News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Will Davidson 2023 season

Started by Dasha, June 18, 2022, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasha

Just watching the qualifying at Hidden Valley & Wills Poll lap in the # 17 Mustang was very impressing.
So made me think what plans DJR have for the # 17 seat in 2023.
In my opinion he has proven he can still win races & who would you replace him with ?
My personal opinion is that I believe he has the goods to keep the # 17 in 2023.

Whats your opinion ?   

Joe5619

I've been impressed by Davidson this year, I thought Anton was going to smash him, but that hasn't happened..

Surely DJR will resign him, it a no brainer.

stevo qld

Without mentioning any possible spoiler from NT:

IMHO, Will Davison (not Davidson) is, by a clear margin, the absolute best driver not on contract for 2023.

In fact, I place him securely in the top 5 drivers in the field, arguably top 3.

How could DJR not sign him to a multi year contract?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

He's 40...how long would you sign him for?

stevo qld

Quote from: REM on June 18, 2022, 05:32:52 PM

At least 2 years. There is no driver even close to him that is off contract in 2023 or 2024.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Who is this Will Davidson you and Larko refer to  :P

It seems he's very much worthy of keeping the 17 seat.
On the other hand, FC too was a handy steerer but got dropped. So we could see WD get dropped for another potential future champion driver like Anton.
debris debris debris

REM

Hope Wil D can keep this form up.....they need to keep him on a year by year contract so he keeps driving out of his skin....

How much of a contrast to his ol mate Frosty hey....

madbugger

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 18, 2022, 04:47:14 PM

Surely DJR will resign him, it a no brainer.

I think Will would much rather that they re sign him, not sure he wants to be resigned.  😜
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Zac

He's sounding almost resigned to not being re-signed.

Dasha

Quote from: stevo qld on June 18, 2022, 06:33:42 PM
Quote from: REM on June 18, 2022, 05:32:52 PM

At least 2 years. There is no driver even close to him that is off contract in 2023 or 2024.
Yes I agree, I think a two year contract would be a good move.
He has shown that he can still compete at the top level.
Just going off topic, I would love to see him win Bathurst in the # 17 Mustang, just hope they can give him a top level co driver.

REM

It's a really tough one! He stood up so well to SVG the past round or two....while you might sign Brown for the future, he is realistically 3-4 years away from Davo's current results......

Wrighty05

They're looking at a younger Will apparently

V8SuperRiley

I think that Davison has done more than enough to keep his seat.

I'd put him on a 2 year contract, with an endurance drive after those 2 years.

Will brown would be a really good pick up, but I don't think he's ready just yet.

Troy01505

If DJR are out poaching drivers you'd imagine it's for his seat unless Anton is jumping ship to WAU or Grove.

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on June 20, 2022, 06:13:30 PM
It's a really tough one! He stood up so well to SVG the past round or two....while you might sign Brown for the future, he is realistically 3-4 years away from Davo's current results......

With a timeline like that, Stevo is probably right. Re-sign Davo for 2 more years, then bring Brown in.
If DJR are still at the top of their game in 2 years time, they can likely get anyone they want anyway... they're in a similar position to 888.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977