News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 11, 2021, 02:03:11 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on August 11, 2021, 01:59:47 PM
And Adderton at it again:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/08/11/breaking-bathurst-council-confirms-no-agreement-for-new-1000-date/

Sometimes you hate him, sometimes you love him.

wouldn't it be better if the council tried to get both events???? rather than one??? doesn't make sense if they are the sticking point? miss out on double the income to the area???

wouldn't it be better for SC to get permission to run an event and cross t's and dot i's before announcing an event date?

if CB has a 2 week exclusion for track preparations and whatever else they do in that time frame why should they back down? you can be sure that SC wouldn't do it for anyone.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/08/11/breaking-bathurst-council-confirms-no-agreement-for-new-1000-date/

wouldn't it be better if the council tried to get both events???? rather than one??? doesn't make sense if they are the sticking point? miss out on double the income to the area???

I read it as these rules are in place so the residents of Mt Panorama don't have too many major events close together.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trevor

Supercars have been bullying tracks for years. I remember one year at Winton the Austin 7 Club hold a HUGE historic event the last weekend of May every year and has done for over 40 years, I remember SC wanted that weekend so Winton had to move the Austin 7 club, there was a lot bullying that went on from SC - @PVDA, do you remember that?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on August 11, 2021, 02:16:12 PM

wouldn't it be better for SC to get permission to run an event and cross t's and dot i's before announcing an event date?

if CB has a 2 week exclusion for track preparations and whatever else they do in that time frame why should they back down? you can be sure that SC wouldn't do it for anyone.

if they ran SC event there wouldn't need too much track prepto do? other than a clean up?

Sonic

Perhaps an option could be to merge the 2? Think CB is a 3 day event? could it be stretched to 4 allowing for SC to come in and do their thing? Might be a bit late to try something like that though as everyone who has entered for CB would then have to try to arrange an extra day of accom etc.

Kytabu

Quote from: Sonic on August 11, 2021, 04:52:35 PM
Perhaps an option could be to merge the 2? Think CB is a 3 day event? could it be stretched to 4 allowing for SC to come in and do their thing? Might be a bit late to try something like that though as everyone who has entered for CB would then have to try to arrange an extra day of accom etc.
CB runs the Sprints on Thursday-Friday and the Regularity on Saturday-Sunday. They couldn't combine without shortening their sessions or moving days around.

Supercars said they can't run the previous weekend as it won't give teams enough time to prepare after Phillip Island, but could they run Phillip Island earlier? Assuming the current calendar goes ahead, there is a three-week gap between Winton and Phillip Island; surely that could be reduced to two or even one? What else is scheduled at the Island in October?
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

AlbertM

NSW is going to be in full lock come November anyway. Cases in Bathurst, Dubbo and Walgett. Newcastle is getting worse.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 11, 2021, 05:15:25 PM
NSW is going to be in full lock come November anyway. Cases in Bathurst, Dubbo and Walgett. Newcastle is getting worse.

NSW aiming for enough ppl vaxed to not lockdown and current rate it could well reach that level soon. The ultimate aim for Aust is to get to 80% and then live with the virus, as other countries are, NSW trying to get there first. NSW will get there, but will it be in time for the event? still time before a call is made though so sill a chance.

madbugger

I'm loving the fact that someone is telling Supercars to go pound sand and sticking to their guns. I hope they don't roll over and concede, Supercars have been bullying other events and organisers for years, it's time they understood that the universe does not revolve around them, and that they don't have the best package out there.

Hopefully the new owners (whoever they end up being) understands this and starts to work with other categories and organisations for the betterment of motorsport across Australia.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

fordman

Quote from: madbugger on August 12, 2021, 07:34:56 AM
I'm loving the fact that someone is telling Supercars to go pound sand and sticking to their guns. I hope they don't roll over and concede, Supercars have been bullying other events and organisers for years, it's time they understood that the universe does not revolve around them, and that they don't have the best package out there.

Hopefully the new owners (whoever they end up being) understands this and starts to work with other categories and organisations for the betterment of motorsport across Australia.

Probably pointless as reports today we may not be out of lockdowns until Nov so BOTH events may not run :(

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on August 11, 2021, 05:05:37 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 11, 2021, 04:52:35 PM
CB runs the Sprints on Thursday-Friday and the Regularity on Saturday-Sunday. They couldn't combine without shortening their sessions or moving days around.

Supercars said they can't run the previous weekend as it won't give teams enough time to prepare after Phillip Island, but could they run Phillip Island earlier? Assuming the current calendar goes ahead, there is a three-week gap between Winton and Phillip Island; surely that could be reduced to two or even one? What else is scheduled at the Island in October?

I don't have anything on my calendar for October at the Island... but likely stuff like club days would be on.

No reason SC couldn't make the Island an enduro event to make sure they get one in the season.

Joe5619

Ma please... One is an event that no-one knows about & will be lucky to get a thousand people & the other is one of the biggest sporting events on the Australian calendar!

If the organisers of the Bathurst challenge used half a brain, they would work out a nice $ compensation from Supercar that would setup their event for years to come & more importantly could piggy back off the crowd from the Bathurst 1000 (if they have once) to their own advantage! This should be a win/ win for everyone!

madbugger

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 12, 2021, 04:19:24 PM

Ma please... One is an event that no-one knows about & will be lucky to get a thousand people & the other is one of the biggest sporting events on the Australian calendar!

If the organisers of the Bathurst challenge used half a brain, they would work out a nice $ compensation from Supercar that would setup their event for years to come & more importantly could piggy back off the crowd from the Bathurst 1000 (if they have once) to their own advantage! This should be a win/ win for everyone!

Or they could stand on their digs and send a message to the arrogant sons of bitches running Supercars, who tried to bully them into compromising their event, which the Bathurst Council also has contractual obligations to abide by.

If the management of Supercars had of approached them beforehand, rather than just announcing the date and expecting them to compromise their event because it's "Supercars" , they might have had a better result.

It's good the see the little guy sticking it up the Bully
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Sonic

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 12, 2021, 04:19:24 PM

so because YOU don't know about the event those who know about it and have gone for years and made it what it is should bend over and "take one for the team"?

if SC ballsed up (I say 'if' because I know as much as anyone else here) and didn't make sure everything was 100% in order before announcing the date how does it fall on anyone other than SC management if it doesn't proceed?