News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2022 season

Started by stevo qld, September 03, 2021, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

The Alfa Romeo livery; there's just a hint of the old Marlboro design. I love what they have done with the wheel covers.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Troy01505

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 05, 2022, 10:38:45 PM
HAAS tear up the Russian and his Daddy's contract

Wonder who will partner little Mick Jnr this year?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/russia-ukraine-news-formula-1-haas-nikita-mazepin-contract-uralkali/b8b6e190-8bbb-460e-9f80-d0e11dc13101

Pietro Fittipaldi is the rumour.

If I were Alpine I'd be on the blower trying to get Piastri the seat.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stp01

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

skaifeman

I certainly like that there's something different.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

V8SuperRiley

I'm pretty keen to see them in anger on Saturday for qualifying.

skaifeman

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on March 18, 2022, 09:14:02 AM
I'm pretty keen to see them in anger on Saturday for qualifying.

Aren't we all!
Who knows the new world order given the rules shift. Ferrari and McLaren giving us hope, but I still think Merc and Red Bull are the top of the pile.

mikeamerica84

Nico in for Seb this weekend.  I just might cheer for the Astons for once!   ;D

https://racer.com/2022/03/17/vettel-out-of-bahrain-gp-with-covid-hulkenberg-in/

In all seriousness, I hope Seb comes out okay with this setback.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Ferrari 1-2!

Looking like a Red Bull/Ferrari battle. I'd suggest with Merc's budget they'll be back in the mix by mid-season, but likely too far adrift in the Championship by that stage.
McLaren and Aston Martin nowhere :-[.

Stars of the show for me were KMag and Zhou. Zhou specifically was clean, making moves and finished in the points. Dream debut.

Kytabu

Fantastic battle for the lead after the first stops. I thought on the third attempt that Max might have waited until Turn 4 to make the move; the seemed to be the most decisive place to do it. I guess it didn't matter in the end with the fuel pump issue.

Great to see Haas get a result. Mick was a bit unlucky; he probably would have scored his first points if not for the spin on lap one.

Expecting to see Sainz get his first win this year, that will be great to see.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

Saudi street course in one week.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stp01

Some good battles for the lead for sure, was good to watch!

As a McLaren fan though, it could be a long year. And amazing to see so many Merc powered cars off the pace.
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

Alan59

Great to see Ferrari is the real deal this year.
For a new formula dominated by changes to aero it is noticeable that power units were the big story.
-3 of the 4 Red Bull/Honda cars suffered failures.All to do with the fuel pump apparently which is an FIA supplied component.That suggests it is a layout or installation problem which won't be the work of a moment to fix.
-The 6 Mercedes customer cars were the last 6 cars at the finish and had no pace at any stage of the weekend.Coincidence?Maybe the move to E10 fuel hasn't been properly understood.
Oh yes and great to see KMag score a deserved 5th.Good guys don't always finish last.

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: Alan59 on March 22, 2022, 01:31:50 PM
=
-3 of the 4 Red Bull/Honda cars suffered failures.All to do with the fuel pump apparently which is an FIA supplied component.That suggests it is a layout or installation problem which won't be the work of a moment to fix.
=

I was reading somewhere today that is looks like the standard components have been cleared of failure, so it's either a part that RBR make, or the way they have installed the parts as you suggest. I'll try find the link.