News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The Bend Supersprint - Spoilers possible

Started by Trevor, July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Please tell me what roles Skaife ad Crompton have with Supercars TV and don't just say 'they just talk to the screens'
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

skaifeman

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 12:00:15 PM
Please tell me what roles Skaife ad Crompton have with Supercars TV and don't just say 'they just talk to the screens'

Let's stop beating around the bush. If you know something, say so. Otherwise my question is still left unanswered:

Quote from: skaifeman on August 02, 2022, 11:37:35 AM
Do you really think the "commentators" (a) make the decision to cut to a scene and (b) for the purpose to penalise?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Bloopy

There's been a few really noticeable moments lately where the commentators (and us viewers) are getting excited about a bit of action that's about to unfold, and then the coverage cuts away to another part of the circuit. So whoever does make those decisions could do with listening to the commentators more.

Alan59

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 12:00:15 PM
They both hold executive positions with Supercars on committees.They are both pathetic as commentators and just sprout pr marketing.They are never remotely critical of anything.
Skaife has always been close to the worlds worst motor racing commentator.He has a total vocabulary of about 6 cliched phrases.
Crompton was good once upon a time but long ago passed over to the world of hyperbole and fence sitting.In his book he actually wrote that he gave an opinion on something at Winton about 20 years ago that upset a few people and has been careful to never say anything controversial since.Pathetic.
The standard of commentary in Australian motor sport is terrible.Marketing disguised as journalism.

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 09:54:18 AMThanks Mike, yes those in the 'tower of power' rely on the TV coverage, next time these nay-sayers watch and they cross to the 'tower of power' have a look at how many TV screens are in there

Why do they have so many TVs?  There is only one telecast, so according to you they only need one TV.  ???

murph_fan51

Another BJR car destroyed, gotta feel for Bradley  :'(
debris debris debris

Trevor

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 02, 2022, 05:07:41 PM
Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 09:54:18 AMThanks Mike, yes those in the 'tower of power' rely on the TV coverage, next time these nay-sayers watch and they cross to the 'tower of power' have a look at how many TV screens are in there

Why do they have so many TVs?  There is only one telecast, so according to you they only need one TV.  ???
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

I am sorry if I am critical of your gods, but seriously get your head out of your arse and look around.  This circus is 'made for TV' nothing more

As I said I have been an insider so probably know a little more than the casual observer

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

it is pleasant to see that someone on another forum thinks like I do

Quote from: GT450That Pr**k Skaife did his best to get him a penalty at the start line thankfully the stewards responded with a no case to answer in a timely fashion. His bias continually raises its head , at lease Larko comes straight out and admits it and lauds good driving from any driver.

PHARK IT!!!!!

djr18fan

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on August 02, 2022, 11:12:10 AM
Quote from: djr18fan on August 02, 2022, 10:32:47 AM

I was hoping whoever turned Davison around was going to get penalised. I don't recall seeing a replay of that. Perhaps cameras weren't aimed at the back of the field.

If we're talking the second race, I believe it was ruled a racing incident, Davo was as much to blame as Best in that one. We did get replays of it also.
The DJR race report attributes more blame to Best. But they may be biased!

Twas a good drive up to 13th from the back anyway.
"Davison was unlucky to be turned around by Zak Best at the restart and dropped back to P24 after an excellent restart."

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 05:56:50 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on August 01, 2022, 04:17:45 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 10:34:25 AM
Quote from: REM on August 01, 2022, 09:13:55 AM
Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2022, 08:26:36 AM
Quote from: REM on August 01, 2022, 08:17:33 AM
So easy to switch off these days....

Best's pole was the weekend highlight......ZB's are just way, way too strong...

Bathurst will be 25 versus 97.....
I did for the most part, I did all my chores and 'borrowed' my sons Kayo login and watched the last race yesterday arvo, turned off with about 5 laps to go, there was something more interesting to do outside, pick up dogsh!t  ;D

It used to be so exciting, SVG versus Scotty was balls to the wall great stuff.....it's all just so just bland and predictable now.....anyways....

SVG is in a league of his own. He has the right car that has speed in reserve if needed.

Going into The Bend. A track that has been kind to the Mustang.  Everyone thought we're in for a humdinger of a round. The title race might even get closer.  Trevor started the thread  Troy called it 1-2 for Ford. The telecast played up Ford's chances. Zac Best's pole position made it look like we're in for some good racing.  In the end nothing changed.

SVG will eclipse Scotty's race wins in a season. Back then it was to the detrimental to the sport. Something had to be done to improve the racing. But now...
And they used the EXACT same cars as last year!!
And..? What point are you trying to make?
That yet again you are crying parity because Giz won 3 races on the weekend... But the same cars & drivers 12 months earlier had 3 ford wins... Couldn't  be more parity if they tried!

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 05:42:27 PM

Low form of intelligence is not knowing what sarcasm actually is.  Even lower is incorrectly accusing someone of sarcasm when you don't actually understand what sarcasm is.  You quoted me asking a question - a question you did not answer...why so many TVs if they just watch the telecast?

I am sorry if I am critical of your gods, but seriously get your head out of your arse and look around.  This circus is 'made for TV' nothing more

As I said I have been an insider so probably know a little more than the casual observer

As an insider, please tell us what is on the other screens in race control.

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 05:44:52 PM
it is pleasant to see that someone on another forum thinks like I do

Quote from: GT450That Pr**k Skaife did his best to get him a penalty at the start line thankfully the stewards responded with a no case to answer in a timely fashion. His bias continually raises its head , at lease Larko comes straight out and admits it and lauds good driving from any driver.

Without knowing let me have a guess - Ford Forums?  Or XR6 Forums?

On all those screens in race control, do they actually listen to the commentary?  Do they actually have the telecast volume up and are actually actively listening to what Skaife and Crompton say?

Give us the "inside" word.

skaifeman

And yet you give no more insight or evidence than the casual observer.

Your post wasn't being critical. Alan was being critical, and I agree with everything he says. The commentators (whoever they are) toe the Supercars line almost exlusively, there's never any real reporting.
Your post places the commentators as perpetrators trying to dish out penalties, and then you further support this by the additional post you quoted from elsewhere.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Iggle Piggle

lol at Trev thinking his opinion is valid because some other random on the internet agrees with his point of view...you can find a huge amount of flat Earthers out there too.  Probably find more people believing Earth is flat than you could find that think Skaife and Crompton are the ones producing the telecast and queuing up the replays while race control sit there watching only the telecast listening to the commentary.

lol again - found that post he quoted...it was Ford Forums.  4 other members of Ford Forums liked that post.

That is less than half the amount of likes this post got: https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpost.php?p=6680226&postcount=33

stevo qld

The commentators must try to explain, in simple terms for the non-insider or infrequent viewer, just like in cricket or gymnastics or curling or whatever.

There are always people viewing who already know the rules and it is easy to be critical if the announcers cater to the wider viewing public.

I have even watched races with others who could not tell the Holden from the Ford, not helped by the liveries, but they did enjoy the racing. I have noticed that they are often more interested in the drivers rather than the make of cars they drive.

The best thing for the highly educated viewer is to turn the sound off and provide self commentary to the very high standard one expects.

There are a lot of cameras taking action at the same time and the director or such person cuts from camera to camera to get the best action, and has to make split second live broadcast decisions on the fly. They do a pretty good job, even if I was unhappy with the subsequently edited highlights which cut the start and first lap.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!