News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

I know it may be sad, but only a very small proportion of viewers actually attend the Bathurst site.

If attendees are banned or restricted, then a lot of them will watch on TV anyway.

For advertisers and sponsors, they still get an audience for their expenditure.

The event will cost promoters less to put the event on.

One big drawbacks will be loss of merchandise sales, which can be offset by on-line sales and reduction of sales employee costs.

Local businesses will lose out.

The real biggie will be getting enough volunteer officials who may have to double quarantine if from interstate.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 29, 2021, 12:18:50 PM
Camping? Very ambitious. At this point, just hope the race can go ahead. Keep in mind, December is only being considered because the covid crisis is worsening in NSW.

Have to have ambition, same reason that can allow the race can allow spectators and even camping, can even lockdown camping if you like majority take enough food and drink anyway. If vax rates keep up mid Oct will see 70% can find officials with the passport if you ask, don't assume thy wont come. otherwise just pull the pin now eh just give up eh.

fordman

Quote from: stevo qld on August 29, 2021, 12:58:23 PM
I know it may be sad, but only a very small proportion of viewers actually attend the Bathurst site.

If attendees are banned or restricted, then a lot of them will watch on TV anyway.

For advertisers and sponsors, they still get an audience for their expenditure.

The event will cost promoters less to put the event on.

One big drawbacks will be loss of merchandise sales, which can be offset by on-line sales and reduction of sales employee costs.

Local businesses will lose out.

The real biggie will be getting enough volunteer officials who may have to double quarantine if from interstate.

Yes Steve if the event does go ahead without spectators they will get a bigger TV audience obviously, Seamer has already said they really don't want to repeat last year with such restricted spectators seems to tell me they are really keen to get them there. Will they run the event with NO spectators have they said they were considering it. ? I went last year and was a real different event but it did have a positive ting in that they can run events all day without the midday lunch break on track action was continuous which was good.

I went last year and got my usual shirt and cap online before the event same price as if I got it at the event. Not sure if teams lost out overall on Merchandise sale because of Bathurst last year??? But if no event this year will NOT be buying my shirt an cap as usual.

yep for sure locals will miss out as they did last year so every effort to run it should be looked at pretty sure they would appreciate it.

Vaccine passport I believe will be the key thing, no passport no entry, and as for interstate as for the teams as well, it will depend on the border restrictions if they allow vaccinated people to travel and return home as normal then there should be no issue, Two states are already operating a vax passports at certain levels, NSW has indicated it will be as well. The passport I believe will be the KEY point If states outside NSW wont recognize a passport system then the event will struggle to go ahead any event or business also, But since some already do run a system it would be ludicrous not to continue it.

We will see what happens, my guess moved to Dec the latter date, announcement Mid Oct  ;D

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on August 29, 2021, 01:19:50 PM
Camping? Very ambitious. At this point, just hope the race can go ahead. Keep in mind, December is only being considered because the covid crisis is worsening in NSW.

Have to have ambition, same reason that can allow the race can allow spectators and even camping, can even lockdown camping if you like majority take enough food and drink anyway. If vax rates keep up mid Oct will see 70% can find officials with the passport if you ask, don't assume thy wont come. otherwise just pull the pin now eh just give up eh.
No, we don't give up. We just have to remember that the ones hyping up opening at 70%-80%  are the one that have never hit promised goals yet. We were suppose to be "front of the que". :)
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 29, 2021, 03:50:33 PM
Quote from: fordman on August 29, 2021, 01:19:50 PM

No, we don't give up. We just have to remember that the ones hyping up opening at 70%-80%  are the one that have never hit promised goals yet. We were suppose to be "front of the que". :)

Well one states has hit a target and even earlier than planned and will be first to the 70/80% well before the event too. A couple are even dragging the chain to gain advantage from it >:(

There is an advantage to following just behind, you get to see the mistakes the leaders make eh.

Pleased to hear you are not giving up on the event it sounded like you were ?

AlbertM

I'm looking at reality.

BTW, NSW hitting 6million doses early, means absolutely nothing. Like predicting the sun rising in the morning.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 29, 2021, 06:32:19 PM
I'm looking at reality.

BTW, NSW hitting 6million doses early, means absolutely nothing. Like predicting the sun rising in the morning.

you seem upset that our leaders don't set goals but when they do and  reach them you dismiss them? but attack them when they miss them :o ???

I prefer to think that since no call has been made about the event is good news, means they are looking at all things to get it to happen, hope is still there, all things that can make it happen are still there positive thinking is good, and even if the event is canned well its canned but at least I am positive today, and will understand they gave it a shot best they can didn't turn their toes up and pull the pin because todays numbers look bad 3 months ago it was different 3 months time even more different.

LG

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 29, 2021, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: LG on August 29, 2021, 08:59:09 AM
Yep.
Everyone has been asked to keep this topic on the Bathurst date and discuss the pandemic in the Covid thread and yet...  :(
I'm extremely confused how we discuss the Bathurst date change without Covid. The whole reason we have this topic & a Bathurst date change is because of Covid!

Very easily.
The only Covid discussion here should be how it relates to the shifting of the date, not the ins and outs or the political side of it either...   ;)

stevo qld

LG. I suggest closing this string and you personally add a post later when a definite date decision is made, or alternatively cancellation.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Us Victorians (my family and friends from the town in the news) have almost given up on attending this year.  We can't see that it will go ahead with spectators if it does, will us Victorians be allowed to travel there?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on August 30, 2021, 05:53:11 AM
Us Victorians (my family and friends from the town in the news) have almost given up on attending this year.  We can't see that it will go ahead with spectators if it does, will us Victorians be allowed to travel there?

ditto Trev. just too hard to plan anything at present.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on August 29, 2021, 08:06:36 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on August 29, 2021, 06:32:19 PM
I'm looking at reality.

you seem upset that our leaders don't set goals but when they do and  reach them you dismiss them? but attack them when they miss them :o ???

OK...Woohoo 6 million jabs! Party on!

Oh wait Bathurst race is still up in the air. We're still in lock down, we still have restrictions, we're still not at the vaccine threshold. Record case numbers, the health staff are overwhelmed...Bugger!
Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: Sonic on August 30, 2021, 08:31:47 AMditto Trev. just too hard to plan anything at present.
If they run the event with spectators Phil, and some of us Victorian can't get there, will they hold our camps sites over or do we lose our money?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on August 30, 2021, 09:29:45 AM
Quote from: Sonic on August 30, 2021, 08:31:47 AMditto Trev. just too hard to plan anything at present.
If they run the event with spectators Phil, and some of us Victorian can't get there, will they hold our camps sites over or do we lose our money?

doubt you'd lose your money but losing your campsites would be a possibility if they run it...

but they would lose a lot of attendees if they do that!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on August 30, 2021, 09:29:45 AM

pretty sure they will rollover, they did it for last years event they moved it all over, and did the same for the changed date and expect they will offer a refund to those who want it.

Pretty sure they will have considered what to do for the current ticket/camping customers. Their office staff may be sick of juggling things around though ;D

They COULD run the event as a complete NEW event no reserved seating or camping. BUT those who have reserved campsites and seating are held over to 2022? Those attending the NEW event do not have any ability to hold their seats/sites, probably solve some admin issues and give more flexibility to SC and those who are pretty sure they cannot come to any alternate date security their long held sites/seats are safe for 2022?