News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Quote from: AlbertM on December 04, 2021, 09:36:13 PM
Sounds like Erebus was trying to pull a DJR/TP trick by shifting weight. Can understand a door was under effecting the total weight, but the weight was still in the car somewhere.
Does it really matter if the doors are underweight, unless it is a safety issue? I understand that having weight in different parts of the car can effect overall performance, but total weight was not under.

What tipped the stewards into removing doors to weigh them, given overall weight was correct? I could understand them investigating further if car was underweight or would this be standard practice?
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

AlbertM

That's why I think Erebus was trying something. The weight shift was obvious and that's why they weighed the doors.

Does it matter? Probably not. But Supercars made a big stink about weight position and centre of gravity at ADL 2019 that they made a rod for their back.
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

Quote from: madbugger on December 05, 2021, 07:21:01 AM
Sounds like Erebus was trying to pull a DJR/TP trick by shifting weight. Can understand a door was under effecting the total weight, but the weight was still in the car somewhere.
I understand that having weight in different parts of the car can effect overall performance, but total weight was not under.

That's exactly why.

These kinds of things have to be treated as black and white when it comes to being penalised otherwise it becomes a complete shambles with potential bias when opinion and context begins to come into play for the verdicts.

skaifeman

Go Chaz! Quickest ever! First Walkinshaw pole since 2009!

Feeney quickest in the warm up. Doesn't give much away.
#88 again lucky to find their roll bar lever not working now, rather than at 5 laps into the race.

Just about every support race has had a yellow for a car in the wall/sand. Has a race gone full length yet?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

Quote from: Ospif1 on December 05, 2021, 10:41:39 AM
I understand that having weight in different parts of the car can effect overall performance, but total weight was not under.

That's exactly why.

These kinds of things have to be treated as black and white when it comes to being penalised otherwise it becomes a complete shambles with potential bias when opinion and context begins to come into play for the verdicts.

I do wonder why they weren't put back to the back of the grid and only the Top 10?
debris debris debris

Ospif1

Quote from: murph_fan51 on December 05, 2021, 11:03:52 AM
Quote from: Ospif1 on December 05, 2021, 10:41:39 AM

That's exactly why.

I do wonder why they weren't put back to the back of the grid and only the Top 10?
Because they were only caught after that particular session presumably in a parc ferme condition.  They won't penalise for previous sessions where the car may have been different, they have to work with factual evidence only.

mikeamerica84

I dropped in one last time, Kye!  Thanks for the paddock shots.  I watched qually and the Shootout.  Edge of my seat I was for all of the Shootout.  On some of the helicopter shots I was looking for your Focus and site out back in the campground.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

AlbertM

I take back what I said about Erebus and believe it was just an oversight given the amount of weight they were pinged for. Larko has a blub on the Supercars website.
Ford Faithful

mikeamerica84

Contemplate this, guys:

Let us say an Erebus car wins the race, THEN they found out the doors were too light.  Do you think they would be DQ'd?  It is an easier setback to recover from in qually, but in the race itself.....?  Plus it would give the WHOLE week/weekend a black eye.

If your answer "Yes", now let me up the ante:  Would they DQ a Red Bull car for the same infringement?  J-Dub in his final race?

I think the enforcement of the rules is based on the "status" of the camp.  I am sure a BJR car or a Grove car would be ripped to shreds if they won under those circumstances.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Joe5619

Are they going to play these fake crowd noises all day? It's the same ****en clip every time. There is enough people there to make real noises, don'ts create fake crap..

And come on Frosty, can only hope for a miracle today!!

skaifeman

Alex Davison with the best start of the race. Tander just had the inside line.

Bloody shame for Pye/Golding, game over for them already.

The DJR cars don't look great on a full load. Blanchard overtaking one and ranging up on the other. I'd suggest they're aggressively saving fuel.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Ospif1

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 05, 2021, 12:03:19 PM
Contemplate this, guys:
If your answer "Yes", now let me up the ante:  Would they DQ a Red Bull car for the same infringement?  J-Dub in his final race?

This is the problem with part of the fanbase.  Hypotheticals with zero evidence or basis to be mentioned but expressed as a fact which only contributes to the ever growing false narrative of favouritism bordering on corruption in the stewards office.

TheArrow

Looks like they're trying to make up for not showing the Supercheap car all weekend by showing it literally every single lap today.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

skaifeman

Quote from: TheArrow on December 05, 2021, 01:00:34 PM
Looks like they're trying to make up for not showing the Supercheap car all weekend by showing it literally every single lap today.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It's just about the only car making overtakes.

...and now getting overtaken.

coyote302

Car 25 looks like it's going to be hard to beat.
I live to trigger woke snowflakes