News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Townsville Round 2 (Spoilers)

Started by skaifeman, July 13, 2021, 04:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on July 13, 2021, 04:45:14 PM
Schedule released: 39 laps on Saturday, 2x 39 laps on Sunday
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/07/13/shootout-on-townsville-supersprint-schedule/
Should be better but was hoping for a 21 lap race like the Super 2.
debris debris debris

skaifeman

Looks like the Saturday race will be delayed to suit the shuffle of NRL games in Townsville.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Mal

Man those WAU cars are struggling big time.

Mal

Maybe spoke to soon Chaz in the shootout.

skaifeman

The Mustang is still a sharp tool.
Shorter race will suit the guys at the front too.

Tip of the hat to Goddard. A Courtney style, grab it by the balls lap. Ended in Courtney fashion too. Makes for great watching, though.

What an opening series of laps.

TheArrow

Just popping in to say it has been so long since we've heard such blatant SVG bias spilling out of Skaifes mouth.

But it's been nice hearing Tander dismiss him so freely.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mal

15 second penalty to the Giz ouch. Don t like it I like a bit of push and shove but the umpire is never wrong.

skaifeman

I thought Kostecki was going to cause a massive pile up on the first lap.
Well done to everyone around him to notice it.

murph_fan51

Quote from: Mal on July 17, 2021, 05:14:28 PM
15 second penalty to the Giz ouch. Don t like it I like a bit of push and shove but the umpire is never wrong.
Did you see Shane's comments after the race? Would be good to see both in car footage.
debris debris debris

Mal

Quote from: murph_fan51 on July 17, 2021, 06:00:56 PM
Did you see Shane's comments after the race? Would be good to see both in car footage.

Yeah just watched it sounds like Shane copped a poor call from the stewards. Yeah your right on the in car footage wondering if the stewards get any extra info that we don t get to make there call.

Mal

Feel for Fabian Coulthard one job to get right stupid mistake. I see they classed as non finisher as well.

NC   19   Local Legends   Fabian Coulthard   Holden Commodore ZB   38   51:09.0462

Sonic

no issue with the mid corner bump... BUT he then just took the racing line right out to the kerb and ran the other competitor off the track.

that is not 'a bit of push and shove', he deserved that penalty and should have got it again for the 2nd one he did.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Mal

Yeah all good but didn t he push the other driver off because he could not turn the car as he was getting bumped from behind. Think that was what was reported after the race.

Mal

This what the Giz had to say after the race.

"I made a pass on Brodie which was alright, but then he kept on hitting me on the right rear, and I couldn't hold it tight because he kept straightening me up, and then he pushed us both wide.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/pushing-the-limits-penalties-cruel-triple-eight-duo/