News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Speedcafe's Annual Fan Survey

Started by skaifeman, January 11, 2022, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on January 14, 2022, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on January 14, 2022, 09:49:03 AM
Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 07:07:14 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on January 12, 2022, 07:04:47 PM
Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 06:28:31 PM
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/12/survey-van-gisbergen-voted-most-popular-supercars-driver/?fbclid=IwAR2iFNtAPvp8yOIKV3N-EASWDEqcgDQeXXOZHDTxvfMAchV-DhtIMiQuvA8

SVG- %16.5,which is much what you expect....from Mostert  %10.8 again as you would expect... Cam %7.5 and ADP %8.5 pretty close!

How about poor old Frosty on %2.42...he use to have such a following...

DR on %7 is interesting too! Picking up the Djokovic vote :D

Reynolds a big surprise. I guess that's why Penrite followed him.

Yeah, your old mate Frosty took a hit when he went to the red side.

Frosty's popularity has followed his results.... ;) :D

Frostys fanbase dropped immediately when Scotty moved to Ford and rightfully so. He was the best to come along since Lowndes in 94. Once frosty jumped ship to Holden he lost out again, Ford fans moved on to bigger and better drivers and Holden fans were still dirty that he was a Tickford driver.

Davey may be the alleged drop kick clown but no surprise he is where he is. He won over all the anti-vax and all the brain dead bogans that find him funny regardless of the manufacturer they support.

Interesting point about the Holden fans still being dirty with Frosty as a former Tickford driver.....so why the great love in from them for "cough ya bastard, cough"".. Chaz?

It'd be fair to say that Chaz sat in the shadow of Frosty and then McLaughlin, so didn't have the airtime to rub the Red brigade the wrong way.
A Bathurst win in the new team always helps ;) 8).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Skip

I don't think many holden fans ever hated frosty or for that matter Chaz. I've always seen frosty as a really nice guy who just drove the wrong car, Chaz is a bit the same imho. If it was someone arrogant like Ambrose though I would be less forgiving!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Skip on January 14, 2022, 11:51:22 AM
I don't think many holden fans ever hated frosty or for that matter Chaz. I've always seen frosty as a really nice guy who just drove the wrong car, Chaz is a bit the same imho. If it was someone arrogant like Ambrose though I would be less forgiving!
Chaz actually jumped ship to go to the red side.  His call.  He is an up and comer with his whole future ahead of him.  Frosty, on the other hand, albeit a nice guy, saw the writing on the wall and took to the red side as Plan B while his career had peaked and he was on the back slope heading down.  Kind of like Courtney these days - who will give me the best deal to finish this whole career out?

No brainer for the Holden fans to jump on the Chaz bandwagon.  Hell.... if I were them, I would do the same.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

REM

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on January 14, 2022, 12:42:29 PM
Chaz actually jumped ship to go to the red side.  His call.  He is an up and comer with his whole future ahead of him.  Frosty, on the other hand, albeit a nice guy, saw the writing on the wall and took to the red side as Plan B while his career had peaked and he was on the back slope heading down.  Kind of like Courtney these days - who will give me the best deal to finish this whole career out?

No brainer for the Holden fans to jump on the Chaz bandwagon.  Hell.... if I were them, I would do the same.

"Chaz an up an comer-with his whole future ahead of him!!" He is pretty much 30, he realistically has 3-5 good top end years left, he'll probably have children in a few years and lose half a second like they all do.....but I agree Frosty is pretty much past it...

I think WAU would have pretty much the oldest average age driver line yeah(actually JC & CW is 68 versus 63 for WAU CM and NP)? They will need to get it together and pretty quick....

Has any driver in Supercars ever won their first championship at age 30 or over? Bowie was just on 40 I think.....but that wasn't in supercar period.....

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on January 14, 2022, 01:14:52 PM

"Chaz an up an comer-with his whole future ahead of him!!" He is pretty much 30, he realistically has 3-5 good top end years left, he'll probably have children in a few years and lose half a second like they all do.....but I agree Frosty is pretty much past it...

I think WAU would have pretty much the oldest average age driver line yeah(actually JC & CW is 68 versus 63 for WAU CM and NP)? They will need to get it together and pretty quick....

Has any driver in Supercars ever won their first championship at age 30 or over? Bowie was just on 40 I think.....but that wasn't in supercar period.....

Off the top of my head, surely Ingall was 30+, maybe even Tander? Courtney would've been close-ish too?

Update:
Ingall was 41 in 2005.
Tander was 30 in 2007.
Courtney was 30 in 2010.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

Quote from: skaifeman on January 14, 2022, 01:43:00 PM

Off the top of my head, surely Ingall was 30+, maybe even Tander? Courtney would've been close-ish too?

