News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 14, 2021, 08:22:28 PM
I'm guessing about around 500 personnel minimum to pull off the 1000? Without support races, they could even pack the event into two days.

I have a feeling these 'passports' will only be for interstate travel/transport and not for large public events, if community cases are still high with 80% vaccination.

By then I feel the passports could be used more and more, NSW tradies in Sydney can go back to work if vaccinated during a lockdown. No reason why a sporting event or music event or such could make it a requirement to attend? given by then if vax rates are kept up [ and they looking like doing so] we could be well above 70% even the magic 80%.

The theory of the 80% is we can treat it like the flu, we don't lockdown for the flu. if we go past 80% and state still lockdown there will be a riot. There must be some benefit to being vaccinated.

With some planning SC could run a passport system.

AlbertM

70% won't be reached until after the November date. The Feds are reluctant to introduce a passport system. Supercars will weigh up the cost V's return checking people's vax status. The race is in 3 months.

So much has gone wrong in the last 2 months, I don't think Bathurst is a high priority for those outside motorsport circles.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 15, 2021, 09:36:36 AM
70% won't be reached until after the November date. The Feds are reluctant to introduce a passport system. Supercars will weigh up the cost V's return checking people's vax status. The race is in 3 months.

So much has gone wrong in the last 2 months, I don't think Bathurst is a high priority for those outside motorsport circles.

Feds WANT a passport system they have endorsed WA plan to require NSW residents to provide proof [ passport] NSW already have started via the tradies.

Like the no jab no work problem going on where there is debate over who can do it fed state or business etc. same here who can make it a requirement to be vaxed to attend, pretty hard for a gov state or fed to stop really a organizer of an event making a passport a requirement, in effect saying Aussies you are vaccinated but you cannot enjoy the benefit of being so.

I suspect organizers of anything will look favorable on this as a means of getting back to business.

PM is just announcing 1 million more Pfizer 500k going direct to NSW sydney area this week, so ANYTHING could happen in the next 80 days [ 80 x 220k/day =17.6 million injections]

there is still hope ;D

AlbertM

PM also said today there is no policy on vaccine passports.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 15, 2021, 10:44:26 AM
PM also said today there is no policy on vaccine passports.

yet he endorses WA plan, its being used elsewhere in the world to go sporting events etc ie Wimbledon tennis.  It doesn't worry me we have had them before. It may well be a thing that no gov can control?? A sporting event requires you to buy a ticket they can require their spectators to be vaccinated??? like the no jab no work question no one really knows who makes the call on it.

LG

The Bathurst shift - as in the title of the thread - is run and won.

Unless it changes of course...  ;D ;D

Maybe now we can keep all the Covid conversations for the actual Covid thread.
It gets boring opening up every thread to see the same thing all the time.

fordman

Quote from: LG on August 15, 2021, 02:01:07 PM
The Bathurst shift - as in the title of the thread - is run and won.

Unless it changes of course...  ;D ;D

Maybe now we can keep all the Covid conversations for the actual Covid thread.
It gets boring opening up every thread to see the same thing all the time.

apologies was unaware of a covid thread :-[

Wrighty05

Won't be a crowd if it stays at its current date. Maybe 2 weeks after GC?

fordman

Quote from: Wrighty05 on August 16, 2021, 07:24:34 AM
Won't be a crowd if it stays at its current date. Maybe 2 weeks after GC?

trying to think positive but its a struggle, I hope SC have a plan B [probably do]

WarrenK

Quote from: fordman on August 17, 2021, 07:16:10 AM
I hope SC have a plan B [probably do]

Plan B - Cancellation :'(

fordman

Quote from: WarrenK on August 17, 2021, 10:14:59 AM
Quote from: fordman on August 17, 2021, 07:16:10 AM
I hope SC have a plan B [probably do]

Plan B - Cancellation :'(

or postponement? [ 2 x 2022]?

either way 2021 doesn't look good

Joe5619

What a disaster!!!

it's not just Bathurst, how the **** are they going to get the rest of the calendar away?

Trevor

Sonic

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 18, 2021, 02:26:47 PM
What a disaster!!!

it's not just Bathurst, how the **** are they going to get the rest of the calendar away?

3 tracks in Vic,

sprint at Winton, 500k at Sandown and 1000k at the Island.

then if they want they can do a double somewhere else to wind out the season... maybe 2 tracks at SMP?.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on August 18, 2021, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on August 18, 2021, 02:26:47 PM
What a disaster!!!

3 tracks in Vic,

sprint at Winton, 500k at Sandown and 1000k at the Island.

then if they want they can do a double somewhere else to wind out the season... maybe 2 tracks at SMP?.

Vic still has mystery cases everyday, its bubbling along, nothing is guaranteed even VFL is contemplating semis and Grand final changes.