News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

Sonic

that's ok. they can red flag it and then restart it and then red flag it and then restart it....
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

I am packing my Drizabone Heavy Duty Riding Coat just to be sure

We are pretty happy with our camp sites - 1 camp spot back from the track (with the road in between)

PHARK IT!!!!!

skaifeman

Still a bit of squabble to happen in the Championship too. 3rd is hot between Davison and Mostert.
10th is contested between, realistically, 5 cars.

Anton can jump up a few spots too.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on November 22, 2021, 11:59:02 AM
I am packing my Drizabone Heavy Duty Riding Coat just to be sure

We are pretty happy with our camp sites - 1 camp spot back from the track (with the road in between)

Ditto to that. Never leave for Bathurst without the drizabone!

REM

Enjoy Trev.....I've decided not to go.....the odds of a SVG domination/snore fest are too high to warrant the trip(Shared by my mates- "Nah- not bothering this year!"). And compounding the ZB straight line advantage, the Shell cars don't have the co-drivers to be really competitive and Tickford went missing in May.   You could get 10 degrees or you could get 35 degrees.... would love to have seen a certain XD rip around the track...certainly will be lots to follow.....

Trevor

Yeah, we debated whether we should go, but we had roll-over tickets from last year, plus the atmosphere is great AND as an added bonus I get to spend the weekend watching motorsport with my 2 sons and a mate

PHARK IT!!!!!

skaifeman

Wow-wee - Anton has given some of the most dominant weekends this year over the previous 4 rounds and they're no chance at the big one! ...Fickle? ;D

Weather looking increasingly bad, I'll be following your lead Trev, taking a few rain jackets.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: REM on November 24, 2021, 07:49:13 AM
Enjoy Trev.....I've decided not to go.....the odds of a SVG domination/snore fest are too high to warrant the trip(Shared by my mates- "Nah- not bothering this year!"). And compounding the ZB straight line advantage, the Shell cars don't have the co-drivers to be really competitive and Tickford went missing in May.   You could get 10 degrees or you could get 35 degrees.... would love to have seen a certain XD rip around the track...certainly will be lots to follow.....

got some support category magic to watch though.

first S5000 races up there is gonna be epic!

Trevor

Are the 5000's as good as the early 5000's - the version with a carby I mean

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on November 24, 2021, 10:20:22 AM

Most of the old F5000's were rather flimsy and dangerous for drivers. e.g. "The Lola Limp".

The new ones are safer for the drivers, even if one can't weld one up in the back shed. If they have 18 cars, it is a pity that so many aren't being used.

In a similar way, Supercars are much safer for drivers.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on November 24, 2021, 10:20:22 AM

I was trackside (accred photographer) at the Sandown round. The noise is not as RAWR!!!! as the F5000 category but they are still very cool to be up close to.

I think if the grid can get up to at least 20 with quality drivers it will be a ripsnorter.

REM

There I was thinking the real battle will be for the 3rd spot on the podium after the two RedBull cars.....but apparently, it's the most wide open Bathurst ever! :D

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/just-two-of-the-same-most-wide-open-bathurst-ever/?fbclid=IwAR2sq4EXmNi9_RsdQbf2qOwi8DPr9hnhdlVTjvPPbzJ70kb7t_2XGr6wd7g

Zac

M'boy, you're going to do yourself psychological damage obsessing about this perceived 888 advantage. I would have thought recent best qualifying, fastest laps and race wins by your #11 car might have helped cure you.  :o