News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd

Quote from: Trevor on August 18, 2021, 03:15:01 PM
S.A., W.A. & Tas
You can take WA out of that with Captain Lockdown needing to feed his ego.

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 18, 2021, 04:35:28 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 18, 2021, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on August 18, 2021, 02:26:47 PM
What a disaster!!!

it's not just Bathurst, how the **** are they going to get the rest of the calendar away?

3 tracks in Vic,

sprint at Winton, 500k at Sandown and 1000k at the Island.

then if they want they can do a double somewhere else to wind out the season... maybe 2 tracks at SMP?.

Vic still has mystery cases everyday, its bubbling along, nothing is guaranteed even VFL is contemplating semis and Grand final changes.

agreed not a perfect solution but staying in one state means they can run some sort of closed show
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

With states pulling the trigger on lockdowns on the slightest hint of a case, I am not sure what SC can do other than plan to change things at a moments notice.

Geez I would hate to be all these sports Admin ATM trying to run things in such conditions.

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 19, 2021, 05:48:54 AM
With states pulling the trigger on lockdowns on the slightest hint of a case, I am not sure what SC can do other than plan to change things at a moments notice.

Geez I would hate to be all these sports Admin ATM trying to run things in such conditions.

and how much money they are all losing! not just gate takings from closed events but from all the work they have put in over the last 18 months just trying to run events that get cancelled at a moments notice.

Joe5619

Quote from: Sonic on August 18, 2021, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on August 18, 2021, 02:26:47 PM
What a disaster!!!

it's not just Bathurst, how the **** are they going to get the rest of the calendar away?

3 tracks in Vic,

sprint at Winton, 500k at Sandown and 1000k at the Island.

then if they want they can do a double somewhere else to wind out the season... maybe 2 tracks at SMP?.
Victoria?  They are on the same track as NSW, just a few stations behind!

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on August 19, 2021, 08:36:20 AM
Quote from: fordman on August 19, 2021, 05:48:54 AM

and how much money they are all losing! not just gate takings from closed events but from all the work they have put in over the last 18 months just trying to run events that get cancelled at a moments notice.

Maybe stop all the bleeding and stop now and wait until 2022 when vaccines hit 80% and things change???? but they may see contracts breached and more bleeding can't win eh

jd

Not looking good as I see in this mornings press reports that there are now COVID cases in Bathurst !!!!

AlbertM

NSW won't have any issue holding a spectator free race. (Right now they wouldn't care even if spectators did attend).

It'll be up to the teams and restrictions in their home states that will determine how the races pans out.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

(Sorry LG. :-[ This mentions Covid but only because it relates to the Bathurst race meeting.)

(As I pointed out in the specific Covid 19 thread, Bathurst is now considered an Indigenous/Aboriginal Town on the major concern list.)

Even without spectators, Bathurst would still require many hundreds of support workers official duties and it is surely an event that cannot function with the sometimes applied minimal crew numbers, so that would require a lot of people.

Other October sporting and motorsport events have been cancelled for October.

With the escalation of Covid cases in NSW, any races in NSW 2021 are looking less likely.

QuotePremier Gladys Berejiklian says NSW is "learning to live" with the Delta strain as she confirmed 681 new COVID-19 cases, the highest number the state has recorded in a day.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-19/nsw-records-681-covid-cases-another-death/100389146

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/08/18/world-time-attack-challenge-postponed-until-2022

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

fordman

Only way I see it happening now with spectators is via the vaccine passport system, but I feel whilst we are heading this way to get to any event, Bathurst date maybe too close, maybe a Dec date could work if passport system proves ok in other areas? if not willing to try this way sadly I see no spectators and maybe no event this year. :(

fordman

Reading Alex Premat is coming over and has a travel exemption for the event, that tells me they are still aiming at running the event in Nov, with or without spectators.

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on August 22, 2021, 05:35:01 PM
Reading Alex Premat is coming over and has a travel exemption for the event, that tells me they are still aiming at running the event in Nov, with or without spectators.

and this right here is one good example of why the anti-vax/anti-lockdown folk get so riled up... they can't travel 5km to see family but bring a bloke halfway around the world for a car race...

AlbertM

Got enough money, you can do anything.
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: Sonic on August 22, 2021, 06:05:54 PM
Quote from: fordman on August 22, 2021, 05:35:01 PM

and this right here is one good example of why the anti-vax/anti-lockdown folk get so riled up... they can't travel 5km to see family but bring a bloke halfway around the world for a car race...

Spot on, eliminate co-drivers and do a 2 day event in the same fashion as the early Adelaide 500 days. Parc ferme at the completion of Saturday's race and finishing position used for Sunday grid positions.

AlbertM

A single file rolling start for the 2nd leg would be better. Cars get one screaming lap exiting the pits. One lap behind the safety car then let loose.
Ford Faithful