News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

12 months of President Biden

Started by coyote302, January 21, 2022, 08:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote302

After 12 months of Biden rule is the USA better off, or worse off?
I live to trigger woke snowflakes

Ospif1

Is this compared to the guy that continues to reject the democratic process?

stevo qld

Quote from: Ospif1 on January 21, 2022, 08:50:05 PM
Are we seriously asking if the US would be better off under Trump still?  I'm all for healthy political discussion but that would be akin to discussing it with a toddler.

Somewhat irrelevant what we think as we don't get to vote, or most of us don't

USA Polls are showing support for Sleepy Joe as low 30% in a lot of polls.

Trump has a strong base with Republicans but Biden apparently has low support with Democrats.

Biden is very likely to be a single term President, if he manages to get through that first term.

Kamala Harris has low 40% approval. Her best chance of becoming President is if Joe slips off the perch or goes even more ga-ga.

To replace either at the next election, the Democrats have a hard choice as about 20 Democrats are going to run about bad mouthing each other during the primaries.

Not that I am in favour of it, but Trump winning would be my bet if I had to place actual cash on the outcome. :(
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

coyote302

I live to trigger woke snowflakes

AlbertM

Quote from: coyote302 on January 22, 2022, 10:15:08 AM
Biden is defiantly not in control, it's obvious that he is just a puppet.

https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/rita-panahi/joe-bidens-cognitive-decline-is-obvious/video/68cf41a15808c297e25ba4031cb7fa98

Compared to the last man child, Biden is a Steven Hawking...LOL!

Lay off the Murdoch Press it'll rot your brain.
Ford Faithful

fordman

I notice Biden tried to change this so called process that got him in, and failed, why did he try and change it?

worth watching are the mid terms. but the Biden loving media over here wont report it.

Worries me is this Russia thing sleepy joe in control of the military.

Sonic

my interest more than opinions from Oz is what Mike thinks from his seat in the auditorium?

I have a few good friends over there in assorted states and they go from the Biden lovers to the Trump lovers... and there doesn't appear to be much of an in between.

what is it like where you are Mike? (if you see this LOL)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

EgoFG

Quote from: Sonic on January 25, 2022, 05:55:10 PM
... they go from the Biden lovers to the Trump lovers... and there doesn't appear to be much of an in between.

This country is very tribal politically.
In theory (IMHO):
The Left look after social aspects first, and hope that financial stuff works, and likes strong government control,
The Right likes to look after business first (Small/Medium/Large) and uses light government control
The change in US politics reflects that

Personality politics, tribalism and media that has an agenda makes things crazy

There is a groundswell that suspects that there was a 'bait and switch' a year ago, this can be seen in many polls

LG

Quote from: fordman on January 25, 2022, 04:52:46 PM

I notice Biden tried to change this so called process that got him in, and failed, why did he try and change it?

worth watching are the mid terms. but the Biden loving media over here wont report it.

I think it's much better than the childish maniac they kicked out.

fordman

Quote from: LG on January 26, 2022, 08:33:01 AM

who may come back if te polls are to be believed.

the undertaker

Quote from: fordman on January 26, 2022, 10:55:25 AM

who may come back if te polls are to be believed.

Jeez I don't think yanks could be that stupid twice!

fordman

Quote from: the undertaker on January 26, 2022, 03:29:58 PM

who may come back if the polls are to be believed.

well they are 2 for 2 ATM.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on January 25, 2022, 05:55:10 PM
my interest more than opinions from Oz is what Mike thinks from his seat in the auditorium?

I have a few good friends over there in assorted states and they go from the Biden lovers to the Trump lovers... and there doesn't appear to be much of an in between.

what is it like where you are Mike? (if you see this LOL)
I do not wish to get involved in this thread, Sonic.  Will Rogers once said, "Well, all I know is what I read in the papers."  Papers.... news.... media... take your pick.  You can form any opinion you wish from there.

