News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Liveries

Started by skaifeman, January 26, 2022, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

I know REM posted this in the Silly 2022 thread already, but I think it best to start a livery thread for throughout the year.
Surprised no one has revealed until now!

December 1
January 26
February 3
February 15
February 16 & 17
February 17
February 19
February 21
February 21
February 21
February 21
February 21
February 22
February 22
February 23
February 28
-
Tickford / Randle
Grove Racing
Matt Stone Racing
WAU
Blanchard Racing Team
BJR / Heimgartner
Erebus Motorsport
BJR / Smith
PremiAIR Racing
Team 18 / Winterbottom
Tickford / Kostecki
Tickford / Waters
BJR / Fullwood and Jones
DJR
Team18 / Pye
Tickford / Courtney

Penrite kick us off with their expanded sponsorship of Grove.
Only differences are the white/red fins on the splitter - that I've noticed.

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

lanky1

Easy to forget, Randle unveiled his livery last year

REM

Welcome Lanky and well spotted!  ;) Though I am a Tickford fan, that Castrol livery is not a patch on Rick's version  in 2020.....

murph_fan51

I see Ned has stayed with Penrite. Had wondered if Heimgartner took the sponsorship with him?
Penrite cars look ok, but they had better liveries on the ZB.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/2022-supercars-livery-reveal-dates-what-we-know-so-far/
debris debris debris

Brazen

It's hard to appreciate new liveries on the current stang after seeing the new model

madbugger

Not sure I like this. Mandating that teams must have certain themes for different rounds just doesn't sit well with me

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/01/supercars-makes-indigenous-liveries-mandatory-for-darwin/

Supercars has mandated that all teams carry an indigenous-themed livery at the Darwin Triple Crown later this year.
Last year the category confirmed plans to designate its annual event at Hidden Valley Raceway the official indigenous round.
Supercars and its teams will work with local artists to design liveries in the spirit of the event, celebrating Aboriginal culture.
The new rule (E1.9.2) of Supercars' Operations Manual reads, "For the Official Supercars Indigenous Event (Merlin Darwin Triple Crown), it is compulsory for each Car to have a designated Indigenous themed livery.
"Each Team must submit a complete colour graphic illustration representing the proposed design and colour scheme that the Team intends to use on the Car thirty (30) days prior to the Event for cultural approval / appropriateness."
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Roadways6

lanky1

Teaser

Looks like only a minor change.

Interesting the shirt has Chevrolet Racing. I wonder if the cars will have Bowties?

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/02/triple-eight-teases-2022-livery/

skaifeman

Seems like a minor revision for 888. I must say, it's softer than last year. Without the hard outlines of the company logos it doesn't look as busy. It's still busy, just not peak hour as per last year.

No Vodafone sponsorship?
Feeney takes on the #88.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/03/red-bull-ampol-racing-reveals-2022-livery/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Reminds me of last year's livery but with the light blue highlights of 2020 woven in.

I like the way the light blue comes off the bottom of the splitter and up the side of the intake.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Brazen

Red Bull car looks much cleaner this year... the lighter blue works as a great highlight compared to the red which was too jarring

Joe5619

The T8 one sucks as it's exactly the same as last year..

Ospif1

Quote from: Joe5619 on February 03, 2022, 02:43:15 PM
The T8 one sucks as it's exactly the same as last year..
If the sponsors are happy why change it for the sake of change?  Worked well for DJR all these years now as well.

SetonFan

Interesting that the story about Vodafone joining the team didn't eventuate

skaifeman

Quote from: SetonFan on February 03, 2022, 09:08:43 PM
Interesting that the story about Vodafone joining the team didn't eventuate

And now that I think of it, Supercheap remains too.