News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Winton or Wintoff? (Spoilers)

Started by CP, May 27, 2021, 08:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetonFan

Quote from: Kytabu on July 01, 2021, 02:18:38 PM
Postponed again...I guess it will be right at the end of the season now with plenty of calendar space in October and November (if indeed it can go ahead at all).

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/07/01/supercars-postpones-winton-supersprint-again/

This seems to me that they don't think the Australian GP is happening/joining the calendar

murph_fan51

So we won't see this happen this year....stuck in mud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

Trevor

Quote from: murph_fan51 on July 01, 2021, 06:33:12 PM

So we won't see this happen this year....stuck in mud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was the the starter that year, the bloke who starts them and then waves the chequered flag, Skaife was stuck between 11 and 12 and Schencken's comments were very telling I can tell you, not about Ambrose but about Skaife

Iggle Piggle

What was Schenken saying about Skaife?

Trevor

That the recovery guys can leave him there

Iggle Piggle

Why did Skaife deserve to be left there?

skaifeman

Quote from: Trevor on July 02, 2021, 12:26:21 PM
That the recovery guys can leave him there(even though they could have got him from that spot), and he deserves everything he gets

There was another time when for some unknown reason they put the cars up in the old scrutiny bay instead of the normal pits.  Schencken came on the radio and said it will be great watching Skaife have to walk back to the V8SC pits and interact with fans (something he didn't like to do), but Skaife didn't, he walked out onto the track and came back to the V8SC pits that way.

I guess the nepotism goes both ways, unlike many on here believe :).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Iggle Piggle

Sure does sound unprofessional - must have been hard for Skaife and HRT having to beat their on-track rivals and also a race director that had it in for you.

AlbertM

Championship defining moment when Ambrose got himself out of the mud.

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on July 02, 2021, 01:57:34 PM
Sure does sound unprofessional - must have been hard for Skaife and HRT having to beat their on-track rivals and also a race director that had it in for you.
I agree with that. I'm sure Ford teams thought similar in 2019.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on July 02, 2021, 12:55:44 PM
ask Schenken

bye

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: AlbertM on July 02, 2021, 04:42:56 PM
I agree with that. I'm sure Ford teams thought similar in 2019.

Why was Schenken biased against all Ford teams in 2019?  As race director he should be professional enough to treat all driver's and teams equally, no matter what shared history they may have.

Quote from: Trevor on July 02, 2021, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on July 02, 2021, 12:55:44 PM
ask Schenken

bye

Bye?

Was hoping you might actually know.  From the little you have said it was because Schenken did not like Skaife and could not put that dislike to the side to do his job fairly and without malice, but was hoping you could explain why Schenken did not like Skaife.

EDIT:  Where did the rest of your post go Trev?  Do you need Skaifeman to delete it from where he quoted you so you don't get in trouble?

LG

Not sure what any of this has to do with Winton being postponed twice...

Iggle Piggle

Me either LG, but sure is an interesting and fun chat.  Do you think maybe Trev deleted most of what he said because his initial comment suggested they could have recovered Skaife but didn't, when in fact they did pull his car out the mud so he could continue racing?

Do you want us to start a new thread in Nostalgia to discuss Trev's allegations that Schenken was prejudiced towards Skaife?

PVDA

The decision was the same for both cars at the time, although many laps apart, leave them as they were in relatively safe locations.

Ambrose self recovered although why he NEVER tried to reverse out prior to letting the air out is beyond me and Skaife was dragged out when a Safety Car was called for another incident.

Skaife was still classified as a finisher as he just managed to get the required 75 laps in the 100 lap race to do 75% race distance.

Anyway back on topic.

Word has it the reschedule date is November but I note Supercars already has NZ, F1GP & Gold Coast all 2 weeks apart in November already.

CP

Quote from: PVDA on July 03, 2021, 09:49:41 AM
The decision was the same for both cars at the time, although many laps apart, leave them as they were in relatively safe locations.

Ambrose self recovered although why he NEVER tried to reverse out prior to letting the air out is beyond me and Skaife was dragged out when a Safety Car was called for another incident.

Skaife was still classified as a finisher as he just managed to get the required 75 laps in the 100 lap race to do 75% race distance.

Anyway back on topic.

Word has it the reschedule date is November but I note Supercars already has NZ, F1GP & Gold Coast all 2 weeks apart in November already.

Winton to fill the AGP void?