News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Hidden Valley **Spoliers**

Started by skaifeman, June 17, 2022, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

To keep the spoliers tradition going 8) 8).

Mostert tops P1 with Fullwood in the wall.
Brown P2 and JC P3.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/06/17/fullwood-finds-the-wall-in-first-supercars-practice/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

V8SuperRiley

Good to see a broken spoiler in the spoilers section.. ;D

LG

And Mostert disqualified from P2 as he was underinflated...  :)

Ospif1

The latest conspiracy doing the rounds is that the tyre pressure rule has been introduced specifically to hurt Ford teams in favour of T8. 

REM

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on June 17, 2022, 04:08:05 PM
Good to see a broken spoiler in the spoilers section.. ;D

"spoliers".....! Don't be a spoli sport!! ;)

Sonic

did I hear right that JC also found the fence through the day?

anything of interest happen? just had audio in the background and it seems the bikes were having issues staying upright?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

Quote from: Ospif1 on June 17, 2022, 06:24:16 PM
The latest conspiracy doing the rounds is that the tyre pressure rule has been introduced specifically to hurt Ford teams in favour of T8.

Why else would they introduce something!

Disqualification from practice is hilarious! They don't lose points or anything worth losing and they still gain a crapload of data.

Bloopy

I think they've used practice times to decide who goes in which qualifying session or something like that before. I guess in very rare cases practice times could be used to set the grid if qualifying gets completely cancelled for some reason.

TheArrow

Quote from: Bloopy on June 18, 2022, 01:09:14 AM
I think they've used practice times to decide who goes in which qualifying session or something like that before. I guess in very rare cases practice times could be used to set the grid if qualifying gets completely cancelled for some reason.

This is why he would have been disqualified. If some unforeseen event occurs and they're unable to run Qualifying they will generally use either a combination of P1 and P2 times or the most recent ended session.

I had a quick look through the Sporting Manual but couldn't find any specific mention of what they do in this situation which is a bit concerning that there is no definitive rule in place. Even for an event so rare.

REM

I really don't think that too many Fordies follow the series that much anymore.....you might get  a bite though? ;)

Hey did you hear that Ford has over 19'000 backorders for the new Ranger and Everest locally- I think that level of demand is completely unrivalled in this country hey! What a great success story for the local Ford engineering crew hey..... ;)

Joe5619

Good lord!!

Ospif1

Nice to see DJR back winning and with a solid team performance.  T8 threw strategy at them but Antons avg pace was too good.

Davo needs to learn that to win you need to get your elbows out sometimes.

Joe5619

I really thought DJR stuffed it up, when the both pitted before Giz... But good win for DJR.

And a 6th of Frosty makes me happy (& just a little sad that I think 6th is good!!)

REM

Good to see Davo resist SVG.....unlike Chaz....how soft was he! Better step up when he is back in a Stang in 2023....none of this bend over for SVG stuff will do next year....Cam, Will and ADP can muscle up...

Chaz to be disqualified? See where it goes....