News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on February 08, 2022, 05:20:33 AM
People are tired of the Greens and are quite happily separating them from Labor, it is only you Liberal voters that want to hang onto the Gillard days where she had ONE Green supporting her, despite the Liberal cries of Labor being in bed with the Greens, here I will write it again ONE green

This current Government has done heaps of deals with Brandt to get their policies through in the hung Parliament

I will agree on one thing your said, well kinda, the ABC is left, but not so sure about the obvious push for Labor, I would call them 'liberal' in their approach rather than Labor

"you Liberal voters"

Wash your mouth out with soap.

QuotePersonally, I decided some time ago that if Labor put up a Female Candidate, she would get my vote and I intend to stick with that. Not very scientific  ::)

Here she is.
https://www.alp.org.au/our-people/our-people/tabatha-young/

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

"as an Aboriginal woman"  am I missing something?  :o

Labor does have some awesome women in their group, I am a real fan of Tanya Plibersek, Penny Wong, Anne Aly, Linda Burney and to some extent Kristina Keneally

I reckon either Tanya or Penny are leader material. I know Penny is the 'wong' house for that to occur
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on February 08, 2022, 11:54:51 AM
"as an Aboriginal woman"  am I missing something?  :o

Labor does have some awesome women in their group, I am a real fan of Tanya Plibersek, Penny Wong, Anne Aly, Linda Burney and to some extent Kristina Keneally

I reckon either Tanya or Penny are leader material. I know Penny is the 'wong' house for that to occur

None of them are running in my electorate.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

meha

and with that Steve you raise what I think is the most important point.

Each of us may support Labor, Liberals, the Greens or whatever party floats your boat however, ultimately to me it comes down to who my local member actually will be. Yes I look at what the national policy will be however, given that I live in regional Tasmania we rarely have much in the way of policy announcement that will directly, or indirectly affect me.

I do not live in Western Sydney or the suburbs of Melbourne or Brisbane where it seems like all the policies are targeted at.

Trevor

I live in a blue ribbon Lib or Nat seat, this year I am voting Independent.  I know the bloke running and he would make an awesome local member

PHARK IT!!!!!

meha

I am supposedly in a marginal seat. The current member has been in for two terms and I have never seen him once, the only time I hear from him is the annual mail that gets dropped to everyone. The Labor member is a current councilor who does nothing and frankly is no better than what we have, The Green's have never been a starter for me so I am left with an Lambie candidate or an independent. One of them will likely end up with my vote but it may well be the one that I can't stand the least than the one who I think will be a good member of parliament.   

madbugger

Quote from: meha on February 09, 2022, 04:20:21 PM
. . . . but it may well be the one that I can't stand the least than the one who I think will be a good member of parliament.

And that is where a lot of people, myself included, now fall. I used to vote for the party, regardless of the candidate, the last 2 federal elections have been more about who will do the least amount of damage should they get in.

New Candidates are winning because the incumbent is being voted out rather than new candidate being voted in

A really sad state of affairs for Australian politics.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

I don't think it is just Australia, look at the UK, USA and several other places, hell they even had a hard time getting a new Chancellor for Germany

PHARK IT!!!!!

madbugger

Quote from: Trevor on February 09, 2022, 11:34:28 AM
I live in a blue ribbon Lib or Nat seat, this year I am voting Independent.  I know the bloke running and he would make an awesome local member

Which raises another problem with Australian politics. Independent members are relatively ineffective unless they hold the balance of power. I live in Indi, which has had an independent for the last 3 terms. Previously it was a very safe Liberal seat which was so safe the leadership decided they needed to spend very little money in the seat as it was unnecessary.

Now they spend even less. They will announce major funding packages as an election draws near, which are usually dependant on the seat being returned to the Libs, if an independent gets in the funds dry up or are withheld.

Having said that, the 2 independents we have had for the last 3 terms are very much like empty vessels, they make a lot of noise but achieve nothing while blaming others for their failure to achieve something
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

Quote from: madbugger on February 10, 2022, 07:42:27 AM
Which raises another problem with Australian politics. Independent members are relatively ineffective unless they hold the balance of power. I live in Indi, which has had an independent for the last 3 terms. Previously it was a very safe Liberal seat which was so safe the leadership decided they needed to spend very little money in the seat as it was unnecessary.

Now they spend even less. They will announce major funding packages as an election draws near, which are usually dependant on the seat being returned to the Libs, if an independent gets in the funds dry up or are withheld.

Having said that, the 2 independents we have had for the last 3 terms are very much like empty vessels, they make a lot of noise but achieve nothing while blaming others for their failure to achieve something
but you have to happy Sophie has gone surely.  I thought the first term of Cathy was OK as she had some power.  The way she ran her initial election run set a standard by which our blue ribbon State seat went to an Independent.

We have been putting up with zero funding State and Federally for years - **** blue ribbon seats

I am in the neighbouring electorate of Nicholls. Looks like our sitting NP member has decided to pull the pin - I hope he ****s off back over to the West to continue his footy coaching - he did **** all for us

PHARK IT!!!!!

madbugger

Quote from: Trevor on February 10, 2022, 10:57:32 AM

but you have to happy Sophie has gone surely.  I thought the first term of Cathy was OK as she had some power.  The way she ran her initial election run set a standard by which our blue ribbon State seat went to an Independent.

We have been putting up with zero funding State and Federally for years - **** blue ribbon seats

I am in the neighbouring electorate of Nicholls. Looks like our sitting NP member has decided to pull the pin - I hope he ****s off back over to the West to continue his footy coaching - he did **** all for us

At least Sophie was able to achieve some things for the electorate, Kathy was about as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike, and now Helen is even more ineffective.

Trevor

Just when I thought journalism is at an all time low, along comes 60 Minutes in what must be a Liberal Party paid advert to show the Prime Minister acting like a human - this would have to be the biggest PR bull-hsit of all time

PHARK IT!!!!!

Alan59

Quote from: madbugger on February 10, 2022, 07:17:25 PM

At least Sophie was able to achieve some things for the electorate, Kathy was about as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike, and now Helen is even more ineffective.
You mean she was able to get you a ride on the pork barrel train?Although that is the way things have run for a long time it shows the pressing need for an anti corruption commission.
Whoever the local member is has no bearing on the needs of the electorate which should be the only basis funding is decided on.

madbugger

Quote from: Alan59 on February 22, 2022, 07:44:16 PM
Quote from: madbugger on February 10, 2022, 07:17:25 PM

You mean she was able to get you a ride on the pork barrel train?Although that is the way things have run for a long time it shows the pressing need for an anti corruption commission.
Whoever the local member is has no bearing on the needs of the electorate which should be the only basis funding is decided on.

Nope, that is not what I meant at all

Trevor

I see Media Watch did a bit on the outrageous slur by SloMo in Parliament against Albanese and Marles, even Andrew Bolt slammed SlowMo

See here:
https://fb.watch/bkVR2RyixJ/

PHARK IT!!!!!