News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2023

Started by murph_fan51, January 02, 2022, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V8SuperRiley

I noticed that Tickford have signed Zak Best to race again in 2023, but not in Super 2... Do we possibly see JC retire after Adelaide?

stevo qld

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on December 01, 2022, 09:15:29 AM
I noticed that Tickford have signed Zak Best to race again in 2023, but not in Super 2... Do we possibly see JC retire after Adelaide?

Wild card and endurance driver more likely, with an aim of a 2024 drive.

Are any of the current drivers on contracts that complete at the end of 2023?

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Quote from: stevo qld on December 01, 2022, 09:44:39 AM
Quote from: V8SuperRiley on December 01, 2022, 09:15:29 AM

Wild card and endurance driver more likely, with an aim of a 2024 drive.

Are any of the current drivers on contracts that complete at the end of 2023?

Edwards and the owners must be well and truly pissed off at the crash fest put on by some of their current drivers.

I 'reckon the staff are sick of late-night rebuilding too.  :'(

With 2 of his drivers placing second last and third last of the full season drivers and only one in the top 10, they may be on borrowed time and would richly deserve an early contract release.

Zac Best should be in the main game in 2023 replacing one of the three.

Personal sponsor money might result in a different outcome, rather than the best driver for the job.  :(

If the current drivers continue, Tickford should look at building 6 or 7 new cars, so that they have enough spares.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Brazen

Jack Smith, Jake Kostecki and Macca all wasting their seats... plenty of way more talented drivers out there... The nepotism from Brad Jones needs to stop

V8SuperRiley

Interesting to see that Tander has left Red Bull for the 2023 enduro season...

skaifeman

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on December 09, 2022, 02:38:14 PM
Interesting to see that Tander has left Red Bull for the 2023 enduro season...

This is huge! Still the best co-driver in my eyes.

Is Holdsworth coming on board? Or Lowndes returning to the Red Bull fold?
Dare say Jamie wants a drive with SVG and Tander didn't want to team up with Feeney? Feeney and Lowndes would work a treat.

Where to for Tander? I can only see him either hanging up the helmet or giving the Blue Oval a crack - WAU, Tickford and DJR are the only other teams worth looking at.
WAU likely a logjam though, with both Coulthard and Holdsworth heavily linked, and Luff has been fantastic.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Huge news: Tander to Grove

skaifeman

Quote from: TheArrow on December 09, 2022, 02:44:45 PM

Completely contrary to my above post. Wow, Reynolds/Tander.
Dare say Grove threw some $$$ at him. Ala Cauchi and Shippy.

Win/win for both 888 and Tander. Lowndes stays on and GT gets his payday.

Wrighty05

Grove have got some big scalps.

And they have a co-driver who is at least the equal of their main ones.

Talk at WAU of a potential wildcard, so Luff stays.

DJR need to up their co-driver spend it seems

TheArrow

Quote from: Wrighty05 on December 09, 2022, 03:03:31 PM
DJR need to up their co-driver spend it seems

As "safe" as Tony D'Alberto is, they can't settle for someone "safe". They need fast. I'm sure they would have, but they should have made ba offer to Tander to try to poach him. Davo and Tander won in 09 so it would have been a race winning combo.

I'm not sure where I heard it but someone mentioned ADavo won't be back next season which is a good decision in my mind. But who will they get to replace him? There aren't a lot of good options left out there unless they try to poach from someone else. Fraser was fast with T8 but I can't see them letting him go. There really aren't any more options for them.

Holdsworth seems likely to return to WAU with Coulthard. And I think Luff is probably past his time even as a co-driver. He seems in the same boat as D'Alberto - safe, but not fast enough.

stevo qld

Quote from: skaifeman on December 09, 2022, 02:48:11 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on December 09, 2022, 02:44:45 PM

Completely contrary to my above post. Wow, Reynolds/Tander.
Dare say Grove threw some $$$ at him. Ala Cauchi and Shippy.

Win/win for both 888 and Tander. Lowndes stays on and GT gets his payday.

Tander, who I personally rate in the top 5 Supercar drivers would be a much better fit with Matt Payne, a driver on the way up, who can benefit from Tander's experience.

Reynolds has shown a fitness problem with endurance events over the years and at championship 8th out of 24, he is only marginally better than a midfield driver. By years end, Payne will likely be the number one driver in the Grove team.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Wrighty05

It seems like he's taking on a mentoring role with Payne too

madbugger

Quote from: Brazen on December 05, 2022, 09:59:20 PM
Jack Smith, Jake Kostecki and Macca all wasting their seats... plenty of way more talented drivers out there... The nepotism from Brad Jones needs to stop

why? surely  Macca has as much right or more to that seat than anyone. Brad's money, surely he is entitled to put anyone he cares to in the seat.

The teams aren't charities, the available seats don't  have to go to the best driver,.

If you want another driver in Macca's seat then I suggest you buy the team and put your driver in it.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Troy01505

Quote from: madbugger on December 10, 2022, 09:56:07 AM
Quote from: Brazen on December 05, 2022, 09:59:20 PM

why? surely  Macca has as much right or more to that seat than anyone. Brad's money, surely he is entitled to put anyone he cares to in the seat.

The teams aren't charities, the available seats don't  have to go to the best driver,.

If you want another driver in Macca's seat then I suggest you buy the team and put your driver in it.

Not sure people understand that it's not actually Daddy's money keeping him on the grid,.