News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Applauds & Smites

Started by mikeamerica84, May 09, 2022, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I agree, but some aren't treating it light-hearted

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on September 01, 2022, 07:40:37 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on September 01, 2022, 11:59:50 AM
Just curious. Do V8C members bookmark my posts or do you actively search for my posts to click on the smite?  I only ask as I've gone up 50+ despite not posting in any active topic for a few weeks.  Nice to know I play in your head that one of your daily chores is to find an old post of mine just to smite it. .

I think you are misinterpeting the smite system. It is fuelled by the number of readers of that post, not the number of times that one actually posts. There are many more views of posts than posts made. Some members may not visit or read for weeks at a time.Take this thread for example. It currenty has 48 Replies and 1571 Views.  Yet you have a mere 436 smites, and that is the result of many other threads and many more reads.

Personally, I think the smite system is rubbish.
But you seem to care about it, possibly due to low self esteem and the need to be applauded.

Although I don't like the system, I can easily understand that a lot of members get pissed off with some of the crap posted. The quoted post and REM's following are good examples of crap.

I just might be tempted to commence to smite someone. ;D

Much better, the string needs to be locked.

Oh dear another one that thinks they know better.

I don't care about the numbers.  I'm curious how many waste their time searching for old, buried posts just to increase them, what surely seems out of spite.

Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Ospif1 on September 03, 2022, 06:05:16 PM
Quote from: Trevor on September 02, 2022, 07:10:45 AM
well said LG

Personally, I just find it amusing that I get 'smited' so much.  In other words I couldn't give a flying ****
It's pretty funny watching people get so worked up over something so meaningless which is supposed to be light hearted.

Even more comical watching you precious red boys jacking up the numbers of something so meaningless.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on September 04, 2022, 09:06:02 AM
well said LG

Personally, I just find it amusing that I get 'smited' so much.  In other words I couldn't give a flying ****
It's pretty funny watching people get so worked up over something so meaningless which is supposed to be light hearted.

Even more comical watching you precious red boys jacking up the numbers of something so meaningless.

an interesting accusation... what actual facts do you have to back this claim up?

seriously, if somebody clicking a meaningless button on an anonymous webpage bugs then perhaps a re-evaluation is in order?

supposed to be a bunch of adults in here, not 12 year olds. let's lift our game folks!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on September 04, 2022, 04:46:54 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on September 04, 2022, 09:06:02 AM
well said LG

an interesting accusation... what actual facts do you have to back this claim up?

seriously, if somebody clicking a meaningless button on an anonymous webpage bugs then perhaps a re-evaluation is in order?

supposed to be a bunch of adults in here, not 12 year olds. let's lift our game folks!

The fact that I can see who's online when my numbers go up.

It also doesn't take a genius to notice the blue fans have a disproportionate amount of smites compared to the red babies applauds.

It doesn't bug me. It is quite amusing seeing those that pretent to be the mature adults are the same ones going out of their way to dig out an old post to smite it.

As I said before. I thank Laser for having the Karma feature installed.  It has flushed out the hypocrites.
Ford Faithful

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

REM

Hey Trev, you got 351 smites......very, very cool!!

madbugger

Quote from: REM on September 06, 2022, 06:34:51 PM

someone "stroked" him out to 352 ;D

Trevor

353 - must have upset some holden blokes seeing that magnificent big 3 5 1

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on September 07, 2022, 04:25:54 AM

really need to work yourself up to a big block :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

madbugger

Quote from: Sonic on September 07, 2022, 08:36:33 AM
Quote from: Trevor on September 07, 2022, 04:25:54 AM

really need to work yourself up to a big block :)

So what is the target? 427, 428 or 429? ;D

REM

Quote from: madbugger on September 06, 2022, 09:24:41 PM

someone "stroked" him out to 352 ;D
spoli- sport!  ;)

Trevor

351 was the number on the race car. If we did a 6 hour event and shared the driving my son rann351 and I ran 35