News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadways6

Looks like few of the stars will be doing double duty at the 6 day Bathurst

Understandable , but it's taking the edge off all the categories being together if the front runners from other categories aren't going to be competing to save themselves for the 1000

CP

Is the Murphy/Stanaway wild cars still happening?

LG

Quote from: CP on October 06, 2021, 09:16:53 AM
Is the Murphy/Stanaway wild cars still happening?

I believe so.

Ninnyman

"McLaughlin has not raced in Australia since winning both the V8 titles and the Bathurst crown last year".

James clearly forgot that Scotty didn't win Bathurst last year...

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/motorsport/v8-supercars/bathurst-2021-massive-supercars-blow-as-scott-mclaughlin-pulls-out/news-story/ac528d9d8f13edee3e6cdf83d72bc885

Trevor

gee, what a surprise, a journalist got it wrong  ;D ;D ;D

I do love 'Media Watch' on the ABC on Monday nights, just to watch them climb into journalists and the media for getting wrong
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

I thought SC were better than this???? :P

yeah right :(

moving the start time even later >:(

saying news starts at sixpm so allowing for record race time plus a sighting laps = 11.55am start time.

ok but what happens if it rains or heaven forbid the track doesn't break up again. Not ever race will go to plan.

And use a FB poll to make the decision sheesh

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/07/supercars-ceo-confirms-later-bathurst-1000-start-time/

again SC its getting further away from what fans really want IMHO

LG

Don't worry it will probably start on Monday next year...   :)

kennymiesta

Quote from: fordman on October 07, 2021, 03:18:43 PM

saying news starts at sixpm so allowing for record race time plus a sighting laps = 11.55am start time.

ok but what happens if it rains or heaven forbid the track doesn't break up again. Not ever race will go to plan.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/07/supercars-ceo-confirms-later-bathurst-1000-start-time/

I don't have an issue with the later start time. At the end of the day, the sun won't be setting until 8pm+ anyway, so what's the matter. Yes, the news bulletin will be on at 6pm, but they also have two other FTA channels they can utilise. FOX has the rights to the main coverage, they sure as hell aren't going to be cutting the race short.

stevo qld

I guess we are talking "Southern Politician Time, not EST.

I hope it pisses down raining about one hour before the SPT expected finish.

That will liven thing up.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

SetonFan

Quote from: kennymiesta on October 07, 2021, 07:20:59 PM

I don't have an issue with the later start time. At the end of the day, the sun won't be setting until 8pm+ anyway, so what's the matter. Yes, the news bulletin will be on at 6pm, but they also have two other FTA channels they can utilise. FOX has the rights to the main coverage, they sure as hell aren't going to be cutting the race short.

It says in the article that Seven will be delaying their news on the day.

Sonic

Quote from: SetonFan on October 07, 2021, 09:09:02 PM
Quote from: kennymiesta on October 07, 2021, 07:20:59 PM

It says in the article that Seven will be delaying their news on the day.

and then maybe switch podium to 7mate?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

I am not a fan of a near midday start but it wont directly effect me in that I don't head home until Monday. Just many campers do leave after the race a late finish put them under pressure to get where they are going and more fatigue.

As long as it opens the door for more racing on the Sunday and less fan fair it maybe ok?

drivexby

As long as it doesn't end up with a time certain finish due to bad light or some other factor.  This race needs to be the full 161 laps.

Kytabu

The morning already drags on enough. It's not like you can arrive a bit later in the morning either as everyone will still be there at the same time to get their spots.

Start the race at 10, finish at 4 if it's a quick one, 4:30 if not.. If they can't fill in the remaining telecast until the news, that's on them. There's 26 cars in the race; a five-minute interview with each pairing discussing their day is all that's needed to fill the time.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

djr18fan

Ridiculous. Start should be put forward 2 hours to suit us Kiwi's