News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Super-duper cars SMP (spoliers)

Started by REM, October 29, 2021, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetonFan

Yes one of the better races at Eastern Creek I can remember - had a lot going on!

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on November 20, 2021, 06:39:34 PM
Anton still has the fastest car out there but his tyre wear will be far worse than the other brand of cars racing.

Interesting observation. Do you consider that there is a particular reason?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

Quote from: stevo qld on November 21, 2021, 12:17:23 AM
Anton still has the fastest car out there but his tyre wear will be far worse than the other brand of cars racing.

The aero.

djr18fan

Quote from: LG on November 21, 2021, 06:50:07 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on November 21, 2021, 12:17:23 AM

The aero.

Erebus aero must be worse than the other brand for some reason.

Appears to me the red bull & djr cars were set up for mixed weather conditions. Red bulls start on super softs gave them the early advantage.

Supercars13

It was a pretty good race for the most part. I was really hoping Cameron could hold on to it but those Bulls are strong. Gizzy looks to have it more than settled.

Other than that, Saturday was Shane's 400th sprint race start and Sunday will be Frosty's 500th sprint race start. And Jamie now holds the record for most race podiums.

See what Sunday can bring.

Sonic

just saw a highlight clip, seems the Sunday wets have bitten a few hard to start the day.

anyone at the track with up to date weather update? some on fb land are suggesting the race may not be run due to weather?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Kytabu

Quote from: Sonic on November 21, 2021, 11:49:42 AM
just saw a highlight clip, seems the Sunday wets have bitten a few hard to start the day.

anyone at the track with up to date weather update? some on fb land are suggesting the race may not be run due to weather?
It's been constant drizzle practically all day. It died down a bit but has started again, I wouldn't call it heavy though. They have raced in worse than this.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Supercars13

Nick Percat wins his first championship shootout after 31 attempts to be the driver with the most attempts before his first win. As a counter Andre has 11 attempts with a best of only 7th.

Kytabu

Rain is probably the heaviest it has been all day now. It will be interesting to see how much racing we get in; it looked a bit dodgy for Super2 in lighter rain.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

CP

Ha, it's raining and they're interviewing Fabs, with a Dritimes logo on his visor.

In all seriousness, I know why they've done it, but four rounds at the same track has killed the interest for me.

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

CP

SVG can wrap the title up today even if it's not run.

AlbertM

And just like that...Shane van Gisbergen is the 2021 Supercars Champion. Hope he wins Bathurst or no ones going to notice. :)
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

Quote from: AlbertM on November 21, 2021, 05:17:39 PM
And just like that...Shane van Gisbergen is the 2021 Supercars Champion. Hope he wins Bathurst or no ones going to notice. :)

No one noticed anyway. The coverage just... ended... even on Foxtel.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977