News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Is it too early to talk about Bathurst? (possible spoilers in the future)

Started by Yamarocket630, June 10, 2022, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Chaz would've had Brodie there anyway.
Question has to be asked though - should Chaz have been off the throttle under SC? Or was the recovery vehicle not meant to be there?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Ospif1

Quote from: skaifeman on October 09, 2022, 05:17:08 PM
Question has to be asked though - should Chaz have been off the throttle under SC? Or was the recovery vehicle not meant to be there?
whole situation seems really dangerous actually. Should never have recovery vehicles in front of cars going full tilt

Ospif1

Well done to the 97 and holden. Perfect way to end that era and with the best driver racing in this country.

Joe5619

skaifeman

Best three cars over the weekend. Still waiting to hear what happened to Davo.
Waters/Moffat should've been proper in the mix and not needing to chase if not spun. Moffat still makes me nervous whenever he's in the car.
Mostert or SVG deserved the win. Both a cut above in the final stint. GT was the class of the co-drivers.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Joe5619

I'm surprised Brodie didn't get a penalty for turning Moff around.. That one seemed pretty clear cut to me, 100% a penalty

AlbertM

Quote from: skaifeman on October 09, 2022, 06:18:50 PM
Waters/Moffat should've been proper in the mix and not needing to chase if not spun. Moffat still makes me nervous whenever he's in the car.
Mostert or SVG deserved the win. Both a cut above in the final stint. GT was the class of the co-drivers.

I'll just quote instead of repeating it.

17 had gearbox failure.
Ford Faithful

hsv8fan

Quote from: AlbertM on October 09, 2022, 06:44:52 PM

17 had gearbox failure.

Who was the quote from? The commentators guess?

murph_fan51

Quote from: Ospif1 on October 09, 2022, 05:18:13 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on October 09, 2022, 05:17:08 PM
whole situation seems really dangerous actually. Should never have recovery vehicles in front of cars going full tilt
There was clearly an unintentional error in the deployment of the rescue vehicle.

We'll done to T8, Shane and Garth and Holden to win the race.

Great to see Holden win their final Bathurst  :)
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Quote from: hsv8fan on October 09, 2022, 07:03:03 PM

17 had gearbox failure.

Who was the quote from? The commentators guess?

Sorry. I'm quoting skaifeman as his comments parallels mine on the race.

Supercars website reported gear failure for Davo.
Ford Faithful

Wrighty05

Fitting end at Bathurst for Holden going out with a win.

Wasn't a bad race, but hopefully Gen3 enables cars to follow closely. Too hard to overtake.

Brazen

Quote from: Wrighty05 on October 09, 2022, 08:47:12 PM
Fitting end at Bathurst for Holden going out with a win.

Wasn't a bad race, but hopefully Gen3 enables cars to follow closely. Too hard to overtake.

It's super important that Gen 3 works... if it does the 1000 will be pretty epic I think

Wrighty05

17 had gearbox failure.

Nah Will admitted to a mistake.

skaifeman

Will looks to have said it was his error. It definitely sounded like something broke before the rear locked up on the telecast:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/10/09/davison-gutted-after-crashing-out-of-bathurst-1000/

The intro of Gen3 should shake things up at this track for next year. It's basically been the same three teams on the podium since 2020. 888, WAU and Tickford have this place figured out.

Dasha

As a ford fan I have to say that I am gutted I dont know what it is about Bathurst, the mustangs can do some quick laps during practice etc but just don't seem to be able to mix it with the Commodores at the pointy end.
I am not trying to make any excuses at all the Commodores won it fair & square, better drivers & co drivers & where able to stay out of trouble. 
To be totally honest as a Ford fan I feel very frustrated & disappointed.