News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Sun, Surf and No Rain. Gold Coast ##Spoilers##

Started by LG, October 27, 2022, 10:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetonFan

There's now been a red flag in the Sunday races in Rounds 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12!

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Sonic

disgraceful that after having written so many cars off over so many different incidents MA persists and causing so much damage they still do this... the cars have sensors and that is all that is required.

remove the tyre bundles and Golding may have hit the wall but I reckon everyone else would have got through. but I doubt he would have as he wouldn't have hit the bundle either and could have straight lined the second chicane... take a penalty for that and everyone gets to play on

man I hate street circuits
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Joe5619

Given the sensors, God only knows why they put the tyres there.. Hopefully this accident is the last time we see them.

Troy01505

Quote from: TheArrow on October 30, 2022, 01:10:20 PM
Surely the rest of the field has stopped developing their cars before Gen3... Dunno how he has managed to smash everyone so easily the last few events.

Spot on. Triple 8 have their package and it works, others are saving for next year I'd say. Most of the other teams are probably tapped out due to repair bills skyrocketing this season. I highly doubt they'd have much left to gain the 1/10 needed

GASMAN

Totally lopsided series that's placated to one team and one manufacturer and I'm glad I've not watched a lap of it
Honestly why would one bother.And you guys are quite delusional citing funds and saving the bucks for next year.Look at the results - they were a foregone conclusion three years ago

Westfield

Didn't go, even though I live on the Gold Coast. Foxtel (or Kayo) does a very good job.
Seems that wisdom comes with age. Why can't they show driving and set up skills and still drive on the racing surface?

stevo qld

Right from the start of the telecasts, Supercars showed previous crashes at almost every stage, including specific feature pieces.

Maybe Supercars see the incident as a future promotion enhancement tool.

Maybe that is why they persist with that crazy design chicane and tyre bundles.

I would also like to see the raised curbs replaced with level painted boundaries to cut down on the dangerous two wheeling whereby drivers have no directional control if an incident occurs in front of them.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Iggle Piggle

With 88 crashing out early I though the Teams Championship would be decided in Adelaide, but now with Anton DSQ from today's race due to team fitting a tyre under the minimum 17psi, Red Bull have got it sewn up.

DJR really have made a lot of mistakes in the pits this season.  I get that development has probably stymied with Roger's dollars gone but would have thought most of the pit personnel would be the same and just as drilled as recent years.  Not all of the time/position/points that DJR lost in pits this year is straight-out bad-luck like a jammed gun; a lot of it has been straight out human errors.

murph_fan51

Quote from: Joe5619 on October 30, 2022, 05:57:39 PM
Given the sensors, God only knows why they put the tyres there.. Hopefully this accident is the last time we see them.
There must be some reason. With the drivers sitting so low in the car, are the tyre bundles meant help with their vision of the chicane?

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/de-pasquale-disqualified-from-gold-coast-finale/
debris debris debris

Trevor

LG

Quote from: Trevor on October 30, 2022, 08:53:21 PM
Why was Anton disqualified

One tyre in his last pit stop was below the minimum pressure.

Sonic

Sonic

"Van Gisbergen matched van Gisbergen's career wins tally of 56 earlier this year, but has since moved on to 75." - from https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/van-gisbergen-answers-mclaughlins-burnout-plea/

umm....

Joe5619

Quote from: GASMAN on October 30, 2022, 07:40:18 PM
Totally lopsided series that's placated to one team and one manufacturer and I'm glad I've not watched a lap of it
Honestly why would one bother.And you guys are quite delusional citing funds and saving the bucks for next year.Look at the results - they were a foregone conclusion three years ago
If you didn't watch the race, don't comment!