However, I will submit my insight just this once, sir, since you ask.  I am right wing conservative Republican.  I am by no means left, liberal, or a Democrat.

Our main issues over here are vaccine mandates, voters' rights/suppression, and the economy.  Let's put Ukraine aside for now and let NATO finally step up to the plate.

The Supreme Court shot down vaccine mandates.  This was a push from the left.  If passed it would have meant weekly testing for the unvaccinated and less stringent mask rules for the vaccinated.  So, by being unvaccinated you would have to give in to weekly tests at your place of business.  Not the vaccinated - only the unvaccinated.  Yet all can spread the virus equally.  It is a press job to annoy the unvaccinated.

When I was a young man growing up in Detroit in the 60s, Civil Rights and an end to the suppression of minorities was the hot topic of that decade.  The southern part of the USA was implementing segregation - equal but separate for blacks and whites.  This was eventually ruled unconstitutional and banned.  Yet with the proposed, and asinine COVID vaccine/testing policy noted above, segregation was tabled by the left by singling out vaxxed and non-vaxxed.

As for mandating the vaccination, good luck trying to force any American to do something the government is telling them to do.  "Live free or die" is the motto of the State of New Hampshire.  When the topic of abortion comes up, which it is quite rapidly here and the possibility of overturning Roe v. Wade, the battle cry of the left is "My body, my choice."  That doesn't work for a vaccine mandate - "My body, my choice."  So there is the rub.  Sure, not being vaxxed could increase the chance of illness or death.  I think abortion does the same, if not more.

And voters' rights.  I do not know how voting works in Oz but here is how it works here:  You go to your local government office and sign up to vote.  They ensure you are qualified - basically a USA citizen.  You show your ID (driver's license, birth certificate, social security card, etc.) and you are in.  When you go to a polling place you may be asked to show proof of who you are and they will verify that you can vote at said place.  For example, I live in Michigan, but I cannot vote in Indiana.

With the last election, and the "Stop the Steal" cry, it seemed like late in the going various state governments pulled a Michael Masi and the rules were changed.  Ballots were sent to homes, one could fill them out, and drop them off in a public ballot box and it would be considered good.  No proof of who filled what out or how many times one voted.  This is the rub wherein the latest voters' right bill was shot down.  We HAVE voters' rights.  You just have to prove who you are when it comes time to vote.  If you do not sign up beforehand, you cannot vote.  It is actually pretty simple.  I have no problem seeing someone or something I voted for get shot down.  I just want to ensure that the tally was accurate.

So those are the topics at hand.

COVID is still everywhere.  Trump was raked over the coals by the international media for it's spread.  Biden has been...... anyone?

Trump will not come back and if he tries his party will squelch him in the primaries.  Biden will not win re-election if the current ship is not righted.  Especially at his age and cognizance.  Now, we do have three more years so the Dems can make a go at it.  But things can go sideways so fast in the game, as the Coronavirus derailed a shoe-in Trump and the right side back in early 2020 (IMO).  There will be two new candidates unless Hilary Clinton tries for the Dem nomination again.  Look for the Republican rep to be far right still, and holding a very conservative stick, but more politically polished than Trump, for he was never a pol.  That was his major selling point back in 2016.

Me.... this is where I like motorsport more than any other time in my life.  I can unwind, relax, enjoy, and banter with fellow fans no matter which side of the fence they are on, for we are all bound by motorsport here on V8Central.

You all all good with me no matter where you stand.  Like I always tell everyone here - get out and vote.  I do not care HOW you vote, just get out and do it.

I am done with this thread now, Phil.  :)

Cheers from the snowy top side of the globe!

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Thanks Mike. Insider view is always helpful. Appreciate your 2c worth.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

the undertaker

Quote from: fordman on January 26, 2022, 04:38:58 PM
Quote from: the undertaker on January 26, 2022, 03:29:58 PM

who may come back if the polls are to be believed.

well they are 2 for 2 ATM.

Yep they certainly are, surely next election they will vote for someone under 90, but maybe not their IQ