News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Quote from: Trevor on October 23, 2021, 04:08:42 AM
I thought all the campsites up the top were sold out
I'm assuming there were cancellations and they put those sites back up for sale, just for this year's race. All of the sites are listed as non-renewable, so the previous holders of those sites will have the right of access for next year.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Trevor

providing the borders are open and SC will allow fully vaccinated spectators, we are going

fordman

thats up to the states NSW is open Vic I believe is, QLD maybe. Dec 1 NSW vax or no vax is allowed, will make it interesting for SC as thats the Wednesday if the week, what happens on Tuesday Vaxed only??? campers included?

Just booked my campsite, noticed quite a few sites booked out, and looked at my grandstand to see how many seats available majority sold, numbers could be better than expected???

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on October 24, 2021, 06:00:03 AM
thats up to the states NSW is open Vic I believe is, QLD maybe. Dec 1 NSW vax or no vax is allowed, will make it interesting for SC as thats the Wednesday if the week, what happens on Tuesday Vaxed only??? campers included?

Just booked my campsite, noticed quite a few sites booked out, and looked at my grandstand to see how many seats available majority sold, numbers could be better than expected???

and I went onto the Supercar website just a few days ago and clicked on the link to get a 6 day general entry ticket and it wasn't open?? showing $0 for the price (should have bought a bunch at that price LOL)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Kytabu

Quote from: Sonic on October 24, 2021, 10:15:12 PM

and I went onto the Supercar website just a few days ago and clicked on the link to get a 6 day general entry ticket and it wasn't open?? showing $0 for the price (should have bought a bunch at that price LOL)
It should be available. We got our tickets about a month ago and I checked Ticketek just now and it is working.

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on October 26, 2021, 09:40:47 AM

It should be available. We got our tickets about a month ago and I checked Ticketek just now and it is working.

Thanks :) Looks like I will be doing some work for one of the teams so that is a good thing! (not accredited though sadly as it was originally looking like)

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on October 26, 2021, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: Kytabu on October 26, 2021, 09:40:47 AM

Thanks :) Looks like I will be doing some work for one of the teams so that is a good thing! (not accredited though sadly as it was originally looking like)

Surely Fabs has you as his personal photographer? ;D 8)
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

I think Fabian would be afraid of what might happen if he employs Sonic as a photographer ;D. That magnet is pretty strong.

Sonic

:D yeah... Fabs demands a lot more than a 1.5 metre gap between us [:P]

Trevor

My son jumped on the Bathurst camping website today, there is heaps of sites available

We got 2 different sites in Reid & Sulman, 1 spot back from the road next to the track, ****en stoked.

Applied for a refund on our other 2, had to Nov 1 to apply

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on October 27, 2021, 06:27:44 PM
My son jumped on the Bathurst camping website today, there is heaps of sites available

We got 2 different sites in Reid & Sulman, 1 spot back from the road next to the track, ****en stoked.

Applied for a refund on our other 2, had to Nov 1 to apply

just remember you cannot book them for next year they are one time only.

Trevor

Yeah we know - a bit of a **** really

fordman

Good news maybe bad news for SC???

Good news is looks like Bathurst can have FULL attendance as capacity limits are to be removed Nov 8.

Bad news Dec 1 date for unvaxed is to be moved back to Dec 15 or if NSW reaches 95% DD before.

Will this mean unvaxed are not allowed at Bathurst now?

Roadways6

Quote from: fordman on November 02, 2021, 12:18:06 PM

Yes

But I don't see why that is bad news?

fordman

Quote from: Roadways6 on November 02, 2021, 07:00:43 PM
Quote from: fordman on November 02, 2021, 12:18:06 PM

Yes

But I don't see why that is bad news?

Bad for those unvaxed who were planning to come based on the Dec1 date and bad for SC who may have to deal with refunding those and having to deal with these at the gate.