News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

by putting it back as far as possible gave them every chance for things to improve and it looks like it has. They could have cancelled it. not sure they expected Vic to be opened though, I think the were hoping to build a crowd out of NSW.

Gotta have some luck sometimes ;D

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Zac on October 16, 2021, 10:42:29 PM
Master stroke? There's a fine line, between...
Intuition and luck, genius and stupid, intention and coincidence...
How's the old saying go? 

"I'd rather be lucky than good."
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

fordman

10k at the races in Sydney, no reason same plus more at Bathurst ;D

CP

Quote from: fordman on October 17, 2021, 07:03:31 AM

Funny how freedom day coincided with the lead up to The Everest. ;)

fordman

Quote from: CP on October 17, 2021, 10:38:49 AM

Only the media called it freedom day, but seriously doubt they did this because of Bathurst, more like cricket and the ashes  :D ;D

Roadways6

Quote from: CP on October 17, 2021, 10:38:49 AM

The Everest always had an exemption for 80% freedoms even if the vax rate wasn't at 70%, the same was going to apply if the NRL GF got moved back to Sydney after the Brisbane outbreak scare (NSW offered to host it on this night tonight)

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

fordman

12.15 race start and only 4 events beforehand ::)

Kytabu

No resident access in the middle of the day from Tuesday to Saturday, is that normal at the 1000? I know the 12 Hour and the 6 Hour always have an hour for access in the middle of the day outside of Sunday.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Roadways6

What do the support categories sponsors get out of races on Wednesday and Thursday?

fordman

Quote from: Kytabu on October 22, 2021, 06:43:26 PM
No resident access in the middle of the day from Tuesday to Saturday, is that normal at the 1000? I know the 12 Hour and the 6 Hour always have an hour for access in the middle of the day outside of Sunday.

Previous to last year there was a 1 hour access at lunch time last year no lunch break at all, on track action all day was one of the positives from last year.

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on October 22, 2021, 06:43:26 PM

other than Sunday there has always been the hour (plus) break in the middle of the day. if they can keep this up it is an absolute winner although of course it may create some fatigue for those of us working up there with the camera. no lunch break to do a quick download of pics and get them off to wherever they need to be
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

SetonFan

Maybe I'm dreaming this but I thought they kept building up internal access roads to the extent that they don't need a break for resident access any more?

Kytabu

I always enjoy the break in the middle of the day. It's a good opportunity to grab some lunch and go from the top to the bottom or vice versa without missing anything.

Just got a campsite at McPhillamy, if anyone is up there look out for the Volvo flag and the Focus RS!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Trevor

I thought all the campsites up the top were sold out
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!