News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

At 80% of 16+ leaves several million people unprotected. Without restrictions, hospitalisations will go up. Even the vaccinated can pass on the virus.  If case number are still high at the time of the race, Bathurst will be a super duper spreader event.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 28, 2021, 01:13:09 PM
At 80% of 16+ leaves several million people unprotected. Without restrictions, hospitalisations will go up. Even the vaccinated can pass on the virus.  If case number are still high at the time of the race, Bathurst will be a super duper spreader event.

Vaccinated people's capability to catch and pass is greatly reduced and hospitalizations are accordingly reduced . children whilst can catch the virus do not suffer from it as much so reports state rare hospitalizations etc. 12-15 are now planning to be vaccinated.

If Bathurst is moved back to Dec that's 3 months for the numbers to come down and as I said above NSW will look at the cases in hospital NOT the cases themselves IF they are ok and within the Doherty report's guidelines I suspect it will be ok it may also mean that vaccinated  spectators may only come from those states that have borders open to those who are fully Vaccinated. QLD and WA are making noises along the lines of keeping shutdown so none from there may come???

I suspect SC will be looking at ALL things to get the event happening with spectators otherwise they would give up now and say something. There is still time before a final call is made and therfore hope is alve. ;D

Joe5619

We can't live in a bubble forever!!

NSW is 13 days away from 1st jab at 80% level, by the time this gets 2nd jab to the level of 80%, the other 20% (+12-15) should have had their first jab by this stage (if they want it). If people don't want the jab, that's fine, leave them behind & lets get on with life.

Anyway, bring on Bathurst & hopefully with a packed crowd.

fordman

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 28, 2021, 02:56:30 PM

NSW is 13 days away from 1st jab at 80% level, by the time this gets 2nd jab to the level of 80%, the other 20% (+12-15) should have had their first jab by this stage (if they want it). If people don't want the jab, that's fine, leave them behind & lets get on with life.

I am with you Joe  8) ;D

WarrenK

So the lastest date is early December.  Everyone with rose coloured glasses are saying NSW  lockdowns will be finished and sports events can have increased capacity with 80% vaccination rate, probably still with a thousand or two cases daily.  Bathurst will getting ready for a flood of covid cases from when all those spectators flood in from Sydney.  Qld will probably still have it's border locked down solid  with only the most essential people allowed in. Considering the best teams and some others come from Qld, will these teams want to cross the border into NSW.  If they do, and no one in motor racing team could be classed as an essential worker, they will have have to stay in NSW, maybe for a long time, which includes being there over Christmas away from their families, but the show must go on.

fordman

Quote from: WarrenK on August 28, 2021, 04:54:59 PM
So the lastest date is early December.  Everyone with rose coloured glasses are saying NSW  lockdowns will be finished and sports events can have increased capacity with 80% vaccination rate, probably still with a thousand or two cases daily.  Bathurst will getting ready for a flood of covid cases from when all those spectators flood in from Sydney.  Qld will probably still have it's border locked down solid  with only the most essential people allowed in. Considering the best teams and some others come from Qld, will these teams want to cross the border into NSW.  If they do, and no one in motor racing team could be classed as an essential worker, they will have have to stay in NSW, maybe for a long time, which includes being there over Christmas away from their families, but the show must go on.

Gotta have rose colored glasses on to overcome all this doom and gloom ;D last year so called experts claimed 25000 dead by Anzac day didn't happen, millions unemployed when Jobkeeper finished didn't happen [ quite the opposite]  vaccine passports can allow border crossing QLD and WA already are employing it no reason why they cannot do it for SC its 3 months away.

What happens wont be decided on this forum anyway lets hope cool heads prevail :)

AlbertM

No we can't but it's far from over. We can't leave the unvaxed behind, they will drag us all down.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on August 28, 2021, 02:06:10 PM

Vaccinated people's capability to catch and pass is greatly reduced and hospitalizations are accordingly reduced . children whilst can catch the virus do not suffer from it as much so reports state rare hospitalizations etc. 12-15 are now planning to be vaccinated.

If Bathurst is moved back to Dec that's 3 months for the numbers to come down and as I said above NSW will look at the cases in hospital NOT the cases themselves IF they are ok and within the Doherty report's guidelines I suspect it will be ok it may also mean that vaccinated  spectators may only come from those states that have borders open to those who are fully Vaccinated. QLD and WA are making noises along the lines of keeping shutdown so none from there may come???

I suspect SC will be looking at ALL things to get the event happening with spectators otherwise they would give up now and say something. There is still time before a final call is made and therfore hope is alve. ;D
We're almost 3 months in and the number are still going up. Doom and gloom is reality at this point. BTW the full Doherty report is being kept secret. We've only been told what's in it by Morrison. The bloke that has stuffed up every response to a crisis and never hit a target yet.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 28, 2021, 08:15:32 PM

No we can't but it's far from over. We can't leave the unvaxed behind, they will drag us all down.

And we cannot make vaccinations mandatory  the unvaccinated will have to eventually "risk it" we cannot have 90% of the country live under lockdowns because of a few. if we do not open at 80 WHEN? knowing 100 is not possible.

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 28, 2021, 08:20:08 PM
Quote from: fordman on August 28, 2021, 02:06:10 PM

We're almost 3 months in and the number are still going up. Doom and gloom is reality at this point. BTW the full Doherty report is being kept secret. We've only been told what's in it by Morrison. The bloke that has stuffed up every response to a crisis and never hit a target yet.

now we should move this to the political section as its way way off topic. States have seen the report no evidence anything is being held back. As for targets is hitting some good one now. We are still better than other countries ATM despite the blinkered media.

LG

Yep.
Everyone has been asked to keep this topic on the Bathurst date and discuss the pandemic in the Covid thread and yet...  :( 

AlbertM

Well the Bathurst date is contingent on the Covid pandemic. It's been moved once and now talk of another delay because the pandemic ain't getting any better.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Quote from: LG on August 29, 2021, 08:59:09 AM
Yep.
Everyone has been asked to keep this topic on the Bathurst date and discuss the pandemic in the Covid thread and yet...  :(
I'm extremely confused how we discuss the Bathurst date change without Covid. The whole reason we have this topic & a Bathurst date change is because of Covid!

fordman

I do believe its more than likely a Dec event will be called, it just makes senses to give it as long as possible to sort things out. Vx numbers are looking good everyday, especially in NSW.

I also believe a passport system will have to be used for the event for teams and officials and staff and if go for spectators then they too need to have a passport. They will have to decide on camping is allowed etc.

I hope they advise those current ticket holders and campsite owners that possibly a very late call is made and such some may not get their because of various reasons and there may not be a lot of time to react to their call. 2 weekends have been mooted so fans should know if they can go to Dec date.

Maybe SC could simply sell tickets and campsites as if a new event?, those who have tickets for the Nov event can be offered like they did before a option to retain tickets for 2022 same for camping or refund, would save mucking around with this year and maybe stuffing everything up????

Personally I can go to any date they choose Nov or Dec Just need to know camping allowed or not.

AlbertM

Camping? Very ambitious. At this point, just hope the race can go ahead. Keep in mind, December is only being considered because the covid crisis is worsening in NSW.
Ford Faithful