I thought the 6 car shared with the 44 car (?).  The 5 car and the 3 car share the other boom.

Anyways, Tickford played the pit strategy right - a rare moment in motorsports.  Cannot blame them or BJR.  The issue is the sanctioning body and control/release of the safety car.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Bloopy

Quote from: Mal on July 17, 2021, 09:12:30 PM
This what the Giz had to say after the race.

"I made a pass on Brodie which was alright, but then he kept on hitting me on the right rear, and I couldn't hold it tight because he kept straightening me up, and then he pushed us both wide.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/pushing-the-limits-penalties-cruel-triple-eight-duo/

I guess he's saying that he's driving on the absolute limit of grip around the corner, so as soon as he gets a bump he loses some traction and momentum causes his car to straighten up. But it works both ways - the driver on the outside is also driving on the limit and as soon as they get a bump it's pushing them wide and potentially off the track. So both drivers are trying to aim for the same bit of track, and I'd say it's a 50/50 thing where it's half up to the driver on the inside to slow up slightly and turn a bit sharper to try and avoid bumping again.

I think Giz got it a bit wrong there and needed a wake up. He's viewing it like he'd completed the pass and had right of way to drive on the exact bit of track he wanted to, yet the cars were still side by side.

Troy01505

Triple 8 always dominate the chatter race weekend regardless of what they do and where they come, it's the reason why they are the most profitable team in pitlane.

Waters and Tickford are to inconsistent to be real contenders for the championship, he may get lucky like Frosty and snag one late in his career but unless he changes teams Tickford have him snookered.

Strange penalties are starting to impact results once again, got to slow the dominance somehow though I guess!

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 22, 2021, 09:09:50 AM

Strange penalties are starting to impact results once again, got to slow the dominance somehow though I guess!

Well, well, well. How the tables have turned.  ;D ;D
Ford Faithful