News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Quote from: TheArrow on November 30, 2021, 09:10:07 PM
Quote from: Kytabu on November 30, 2021, 06:49:57 PM
Great Tuesday arvo! Playing some cricket on the track at McPhillamy and got Hazelwood to bat and Le Brocq to wicketkeep ;D. A few of the others drivers had a throw on some other guys' beer pong table.

I saw some photos of that on Todd Hazelwood's Insta!

Is that your RS in that pic above?
Sure is!

Couple more photos for you, Mike. Touring Car Masters at McPhillamy Park.

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on November 30, 2021, 08:30:18 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 30, 2021, 07:38:10 PM
How about some pics, guys!  Make this Yank feel like he is THERE!   ;D
No track pics yet but here's a campsite shot.

Now THAT'S what I call high end camping, Kye!  I'd 'recognize' that V8CFL Ford from a mile away!

Thanks for all of the pics from atop the Mountain.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Alan59

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 01, 2021, 10:32:16 AM
Quote from: Kytabu on November 30, 2021, 08:30:18 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 30, 2021, 07:38:10 PM
How about some pics, guys!  Make this Yank feel like he is THERE!   ;D
No track pics yet but here's a campsite shot.

Now THAT'S what I call high end camping, Kye!  I'd 'recognize' that V8CFL Ford from a mile away!

Thanks for all of the pics from atop the Mountain.
There are some camping set ups at the top of the Mountain that are so elaborate I'm sure they have to lodge Development Applications with Bathurst Council.

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on December 01, 2021, 12:47:00 AM
Quote from: REM on November 30, 2021, 10:34:17 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on November 30, 2021, 09:36:35 PM
Quote from: REM on November 30, 2021, 07:33:10 PM
SVG and GT to run the 888- some people are not happy!

Let me guess, it's because it's Lowndes number?...LOL!
seems so...it's RD's team, he can do what he likes! :)

All the reports indicate that RD was not consulted. It was cooked up by the team as a thank you.

Also, 888 team is no longer owned by RD who remains a minor shareholder.

Dane is still Chairman.

It think it's a nice gesture to be running 888.
Ford Faithful

Dasha

I am sure there will be some casualties with rain forecast on the Thurs, Frid & Saturday, hopefully it is a dry race on the Sunday BUT if we do get rain on race day who are the teams / drivers that can handle a wet track the best ?
I am thinking that SVG & Lowndes would have to be the best wet weather drivers, also in my opinion & this is just ( my opinion ) i think the Commodores seem to handle the wet a tad better than the Mustangs.
I hope that I am wrong but team 888 have the best driver line up & would have to be race favorites.
What are your thoughts ?   

Kytabu

Here are some shots of the museum next to the track, Mike, including a couple of American touches. Having a six-day event means there is plenty of time to visit.

Alan59

Quote from: Dasha on December 01, 2021, 10:48:48 AM
I am sure there will be some casualties with rain forecast on the Thurs, Frid & Saturday, hopefully it is a dry race on the Sunday BUT if we do get rain on race day who are the teams / drivers that can handle a wet track the best ?
I am thinking that SVG & Lowndes would have to be the best wet weather drivers, also in my opinion & this is just ( my opinion ) i think the Commodores seem to handle the wet a tad better than the Mustangs.
I hope that I am wrong but team 888 have the best driver line up & would have to be race favorites.
What are your thoughts ?   
Less than 1 ml of rain predicted for Friday and Saturday and none for Sunday.If they run the race on Tuesday rain will be a major factor,

Kytabu

View from the top. Raining in town at the moment.

murph_fan51

Must be neat at night overlooking the Bathurst township with the lights? How is the new walkway up there?
debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

Kye, those pics from atop are GREAT!  Glad it is not raining on you guys like it may have been forecasted earlier.

When the action has stopped for the evening, can the fans walk the track?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Skip

Hi everyone, newby here.
I've been to many a bathurst race over the years but haven't been for 8 years. My work plans have changed this year so I'm heading up with the kids.
A few questions... any responses greatly appreciated!
- it looks like the shuttle bus is still running g to the top of the mountain so I can assume we can park at the bottom and bus it to the top of the hill if we want?
- with covid are we able to free range from spectator areas to spectator areas or do we need to stay seated in one spot?
- I'm assuming we can still walk wander from Reid park to the elbow or general admission?
- ummm what's priority parking??
Thanks 😊

Trevor

I can answer the first 2, yes and yes. There is a cost for the hus

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 01, 2021, 07:47:40 PM
Kye, those pics from atop are GREAT!  Glad it is not raining on you guys like it may have been forecasted earlier.

the latest email says no, but I can't see how they are going to stop it, we could do it in previous years

Skip

Quote from: Trevor on December 01, 2021, 08:34:07 PM

Thanks Trevor, so that's a yes to being able to wander?

Kytabu

Quote from: murph_fan51 on December 01, 2021, 07:46:17 PM
Must be neat at night overlooking the Bathurst etownship with the lights? How is the new walkway up there?
Yep, the view from Skyline is incredible at night. You can see cars travelling on the country roads towards the horizon. The walkway is nice, especially the viewing platform at Skyline.

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 01, 2021, 07:47:40 PM

Yeah, once the course car goes past with green lights on it is fair game. We did a track walk last night. I'll post up some pics from the bottom tomorrow.

Quote from: Skip on December 01, 2021, 09:02:17 PM
Quote from: Trevor on December 01, 2021, 08:34:07 PM

Thanks Trevor, so that's a yes to being able to wander?
All the usual general admission areas are accessible, so Reid Park to the Elbow is all open.