News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Townsville Round 2 (Spoilers)

Started by skaifeman, July 13, 2021, 04:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: Mal on July 17, 2021, 09:12:30 PM
This what the Giz had to say after the race.

"I made a pass on Brodie which was alright, but then he kept on hitting me on the right rear, and I couldn't hold it tight because he kept straightening me up, and then he pushed us both wide.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/pushing-the-limits-penalties-cruel-triple-eight-duo/

did he look at the video? how did Brodie keep hitting him and pushing him wide when he was on the outside? and Roland saying Brodie 'owed Giz', what a joke...

re Brodie on the first lap... is everyone who is bagging him out the same folk that were applauding Giz's move up at Darwin on ADP?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

Quote from: TheArrow on July 17, 2021, 05:06:48 PM
Just popping in to say it has been so long since we've heard such blatant SVG bias spilling out of Skaifes mouth.

But it's been nice hearing Tander dismiss him so freely.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The same **** he used to spew about Scotty Mc!

Good to see the young guys going all or nothing, you don't win races or become a championship winner driving 9/10s

TheArrow

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 18, 2021, 10:05:52 AM
Just popping in to say it has been so long since we've heard such blatant SVG bias spilling out of Skaifes mouth.

Good to see the young guys going all or nothing, you don't win races or become a championship winner driving 9/10s
Tell that to Rick Kelly in 2006 or Russell Ingall in 2005 or Jamie Whincup in 2017.

Dirty driving yourself to a win isn't necessary.

I've always said if you can't pass without pushing someone off the track then you shouldn't be racing.

He is teaching an entire new breed of racers that it's okay to push people off and bump them out of the way.

Patience is a massive part of racing. They say he has a "high racing IQ". I completely disagree.

But I wouldn't expect anything different from you, to be honest.

Mal

Q18 Front row lock out 888 and WAU Chaz P3 and Fullwood in the top ten.

Mal

Q19    Thats a better mix of cars in the top ten.

Sonic

haha!!! just after the Datto expired, re-listen to the comment in the background off-mic if you get the chance LOL!!

Mal

LOL That was not nice thats his pride and joy but funny as.

Mal

Love it no team orders there 888.

Sonic

Quote from: Mal on July 18, 2021, 01:18:22 PM
Love it no team orders there 888.

ditto. good to see Jamie giving Giz a push along...

plus it shows that you can make a move on someone at the final corner without running them off the road.

SetonFan

Safety car rules an absolute joke once again

Mal

Quote from: SetonFan on July 18, 2021, 04:11:11 PM

For me I liked what happened with the safety car it was a big risk great idea they raced the safety car before it went onto the track.

skaifeman

Waters and SVG certainly put a show on. Great racing this past fortnight.
Seems 888 just had a week leg up on everyone, coming out of the box fast has its rewards.

Stewards were consistent too, handing Slade a penalty for feeding Fullwood into the weeds ala SVG on Kostecki.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

There is something to be said about that.  It is an area that needs to be cleaned up. 

As skaifeman noted, the stewards rulings were quite consistent all weekend long.  The lone safety car intervention...... were they asleep at the wheel?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

djr18fan

Quote from: Mal on July 18, 2021, 08:39:27 PM

For me I liked what happened with the safety car it was a big risk great idea they raced the safety car before it went onto the track.

I assumed waters had already passed pit entrance when the safety car was called so he had no choice but to continue. I'd have to watch a replay to be sure. Who is waters teamed with in pit bay? Waters would have been in front o whoever that is so shouldn't have been a stacking issue. If they deliberately didn't pit and gambled on the safety car being slow out, and not getting held up on the next lap with yellows waving - big call.

meha

Quote from: TheArrow on July 18, 2021, 10:11:46 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on July 18, 2021, 10:05:52 AM

Tell that to Rick Kelly in 2006 or Russell Ingall in 2005 or Jamie Whincup in 2017.

Dirty driving yourself to a win isn't necessary.

I've always said if you can't pass without pushing someone off the track then you shouldn't be racing.

He is teaching an entire new breed of racers that it's okay to push people off and bump them out of the way.

Patience is a massive part of racing. They say he has a "high racing IQ". I completely disagree.

But I wouldn't expect anything different from you, to be honest.

As much as I am in 100% agreement with you about the dirty driving is not needed, it seems like more and more series that is the becoming the norm that young drivers are taking the approach of a bump or a nudge to move someone aside to advance or to take a dive bomb into a corner to gain a position.

I was actually listening to a youtube clip on this very thing quite recently regarding NASCAR and an accurate summary was that drivers are effectively taking this approach as teams are rewarding drivers with results where as if you are racing clean but not making results then you will loose your job. Harsh, but it seams to be the way racing is becoming.