News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Ideal 2022 Calendar

Started by brighty08, July 31, 2021, 11:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brighty08

In a world without Covid, let's say somehow everyone gets vaccinated or it goes away (imagine), is there a possibility Supercars will do something new with the calendar?

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/07/30/new-zealand-doubleheader-being-considered-in-2022

New Zealand double header is an amazing idea. Do Pukekohe one week and then Hampton Downs the next - give our kiwi fans a fix!

Anyway go ahead, where would you like Supercars to go in 2022?

Roadways6

Do FIA rules allow a National series to have two events in another country?

Sonic

Quote from: Roadways6 on August 02, 2021, 01:23:52 AM
Do FIA rules allow a National series to have two events in another country?

from what I recall NZ is considered our region so not 'international'...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Run a sprint race at Bathurst clockwise.  It would give a new meaning to Hell Corner.  Just picture it, if they could configure the joint to run that way.

Not to mention what might happen going uphill into the elbow.   :D

Now..... back to reality, boys.....
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

think NZ has always deserved a double round, maybe a north/south event?

as for the rest of the events in Oz, ditch the advertised kilometres/laps, they are a joke... other than Bathurst which seems to be the only one they guarantee will be 1000km make the rest of them timed races.

2 championships to be run. A single driver championship over summer and a 2 driver enduro championship in the middle of the year (with a 45/55 split for driver times)... would probably have to have a small crossover though to allow for having the 2 events in NZ... maybe use NZ as the enduro opener and then have the single driver finale when back in Oz.

2 drivers
Bathurst 1000km
Sandown
Hampton Downs
Tailem
Gold Coast (hate street circuits, a blight on the calendar but we seem to be stuck with them)
bottom 4 all twin 3-4 hour races run back to back on Sat/Sun. makes for a 9 race championship and a much more realistic 'enduro champion' than the 3 race enduro champs we have had in the past (and I struggle to call the GC race much of an enduro at 300km anyway)... ran with an 'east coast' setup on this simply because the other states don't really have much of what I imagine would work well for enduros. running through the middle of the year with Bathurst as the finale.

single driver championship - 9 rounds/27 races
3 race rounds, 45 min Sat, 45 min and 90 min Sun
Symmons Plains
Phillip Island
Winton
SMP
Barbagallo
Darwin
Pukekohe
Townsville (they are the ones making a proper circuit?)
and round 9 to be a random track in Oz that doesn't really suit the SC's well so that it challenges the drivers going to tracks they don't have any data on. Mallala/Winton short/Baskerville etc... as long as they are safe to race on then let's see what you got!

there ya go Brighty... the Sonic 2022 Calendar Double!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 03, 2021, 01:45:41 PM
Run a sprint race at Bathurst clockwise.  It would give a new meaning to Hell Corner.  Just picture it, if they could configure the joint to run that way.

Going up the dipper would catch a few drivers out :)

Sadly the concrete walls are saw-toothed for anti-clock. Track would have to re-engineered to go clock-wise.
Ford Faithful

mikeamerica84

Quote from: AlbertM on August 03, 2021, 08:19:28 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 03, 2021, 01:45:41 PM

Going up the dipper would catch a few drivers out :)

Sadly the concrete walls are saw-toothed for anti-clock. Track would have to re-engineered to go clock-wise.
Oh, I know, Albert.  Not to mention the gravel traps and runoff areas.  It was just something to throw out there. 

Troy01505

I'd like to see the sprint race 1000 at Bathurst return to an actual enduro that is hard on the gear and drivers, needs to be a 24hr, 3 drivers per car and big heavy tanks

AlbertM

Bathurst 1000...Minutes. (16 2/3 hours)
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

In all seriousness, if this whole world comes up perfect with the 2022 dice roll, I'd like to see an American tour that would come close to my town.

Start with Road America, then the Indy Road Course, and over to Mid-Ohio. 

Even a Japan tour.  Fuji, Okayama, Motegi, Suzuka...... they love their motorsport there.  And for both, you might wish to think about putting a local driver in the car for one of the races for each round.

murph_fan51

I would like to see Canberra return.
How about a race at Calder, Wakefield and Lakeside - just very short sprint races.
I guess Adelaide street track should also be on the list.
5 rounds in New Zealand! Hey we deserve it don't we? :P Pukekohe, Hampton, Taupo Motorsport Park, Ruapuna and Highlands.

If it does go to America it's worth having Laguna Seca on the list!
debris debris debris

Troy01505

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 05, 2021, 05:43:14 PM
In all seriousness, if this whole world comes up perfect with the 2022 dice roll, I'd like to see an American tour that would come close to my town.

Start with Road America, then the Indy Road Course, and over to Mid-Ohio. 

Even a Japan tour.  Fuji, Okayama, Motegi, Suzuka...... they love their motorsport there.  And for both, you might wish to think about putting a local driver in the car for one of the races for each round.

Sports not earning enough to tour overseas hence why it stopped. Powers to be are asking way to much money.

skaifeman

Quote from: murph_fan51 on August 05, 2021, 06:49:50 PM
I would like to see Canberra return.
How about a race at Calder, Wakefield and Lakeside - just very short sprint races.
I guess Adelaide street track should also be on the list.
5 rounds in New Zealand! Hey we deserve it don't we? :P Pukekohe, Hampton, Taupo Motorsport Park, Ruapuna and Highlands.

If it does go to America it's worth having Laguna Seca on the list!

You and me both. It would have to be a new guise, and probably a new local Government too... and a different time of year!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

brighty08

Quote from: Sonic on August 03, 2021, 07:04:50 PM
think NZ has always deserved a double round, maybe a north/south event?

as for the rest of the events in Oz, ditch the advertised kilometres/laps, they are a joke... other than Bathurst which seems to be the only one they guarantee will be 1000km make the rest of them timed races.

2 championships to be run. A single driver championship over summer and a 2 driver enduro championship in the middle of the year (with a 45/55 split for driver times)... would probably have to have a small crossover though to allow for having the 2 events in NZ... maybe use NZ as the enduro opener and then have the single driver finale when back in Oz.

2 drivers
Bathurst 1000km
Sandown
Hampton Downs
Tailem
Gold Coast (hate street circuits, a blight on the calendar but we seem to be stuck with them)
bottom 4 all twin 3-4 hour races run back to back on Sat/Sun. makes for a 9 race championship and a much more realistic 'enduro champion' than the 3 race enduro champs we have had in the past (and I struggle to call the GC race much of an enduro at 300km anyway)... ran with an 'east coast' setup on this simply because the other states don't really have much of what I imagine would work well for enduros. running through the middle of the year with Bathurst as the finale.

single driver championship - 9 rounds/27 races
3 race rounds, 45 min Sat, 45 min and 90 min Sun
Symmons Plains
Phillip Island
Winton
SMP
Barbagallo
Darwin
Pukekohe
Townsville (they are the ones making a proper circuit?)
and round 9 to be a random track in Oz that doesn't really suit the SC's well so that it challenges the drivers going to tracks they don't have any data on. Mallala/Winton short/Baskerville etc... as long as they are safe to race on then let's see what you got!

there ya go Brighty... the Sonic 2022 Calendar Double!

I rate that calendar. Get the enduro race off the Gold Coast I don't mind it as a season finale. I genuinely like the track myself, just not for 300km "enduro." Other than that the fans would be onboard with these changes.