News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 Calendar

Started by skaifeman, November 23, 2022, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Funny though, how Winton ALWAYS brings up unexpected winners, but I suppose that is bad for the sport ??? ::) :P

LG

Quote from: Trevor on November 27, 2022, 12:40:15 PM
Funny though, how Winton ALWAYS brings up unexpected winners, but I suppose that is bad for the sport ??? ::) :P

You can't have underfunded teams or backmarker drivers showing up the elite now, can you?  :)  :)  :)

djr18fan

Which winner was unexpected this year?
Waters? Or SVG?

Trevor

One year doesn't make history. Were you in long pants and out of primary school when a Nissan won there, just one example

Bloopy

Well you did write 'always' in all caps. Why not just say sometimes like I did?

Quote from: Bloopy on November 27, 2022, 10:32:28 AM
But Winton throws up some interesting results sometimes as even the top teams find it hard to setup for.

Alan59

Quote from: Trevor on November 26, 2022, 09:51:03 AM
It is just Supercars screwing over permanent tracks, coz they don't meet their holier than tho attitude
It will he to their detriment when the permanent tracks are needed again andc Suprrcars are told **** off
I agree with sentiment but this has been said and written continuously since 1997.Yet 25 years later here we are and Supercars are still able to bleed state governments for money to run street races and even circuit owners who build state of the art circuits or who buy circuits and get them up to spec and are even team owners are either passed over or left hanging on an annual basis.

djr18fan

Quote from: Trevor on November 27, 2022, 01:43:47 PM
One year doesn't make history. Were you in long pants and out of primary school when a Nissan won there, just one example

You're claiming that was due to the track?

Queensland raceways the most boring track IMO. Not sorry to see street races ahead of that one. Hopefully Quinn turns it into something more interesting.

Trevor

where else did Nissan win?

stevo qld

Quote from: djr18fan on November 27, 2022, 01:34:41 PM
Which winner was unexpected this year?
Waters? Or SVG?

Any time that Waters wins is unexpected by me.  :P
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

Quote from: Trevor on November 27, 2022, 06:13:39 PM
where else did Nissan win?
Hidden Valley. With the same fuel as everyone else.

Trevor

So you find it unusual for Nissans to win,

skaifeman

Quote from: LG on November 27, 2022, 01:09:20 PM

You can't have underfunded teams or backmarker drivers showing up the elite now, can you?  :)  :)  :)

To be fair, Winton is often one of the rounds to cop an odd tyre rule which usually means different winners over the weekend.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trevor

Skaife hates Winton as he never won there in a (V8) Supercar, and he has a fair bit of pull with Supercars management

murph_fan51

Quote from: Trevor on November 28, 2022, 04:51:11 PM
Skaife hates Winton as he never won there in a (V8) Supercar, and he has a fair bit of pull with Supercars management
I'm sure Mr Skaife would love to travel to as many all expenses paid rounds as possible  ;D
debris debris debris

Trevor

but only places like The Bend, Bathurst, Adelaide, Newcaste & Townsville, particularly Newcastle and Townsville as he was instrumental in the design of the tracks