News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Given that the major sponsors of each event are competitors, I can't see either of them allowing the event that they sponsor to have any kind of prominent signage during the running of "their" event. Way too many other logistical problems for this idea to get over the line.

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

fordman

Quote from: madbugger on September 10, 2021, 07:30:38 AM
Given that the major sponsors of each event are competitors, I can't see either of them allowing the event that they sponsor to have any kind of prominent signage during the running of "their" event. Way too many other logistical problems for this idea to get over the line.

agree

Trevor

Quote from: madbugger on September 10, 2021, 07:30:38 AM

agree
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on September 10, 2021, 07:13:27 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on September 09, 2021, 07:03:38 PM
Quote from: fordman on September 09, 2021, 06:05:51 PM
Quote from: LG on September 09, 2021, 05:00:54 PM
What if say, the first 3 or 4 days was the Repco Bathurst 1000 and the next couple were the Supercheap whatever.
Sort of 2 meetings back to back.

how would they decide on gate takings etc and any fees paid by vendors etc it could fall apart in the splitting of the money no doubt there will be a fight.
Easy, boot everyone out and people buy a ticket to the next event.

Only would work if the event was totally separate events separate programme etc you buy a ticket for each event if they mix the programme it wouldn't work.

Separate events is what LG suggested.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on September 10, 2021, 10:38:29 AM
Quote from: fordman on September 10, 2021, 07:13:27 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on September 09, 2021, 07:03:38 PM
Quote from: fordman on September 09, 2021, 06:05:51 PM
Quote from: LG on September 09, 2021, 05:00:54 PM
What if say, the first 3 or 4 days was the Repco Bathurst 1000 and the next couple were the Supercheap whatever.
Sort of 2 meetings back to back.

how would they decide on gate takings etc and any fees paid by vendors etc it could fall apart in the splitting of the money no doubt there will be a fight.
Easy, boot everyone out and people buy a ticket to the next event.

Only would work if the event was totally separate events separate programme etc you buy a ticket for each event if they mix the programme it wouldn't work.

Separate events is what LG suggested.

Not sure if TCR would want their event over by Thursday???? in essence a midweek event? I like the idea of a Tuesday/Sunday speedweek type of event with both programmes combined. I doubt though with two major sponsors so close in business models I doubt they could agree to equal exposure time and signage placement etc etc

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

fordman

Well it looks like a combined event

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/15/best-ever-bathurst-1000-festival-confirmed/

now lets see what happens with camping/tickets

LG

Quote from: fordman on September 15, 2021, 09:12:14 AM

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/15/best-ever-bathurst-1000-festival-confirmed/

It's amazing what can be achieved by competing entities in these times for the greater good of motorsport.

fordman

Quote from: LG on September 15, 2021, 09:20:31 AM

It's amazing what can be achieved by competing entities in these times for the greater good of motorsport.

good to see really, I think it makes sense as not sure what would have happened if they pushed for separate events on consecutive weekends, cost sharing would be a big deal, plus spectators now have a chance to watch both like me without added expense of travel to 2 events and with one ticket price.

skaifeman

Quote from: LG on September 15, 2021, 09:20:31 AM

Maybe a show of good faith for the new potential owners?

Some ticketing/camping info here:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/faqs-everything-existing-bathurst-1000-ticket-holders-need-to-know/

You can either rollover your campsite to next year, or go this year for the week long event. They also offer a 6 day ticket for the price of a 4 (same for all current ticketholders).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Not just what happens with camping/tickets... but also how the hell they will schedule the thing and house 10 categories of racing cars/teams when the paddock is chockas with 5-6 categories.

with 10 categories to fit in I can see trouble giving each of them good air time.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Westfield

Surely this is confirmation that Supercars is sold to the ARG aligned group?

fordman

NO mention of Vaccination passports????

Trevor

Quote from: fordman on September 15, 2021, 10:27:55 AM
by then it will well in place and be assumed that you have one

We are currently disucssing attending for the full 6 days of racing - I am keen, not too sure who in our group is
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on September 15, 2021, 10:46:33 AM
Quote from: fordman on September 15, 2021, 10:27:55 AM
by then it will well in place and be assumed that you have one

We are currently disucssing attending for the full 6 days of racing - I am keen, not too sure who in our group is

I am fully vaxed so ready for either option.

Ticketing and grandstand little bit confusing but tiketec am sure will sort it out.

Looking forward to the full week sound exciting