News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 2 - AGP Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 29, 2023, 01:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Quote from: AlbertM on March 31, 2023, 01:30:29 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on March 30, 2023, 11:59:24 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on March 30, 2023, 10:51:04 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on March 30, 2023, 06:41:24 PM
Any other driver would have wrote it off.

Every other driver (except Slade) managed to keep it off the wall in the first place.  ;D

Every other driver has not crossed the line 1st in ,3 from 3 races this year either.

Every other team at least had legal cars for on of the 3 😁  ;D

You've given it the commentators curse: https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/hazelwood-disqualified-from-race-3-qualifying/
:D

Race 4 started by a flag drop! Will Brown went as soon as the wrist moved - hes obviously done his fair share of amateur racing! Well played. I do the same at the Bathurst SuperSprint.
What's the minimum race distance again? It's due to end in 5mins and we've completed 3 laps.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

SetonFan

I enjoy Supercars at the AGP but they need to seriously consider withdrawing from the event if F2/F3 continue to eat up the schedule

madbugger

see what happens when a driver doesn't just pull over and let SVG just sail on past.

A lot of drivers could take a leaf out of Will Browns book.  SVG from 2nd to 6th in 3 corners, great to see
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 03:31:32 PM
see what happens when a driver doesn't just pull over and let SVG just sail on past.

A lot of drivers could take a leaf out of Will Browns book.  SVG from 2nd to 6th in 3 corners, great to see

Kostecki doesn't take anything either, and you just know JC in behind won't roll over. Great racing!

I'm not sure anyone knows what's going on in this race - the commentators certainly don't.
Sleuth or Speedcafe are going to have to write an article to unravel this.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Joe5619

Why the **** do we bother going here??? Just leave this event to F1's & stay at home!

madbugger

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:36:08 PM
Why the **** do we bother going here??? Just leave this event to F1's & stay at home!

I'm loving it. Supercars getting a taste of their own medicine. Now they might feel the pain that support categories get at their events.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Joe5619

Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 03:38:51 PM

I'm loving it. Supercars getting a taste of their own medicine. Now they might feel the pain that support categories get at their events.
I have no problems with support categories getting cut.. They are there to support & the race program must be written to the main event.. I just don't think Supercars needs to be a support category..

SetonFan

They would have been better off taking the twilight slot again like they used to at least - so that they can race into the night if needed

billybanana

That was a joke. Not worthy of championship status.

Kytabu

Have a feeling this won't be the final podium; it looked like Courtney hit the back of Waters into Turn 1 and caused the incident with Reynolds.

I thought Jones and Frosty were on to something there but would need to read the pit window rules again. Although in the past an SC at the start has usually pushed the pit window further anyway.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Joe5619

Quote from: Kytabu on March 31, 2023, 03:45:42 PM
Have a feeling this won't be the final podium; it looked like Courtney hit the back of Waters into Turn 1 and caused the incident with Reynolds.

I thought Jones and Frosty were on to something there but would need to read the pit window rules again. Although in the past an SC at the start has usually pushed the pit window further anyway.
As a Frosty fan I'm glad it didn't work... I've waited a very very long time for another Frosty podium (And God willing a win) & I wouldn't want it that way..

It was shaping up as a great race, a shame about the delayed start & then 2 yellows... Maybe these gen3 cars will produce better racing after all..

skaifeman

Quote from: billybanana on March 31, 2023, 03:45:28 PM
That was a joke. Not worthy of championship status.

Borderline, you're right.
Since there's 4 races, they're only worth 75pts anyway - the least of any other race.

Was there also a safety car stuff up hidden amongst this?

madbugger

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:40:43 PM

I have no problems with support categories getting cut.. They are there to support & the race program must be written to the main event.. I just don't think Supercars needs to be a support category..

If the support categories keep getting screwed over and cut, they will eventually stop coming and where will that leave supercars? Pretty lonely as the only category or with such 💩 support categories that people stop going to events or cutting their expensive pay tv subscriptions.

The supports need to start being treated as partners and not an inconvenience to the main game..

fordman

Does a time certain race negate the 75% completed laps??? did they get to 75%?

Joe5619

Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:40:43 PM

If the support categories keep getting screwed over and cut, they will eventually stop coming and where will that leave supercars? Pretty lonely as the only category or with such 💩 support categories that people stop going to events or cutting their expensive pay tv subscriptions.

The supports need to start being treated as partners and not an inconvenience to the main game..
You're being saying that for 20+ years & the end didn't come!!

At the end of the day, there is only so may light hours in the day & if you dont have support categories stopped short, then they need to biuld bigger breaks (& less support categories) to each race meeting. Then you get people complaining not enough race time on track.. Can't have it both ways.. You either cut them short or have less of them with bigger gaps between race action for most of the time.. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of a story