News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The Bend Supersprint - Spoilers possible

Started by Trevor, July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggle Piggle

Holden taking out the Manufacturer's Championship in the final year in which the marque competes.

AlbertM

Holden don't exist. The marque was pulled down and packed away two years ago.
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: Westfield on July 31, 2022, 05:26:07 PM
I never though Paul Morris was effective as a competitor, but I find it amazing how many good, young racers have been through the Norwell training. It is even more obvious when it rains.....

Think Morris was to hot headed to reach his full potential but he certainly has an eye for talent and has helped some future superstars.

Feeny must be the new Mr Consistent, hopefully the let unleash his inner beast next year.

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: AlbertM on July 31, 2022, 07:36:07 PM

Yes, however the ZB Commodore racecars are still recognised by the Supercars category as Holdens, and Supercars themselves say Holden have clinched the Manufacturer's Championship.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/holden-clinches-2022-manufacturers-title/

The Holden marque may have been retired the other year but does not mean the ZBs are not Holdens.

They stopped making Ford Falcons in 2016.  Does that mean Falcon did not win a championship in 2018?

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM
Who is going, who is going to win, does anyone care if SVG wins?
so, does anyone care if SVG wins?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

Trevor

Quote from: Troy01505 on August 01, 2022, 07:25:12 AM
Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2022, 05:28:21 AM

Nope
I'm glad it is not just me then - just don't like the bloke

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

why is the teams championship over? still rounds to go? and only a small gap.

REM

Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2022, 05:28:21 AM

So easy to switch off these days....

Best's pole was the weekend highlight......ZB's are just way, way too strong...

Bathurst will be 25 versus 97.....

Trevor

Quote from: REM on August 01, 2022, 08:17:33 AM

I did for the most part, I did all my chores and 'borrowed' my sons Kayo login and watched the last race yesterday arvo, turned off with about 5 laps to go, there was something more interesting to do outside, pick up dogsh!t  ;D

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 01, 2022, 08:04:40 AM

there are not enough rounds left for ford to overhaul holden.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on July 31, 2022, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on July 31, 2022, 07:36:07 PM

Yes, however the ZB Commodore racecars are still recognised by the Supercars category as Holdens, and Supercars themselves say Holden have clinched the Manufacturer's Championship.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/holden-clinches-2022-manufacturers-title/

The Holden marque may have been retired the other year but does not mean the ZBs are not Holdens.

They stopped making Ford Falcons in 2016.  Does that mean Falcon did not win a championship in 2018?
That's right, the marque is gone. Therefore it can not compete. I never said the ZB were not Holdens. Supercars has to play up the manufacturers trophy to keep have the Holden troglodytes happy.

And bad comparison with Falcon. Ford still exists, Falcons are still being raced.
Ford Faithful

REM

Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2022, 08:26:36 AM
Quote from: REM on August 01, 2022, 08:17:33 AM

I did for the most part, I did all my chores and 'borrowed' my sons Kayo login and watched the last race yesterday arvo, turned off with about 5 laps to go, there was something more interesting to do outside, pick up dogsh!t  ;D

It used to be so exciting, SVG versus Scotty was balls to the wall great stuff.....it's all just so just bland and predictable now.....anyways....

skaifeman

Quote from: fordman on August 01, 2022, 08:04:40 AM

Manufacturers (refer Albert's comment) Championship, not Teams Championship.

Glad to see both Andre and Randle avoided serious injuries, testament to the safety of these things, which lately have really proven themselves.
Shame that Mostert knocked Davo off, both had pace to challenge for the podium. Chaz put his hand up afterwards too (it was pretty clear), despite what was otherwise a great drive.

Brodie Kostecki always impresses in the rain - and when you compare that to his cousin over in the fantastic Tickford car...
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trevor

Jesus Christ, I get sick of listening to Skaife dry-hump SVG's leg, bleating on about how great he is in the rain

PHARK IT!!!!!