Update:
Ingall was 41 in 2005.
Tander was 30 in 2007.
Courtney was 30 in 2010.

Ohh....nice work, forgot about Rusty....so there has been one, over 30......

LG

Quote from: REM on January 14, 2022, 03:34:04 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on January 14, 2022, 01:43:00 PM

Update:
Ingall was 41 in 2005.
Tander was 30 in 2007.
Courtney was 30 in 2010.

Ohh....nice work, forgot about Rusty....so there has been one, over 30......

Haven't got my glasses on.
Is that over 30 or over 80?    :)  :)  :)

murph_fan51

Surely J Dub was 32 or 33 when he won his last championship?
debris debris debris

REM

Quote from: murph_fan51 on January 14, 2022, 07:57:18 PM

But I was talking about people winning their "first" championship at 30 and over.....

murph_fan51

Quote from: REM on January 15, 2022, 07:57:18 AM

But I was talking about people winning their "first" championship at 30 and over.....
Oh right :o While I can see 30 and over winning their first championship, can't say over 40 will be doable again?

I'm still surprised SVG is voted the most popular. I'd give my vote to Chaz or Will Brown.
debris debris debris

Sonic

I wonder what the survey's answers would be if it was to all motorsport enthusiasts rather than just those who frequent Speedcafe?

Also wonder where SC would come in that ranking if they were game enough to include it?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

Quote from: murph_fan51 on January 15, 2022, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: REM on January 15, 2022, 07:57:18 AM

Oh right :o While I can see 30 and over winning their first championship, can't say over 40 will be doable again?

I'm still surprised SVG is voted the most popular. I'd give my vote to Chaz or Will Brown.

I reckon anything is possible.....but if you haven't won one by 30, it's increasingly unlikely.....Chaz is hardly a star of the future....his time is now.....hard to see him topping SVG in the next year or two, but it's possible, I guess....."the whole future ahead of them" is  ADP, Feeney, Payne, Will Brown...and Brodie...

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on January 14, 2022, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on January 14, 2022, 09:49:03 AM
Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 07:07:14 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on January 12, 2022, 07:04:47 PM
Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 06:28:31 PM
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/12/survey-van-gisbergen-voted-most-popular-supercars-driver/?fbclid=IwAR2iFNtAPvp8yOIKV3N-EASWDEqcgDQeXXOZHDTxvfMAchV-DhtIMiQuvA8

SVG- %16.5,which is much what you expect....from Mostert  %10.8 again as you would expect... Cam %7.5 and ADP %8.5 pretty close!

How about poor old Frosty on %2.42...he use to have such a following...

DR on %7 is interesting too! Picking up the Djokovic vote :D

Reynolds a big surprise. I guess that's why Penrite followed him.

Yeah, your old mate Frosty took a hit when he went to the red side.

Frosty's popularity has followed his results.... ;) :D

Frostys fanbase dropped immediately when Scotty moved to Ford and rightfully so. He was the best to come along since Lowndes in 94. Once frosty jumped ship to Holden he lost out again, Ford fans moved on to bigger and better drivers and Holden fans were still dirty that he was a Tickford driver.

Davey may be the alleged drop kick clown but no surprise he is where he is. He won over all the anti-vax and all the brain dead bogans that find him funny regardless of the manufacturer they support.

Interesting point about the Holden fans still being dirty with Frosty as a former Tickford driver.....so why the great love in from them for "cough ya bastard, cough"".. Chaz?

Frosty was the blue sides god for quite sometime which is probably why so many Red men despised him and he had a totally different personality to Chaz. Chaz has always been a happy, friendly, likeable bloke even whilst driving for the enemy and winning a Bathurst, most of us still
Applauded him and were stoked he snatched the win.

As for the evil fella who ran out of fuel, many Holden fans have always hated him. Even Holden seen him as an arrogant prick, a cockhead, egotistical flog and many other things but not the hard working dude that was all business, so dedicated and gave it so much that 2nd was seen as a failure. He has relaxed a hell of a lot these last 5 years as won a few more people over but for most, it was to late.

Me I've always admired Jdub whether he be Ford or Holden just because he put so much effort into being the best, much like Skaifey back in the day. Chaz, how could anyone not cheer him on for both his Bathurst wins, both were unbelievably great in their own ways. Frosty, not a fan but can tolerate him, I can cheer him on for a pass but not often for a win.

Anyways, that's enough whisky talk. Back on to the poll

skaifeman

Crompo comes out as the top presenter, with Larko closely behind.

Then daylight...........

...........back to Skaifey, Tander and Lowndes.
Interestingly, Ingall comes in at 6th despite only hosting his YouTube channel and Riana Crehan ranks far higher than Charli Robinson.