News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

NSW inexplicably separate cases that have been in the community the whole time while infectious and those that have been partially in the community while infectious. Either way they have been infectious in the community. Today that number was 176. Yesterday was 181.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

and now it is spreading to the Regions - goodbye Bathurst 2021  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on August 09, 2021, 04:58:34 AM
and now it is spreading to the Regions - goodbye Bathurst 2021  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

and those regions snapped into lockdown so still a chance, Vic looks worrying to for Supercars 11 cases not linked roaming the community.

gotta keep thinking positive too much doom and gloom.

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 08, 2021, 11:23:36 PM
NSW inexplicably separate cases that have been in the community the whole time while infectious and those that have been partially in the community while infectious. Either way they have been infectious in the community. Today that number was 176. Yesterday was 181.

goes to show how numbers can be played with ie this delta whilst more contagious is no more deadly or harmful than the original covd.

skaifeman

Can we not just have a closed door event? Ala F1 for their whole 2020 season.
If any race could survive off just TV views it would be this one.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Quote from: skaifeman on August 09, 2021, 09:01:50 AM

Doubt it. Contracts would be in place, advertising space already sold. With no gate takings, no merchandise sales, food and drink sales to prop it up. They could still run it, but at a loss to all involved

If Covid breaks out, out west. there are the health concerns for all teams, support staff, track crews, administration...
Ford Faithful

fordman

they just had 4k spectators last year haven't heard how the dollars went for the event? zero or limited spectators $$ wouldn't be great.

But just listening to the NSW premier it seems signs of t getting out may have occurred, with Armidale, Tamworth  in  lockdown and now possibly Byron Bay with traces in the poo.

given the zero tolerance of the delta I suspect Baturst may again be changed or even canceled, but time is stll tere to be fixed.

Trevor

Well at least regional Vict is coming out of lockdown at midnight tonight

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 09, 2021, 11:05:21 AM

they just had 4k spectators last year haven't heard how the dollars went for the event? zero or limited spectators $$ wouldn't be great.

But just listening to the NSW premier it seems signs of t getting out may have occurred, with Armidale, Tamworth  in  lockdown and now possibly Byron Bay with traces in the poo.

given the zero tolerance of the delta I suspect Baturst may again be changed or even canceled, but time is stll tere to be fixed.

Not sure how they can do it? even if all of the teams drive up to Bathurst 2 weeks prior and live entirely within the campgrounds as a quarantine area it still leaves us with the question of all of the associated people to run the events.

are SC going to pay ALL of their volunteers to come up to the hill for 2 weeks and look after all of their costs to run the event?

and what about support categories? there is no way the majority would be able to afford to take 2 weeks off to go up there (and what if there is another 2 weeks on return??)

sadly this is leaning more and more towards a cancel I think :(

Can't see them trying to shift it in with the ARG event (if they would even want them as they already have a full card anyway)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

Listening to media reports today reporting NSW maybe looking to vaccinate its way out of lockdown asap. This maybe a workable strategy but I doubt it will favor the Bathurst event as it will take time, am hearing late Oct if vaccination rates are kept up.  Even if achieved other states gauge their actions on the number of cases in the community when deciding border closures/openings, and if NSW are looking to accept regular small numbers, and small hospitalizations the borders may stay shut until the rest of the nation gets to the agreed 80% where border closures will cease. This could be later this year if current vax trends are kept up??

I believe Bathurst's fate is now sealed, ie no event in 2021, may have 2 in 2022??? dunno if good/bad???

This may change though IF there is a sudden drop in numbers and are kept down.

bloody covid >:(

Trevor

Isn't it frustrating that Government action and inaction is mucking about society as whole

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 10, 2021, 09:19:59 AM
Listening to media reports today reporting NSW maybe looking to vaccinate its way out of lockdown asap. This maybe a workable strategy but I doubt it will favor the Bathurst event as it will take time, am hearing late Oct if vaccination rates are kept up.  Even if achieved other states gauge their actions on the number of cases in the community when deciding border closures/openings, and if NSW are looking to accept regular small numbers, and small hospitalizations the borders may stay shut until the rest of the nation gets to the agreed 80% where border closures will cease. This could be later this year if current vax trends are kept up??

I believe Bathurst's fate is now sealed, ie no event in 2021, may have 2 in 2022??? dunno if good/bad???

How long after having the 2 jabs are you magically invincible?

Even if NSW does the double jab to clear some attendees the bug ain't going anywhere.

We also have the issue of different states not accepting of other states way of doing things. Really need 1 unified approach but we need to get a Fed gov prepared to take the call first.

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on August 10, 2021, 11:36:10 AM
Quote from: fordman on August 10, 2021, 09:19:59 AM

How long after having the 2 jabs are you magically invincible?

Even if NSW does the double jab to clear some attendees the bug ain't going anywhere.

We also have the issue of different states not accepting of other states way of doing things. Really need 1 unified approach but we need to get a Fed gov prepared to take the call first.

Am told 3 weeks after the 2nd jab you are vaccinated effectively.

the vaccine doesn't kill the virus in significantly reduce the chances of catching and transmitting it and MOST of all DIEING from it to nill, and going to hospital to a number similar to the current flu.

Fed Gov CANNOT tell the states what to do so they cannot make the call, however the last meeting of the states and feds they ALL agreed once we reach certain number restrictions will be removed I believe 80% when reached no more LOCKDOWNS etc. Covid from then on will be treated same as the common flu.

Current vaccine rate if maintained could easily see us at the 80% by xmas. we are doing 1 million every 5 days and already at 13 mill+ but we need 2 doses and there is a gap between doses.

hopefully 2022 will see some sort of normal  Supercar calender, would like to see 2 bathursts if ths one is canned

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 10, 2021, 12:31:25 PM

the vaccine doesn't kill the virus in significantly reduce the chances of catching and transmitting it and MOST of all DIEING from it to nill, and going to hospital to a number similar to the current flu.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/covid-breakthrough-cases-cdc-says-more-than-4100-people-have-been-hospitalized-or-died-after-vaccination.html

bet those 4000 people wish you were right about not dying from it after being vaccinated...

diseases will always kill folk/make them sick, it is just a matter of what level is deemed to be 'acceptable'

based on your 3 weeks though for 'immunity' (which isn't) I don't know how they will meet their Bathurst deadline for a crowd.

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on August 10, 2021, 02:32:43 PM
Quote from: fordman on August 10, 2021, 12:31:25 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/covid-breakthrough-cases-cdc-says-more-than-4100-people-have-been-hospitalized-or-died-after-vaccination.html

bet those 4000 people wish you were right about not dying from it after being vaccinated...

diseases will always kill folk/make them sick, it is just a matter of what level is deemed to be 'acceptable'

based on your 3 weeks though for 'immunity' (which isn't) I don't know how they will meet their Bathurst deadline for a crowd.

would not trust your link when it says "roughly" and mixes two variabes how many DID die???? they cannot say, typical scare article to keep many scared. the common flu killed 300,000 in Europe 2018 alone.

we will just have to see what eventuates re Bathurst, it wont be your call nor mine but if its on I WILL BE THERE, went last year as well. If its not well I will be at the next one.

BTW just checked it is 3 weeks