News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

That was their bogey track Zac....T8 & SVG still amassed the most points across the 4 weekends..

mikeamerica84

I know the best way to settle this, REM and Zac:  Stand back-to-back, take six paces, turn, and FIRE in the tipping contest we are going to have on the Fantasy Thread.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

fordman

currently looking at driving route to Bathurst looks to be only one road in/out ATM that's open? even Sydney cut off?

any local Forum readers can advise on camping grounds situation especially Max Cameron as its at the bottom of the mountain?

Kytabu

Quote from: fordman on November 26, 2021, 09:08:00 AM
currently looking at driving route to Bathurst looks to be only one road in/out ATM that's open? even Sydney cut off?
Where are you looking? For me, the Great Western Highway is fine on Live Traffic NSW apart from a water over the road notice just outside Bathurst, but there are no closures.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Trevor

any local Forum readers can advise on camping grounds situation especially Max Cameron as its at the bottom of the mountain?
where are you driving from?

It is a bit hard to tell you how to get there if we don't know where you are coming from
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on November 25, 2021, 07:40:17 PM
That was their bogey track Zac....T8 & SVG still amassed the most points across the 4 weekends..

Only due to DJR putting wrong tyres on the car. Take out that DQ, guess who likely wins - AdP says himself:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/23/de-pasquales-take-on-saturday-duels-sunday-washout/

Granted that DJR have had the running at SMP for a while now, but you can't discount their form heading into Bathurst. AdP was 5 tenths up for pretty well all 4 weekends!!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on November 26, 2021, 09:36:41 AM

where are you driving from?

It is a bit hard to tell you how to get there if we don't know where you are coming from

Grafton North coast NSW

fordman

Quote from: Kytabu on November 26, 2021, 09:26:55 AM
Where are you looking? For me, the Great Western Highway is fine on Live Traffic NSW apart from a water over the road notice just outside Bathurst, but there are no closures.

yes saw that but what do the say if its flooded forget it??? Bathurst just had 40mils already today maybe bit more the water over the road?  but reports should ease off today/tomorrow.

REM

Quote from: skaifeman on November 26, 2021, 09:41:51 AM

Only due to DJR putting wrong tyres on the car. Take out that DQ, guess who likely wins - AdP says himself:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/23/de-pasquales-take-on-saturday-duels-sunday-washout/

Granted that DJR have had the running at SMP for a while now, but you can't discount their form heading into Bathurst. AdP was 5 tenths up for pretty well all 4 weekends!!

Fair points to consider, but I think the ZB has a better areo package, particularly for high speed straight line stuff, the ZB is also better in the wet and has a broader set up window,  T8 have far better co-drivers, the 6 has the best driver combo in the Fords, but the speed is missing now and Tickford have gone backwards since May.....I really think it is a forgone conclusion that one of the T8 cars will win, they typically do win Bathurst and they are the most dominant they have looked in the last 5 years.....

Sonic

Quote from: REM on November 26, 2021, 11:18:28 AM

Fair points to consider, but I think the ZB has a better areo package, particularly for high speed straight line stuff, the ZB is also better in the wet and has a broader set up window,  T8 have far better co-drivers, the 6 has the best driver combo in the Fords, but the speed is missing now and Tickford have gone backwards since May.....I really think it is a forgone conclusion that one of the T8 cars will win, they typically do win Bathurst and they are the most dominant they have looked in the last 5 years.....

if you are going to say a Commie is going to win I wouldn't rub one of the Erebus cars out of the equation. both main gamers have shown some grit this year!

and you can imagine the party if Erebus takes it out!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

Quote from: Sonic on November 26, 2021, 11:50:15 AM
Quote from: REM on November 26, 2021, 11:18:28 AM

if you are going to say a Commie is going to win I wouldn't rub one of the Erebus cars out of the equation. both main gamers have shown some grit this year!

and you can imagine the party if Erebus takes it out!

Definite podium chance, and if it has to be a ZB...one of them for sure...Brodie is one of the few who will stand up to SVG.... a win is unlikely though...

mikeamerica84

T8 to head the field all weekend long IMO.  But on an outside chance, the way Sladey ran the first race of the year before his shunt, I wonder if he will factor in qually.  With Blanchard as his co-driver, any RACE success is out the window.

I think Mostert and Holdsworth are a good combo, though.  Just as good as any T8 pairing.

Other good pairings are Courtney and Randle, Frosty and Caruso, ADP and Tony D', & Brown and Perkins.

This is such a great race and anticipation leading up to it.  I am so grateful we have the social media/internet nowadays so us Yanks over here can follow this flag-to-flag.  I cannot WAIT!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Zac

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 25, 2021, 11:58:28 PM
I know the best way to settle this, REM and Zac:  Stand back-to-back, take six paces, turn, and FIRE in the tipping contest we are going to have on the Fantasy Thread.   ;D
Thanks for your invitation Mike, but I'm a hopeless tipster and I don't think REM's much better. REM however, has predicted  1-2s for the two 888 cars regularly, so you already know what he'd have at the top of his predictions - and just like a stopped clock, he's been right on occasions. He's so biased towards those 888 cars though, it's hard to take him seriously. He's a thoroughly good bloke, but his love affair with Holden, 888 and SVG wears a bit thin sometimes. You should try spending a few days at the track with him.

Sonic

forget everything you think you know about next week at Bathurst... just did a long range weather check and so far we have...

Tue - 22 and thunderstorms
Wed - 24 and thunderstorms
Thu - 26 and rain
Fri - 25 and thunderstorms

now I know that the weather predictors don't have a clue but that ain't a pretty outlook!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on November 26, 2021, 02:57:58 PM
forget everything you think you know about next week at Bathurst... just did a long range weather check and so far we have...

Tue - 22 and thunderstorms
Wed - 24 and thunderstorms
Thu - 26 and rain
Fri - 25 and thunderstorms

now I know that the weather predictors don't have a clue but that ain't a pretty outlook!

Been looking at it every couple of hours hoping it will change, just hope its not iike 2012 I think where they closed the general car park and bussed everyone in and the campgrounds were a boggy mess? but since them the roads in max cameron anyway are much improved but not tested in prolonged rain.