News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

I thought they may have brought Chaz in a lap or two early, moot point now with ADP parked up and causing safety car.

Unless SVG punts him off, hard to see him losing
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Ospif1

SVG is a drama magnet so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens here.

skaifeman

The constant safety cars toward the end just kills the race.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Ospif1

The gap Chaz can pull in a lap is insane.  I don't recall such a dominant car at Bathurst in recent history.

AlbertM

Just look at the gap Mozzie pulls on the restart. WAU have struck gold!
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

Maybe spoke too soon?  SVG is holding him now, perhaps the tyre advantage is showing here.  Or Chaz is just managing himself.

TheArrow

They're really talking up Van Gis and kind of ignoring Chaz...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

madbugger

Quote from: TheArrow on December 05, 2021, 06:07:46 PM

You sound surprised by that

Ospif1

Because we expect Chaz to be the quickest and pull away, not SVG to be slightly quicker.  That IS the story of the race currently.

TheArrow

Quote from: Ospif1 on December 05, 2021, 06:10:03 PM

Because we expect Chaz to be the quickest and pull away, not SVG to be slightly quicker.  That IS the story of the race currently.
Shane isn't faster tho. He gets within hundredths but he's not been faster since the restart.

Ospif1

Quote from: TheArrow on December 05, 2021, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: Ospif1 on December 05, 2021, 06:10:03 PM

Shane isn't faster tho. He gets within hundredths but he's not been faster since the restart.

True, but he's holding, which isn't what has been expected.  There's not much else to talk about than the leading battle so I'm struggling to see the issue here.

Ospif1

ANyway Chaz pulling again and they are talking about him in Commentary to keep you guys happy.

AlbertM

SVG kills his tyres faster when chasing someone.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Ford Faithful