News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Winton or Wintoff? (Spoilers)

Started by CP, May 27, 2021, 08:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CP

The Repco travelling circus winds its way into rural Victoria this weekend. There should be cars racing, and people through the gates to watch cars racing. However, Melbourne may be going back into a Covid induced lockdown.

Makes for a fun lead up to an event that starts tomorrow.

Wrighty05

Just been called off and rescheduled for winter break

Everyone leaving circuit now

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

LG

Trying to fit it between Townsville and Sydney.

Sonic

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

DRB05

Quote from: Sonic on May 27, 2021, 01:15:24 PM
Victoria : State of BS! :@
Sicktoria, no wonder Qld has seen a massive increase in mexicans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVDA

I got word it was cancelled when I was going past Wandong heading up the Hume.

Still had to go up and collect a heap of equipment we'd left up there after the Historic event the weekend prior.

Arrived around 1pm and only the Dunlop guys and a couple of Hyundai Excels were still there.

Sonic

don't believe the SC guys were due to start arriving for their setup til Fri so it didn't affect them so much (Vic teams at least, QLD would have been enroute no doubt) but it sucked for the support categories who had already arrived and unpacked only to be told to go home.

credit to Winton though I believe they opened it up for a test/tune day for those who were already there so it wasn't a total waste of time even though the disappointment remains.

murph_fan51

Are all the Vic teams leaving Melbourne to go on another road trip?
debris debris debris

Troy01505

Quote from: murph_fan51 on June 02, 2021, 08:13:41 PM

I reckon if not yet they will very shortly

Bloopy

Quote from: murph_fan51 on June 02, 2021, 08:13:41 PM

Yes, they had to leave Victoria by midnight last night and they have to self-isolate in NSW for 2 weeks to be able to get to Darwin. Some of the teams only agreed to it on the condition that they go home after that round:

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/06/01/klimenko-explains-erebus-stance-on-border-crossing/

Sonic

And I reckon that Winton will be off next time coz nobody will want to do another 2 weeks quarantine after it.

or if they run it maybe just be the SC... but would the gov cough up their share of the cash if it doesn't benefit the region?

Kytabu

Postponed again...I guess it will be right at the end of the season now with plenty of calendar space in October and November (if indeed it can go ahead at all).

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/07/01/supercars-postpones-winton-supersprint-again/
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Sonic

will be much nicer weather in that time frame

Ospif1

The teams will definitely appreciate the weather then compared to now.