News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Super-duper cars SMP (spoliers)

Started by REM, October 29, 2021, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

That was a pretty big ball drop from 888

boris

Great effort by Will today, loving his passion and enthusiasm - and his obvious talent.

madbugger

great to see Will's enthusiasm, and congrats on his first win.

The best part of that race though was watching T8 squabble amongst themselves. I don't agree with them though that they threw away a 1-2, they still had to get past Will sand there were no guarantees that they would have one that Cleanly.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

SetonFan

By my calculations it's the first round win decided by fastest lap points - ADP won by 2 points over both SVG and JW thanks to his two fastest laps.

LG

Quote from: SetonFan on November 14, 2021, 08:16:50 PM
By my calculations it's the first round win decided by fastest lap points - ADP won by 2 points over both SVG and JW thanks to his two fastest laps.

With SVG and JW tied behind him.

skaifeman

Quote from: LG on November 14, 2021, 08:51:39 AM
Quote from: Kytabu on November 14, 2021, 08:36:52 AM
I really liked the move ADP put on both Red Bull cars coming out of Turn 8. Really smart driving. He is setting up nicely for next year. I know it's hard to judge form racing at the same circuit every week but I think he found his feet with DJR at Tailem Bend and has been strong since then, albeit unlucky in several races.

I realise it's full of ifs and buts but if not for those glitches it would probably be a very close battle with SVG for the title.

I've been calling it all year that Anton will be the one to beat next year.

Jamie finally decided that he wasn't going to sidestep for SVG. He's been given the rough strategy pretty well all the SMP events so far, he decided that he was of equal shot for the win this time around.
Likely a little reminder to all at 888 that he's no going to fade out, timely with Bathurst around the corner. Good to see the old dog still has bite!

How good is Will Brown, a proper character. Had to laugh at Barry sending a little jab to 888, was so unneccesary, but a good laugh nonetheless.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

A great first win for Will Brown.  You could feel his excitment.

Kudos to Whincups ego aswell. 
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on November 14, 2021, 11:43:39 PM
A great first win for Will Brown.  You could feel his excitment.

Kudos to Whincups ego aswell.

Who? We need more drivers gunning for a win.

Brown is a driver that is going to piss DJR and triple 8 in the near future. He'd be a genuine championship contender next year in one of their cars.

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on November 15, 2021, 11:18:44 AM
Who? We need more drivers gunning for a win.

QuoteKudos is a noun that means "praise, honor, or acclaim.
Ford Faithful

Bloopy

Hugely entertaining seeing Jamie decide he'd had enough of letting Giz past easily in that last race. If he'd let Giz by there was a good chance he could've followed him through on a pass on Brown and still got 2nd. So perhaps he wasn't thinking about the race as much as his points relative to Giz and trying to get back to an outside chance at the championship.

A bit odd to hear the commentators call Ludo a magician with tyres while Anton was going backwards in the race because he'd used them up a bit much in protecting the earlier wins.

Troy01505

Quote from: Bloopy on November 15, 2021, 11:36:58 PM
Hugely entertaining seeing Jamie decide he'd had enough of letting Giz past easily in that last race. If he'd let Giz by there was a good chance he could've followed him through on a pass on Brown and still got 2nd. So perhaps he wasn't thinking about the race as much as his points relative to Giz and trying to get back to an outside chance at the championship.

A bit odd to hear the commentators call Ludo a magician with tyres while Anton was going backwards in the race because he'd used them up a bit much in protecting the earlier wins.

Ludo is probably the best in pit lane but have to agree. I think the tyre wear was slightly harsher then previous weekends but overall still a great weekend for the team.

I love Jdub when he has the mindset to win, yes he runs out of fuel or gets the odd penalty here and there but it's very entertaining. Giz would've been pissed but could've sat in behind and pushed Jdub harder and probably still got the one-two but thank **** he didn't.

I noticed also the last race that Davo was easily passed once a car had a crack, was this due to tyres?

REM

Ludo made the decision to run the 4 tyres in the first two races, T8 ran 2 &3 I think...DJR ran for the wins from pole....made sense, most race wins and they ultimately won the weekend....

I think a few others could learn from how JW raced SVG on the Sunday too.....get into him and give back what he dishes out for gawdsake!

mikeamerica84

A little change-up this weekend:  Two 64 lap races to end the SMP quadruple.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

REM

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 18, 2021, 11:01:58 AM
A little change-up this weekend:  Two 64 lap races to end the SMP quadruple.

Word is wet for both days, and very, very wet for Sunday....