News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Quote from: skaifeman on December 05, 2021, 07:00:05 PM
The fastest car won Bathurst. That generally doesn't happen does it?

Welllllll, given that the first car over the line has the fastest race time, I would have thought that the fastest car wins it every single time. :P :P ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Brazen

Still blown away at how good that WAU car was... actually might be a strong team next year with Nick joining

CP

Despite how successful the team was in its previous guise, it was a deserving win. The car was fast, Lee and Chaz were equally fast, and just drove the arse off it. Delaminated tyre and all.

It might have taken a while, but Ryan has kept his dads winning legacy alive and even put a nice feather in the cap for Michael Andretti and Zak Brown.

Sonic

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 05, 2021, 12:06:45 PM
Are they going to play these fake crowd noises all day? It's the same ****en clip every time. There is enough people there to make real noises, don'ts create fake crap..

And come on Frosty, can only hope for a miracle today!!

crowd was half at best I reckon at the Chase all weekend. it felt empty today!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Sonic

and to top it all off... Chaz and Cam next to each other again LOL

first 100 put me to sleep at the fence... the 'give back a lap' remains a farce... tough break for Feeney but ripper job to that point...

definitely the right car won the event... best all week.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Brazen

The fake crowd noise is really annoying... and so embarrassing... ok fine we don't get footy stadium levels of noise but faking it makes the sport look foolish

CP

Quote from: Brazen on December 05, 2021, 10:30:46 PM
The fake crowd noise is really annoying... and so embarrassing... ok fine we don't get footy stadium levels of noise but faking it makes the sport look foolish

Pretty sure with the actual crowd noise heard during the Shootout yesterday, I heard "Go you ****" during Percats lap.

Speaking of terrible noise, how about Mossy performing Tuckers Daughter?

My God. That was ****.

Brazen

Quote from: CP on December 05, 2021, 11:13:25 PM

Pretty sure with the actual crowd noise heard during the Shootout yesterday, I heard "Go you ****" during Percats lap.

My God. That was ****.

The real crowd noise up the top for the shootout yesterday was fun.

I'm pretty sure I heard them chant "Go you ****" during

The guys up the top would definitely start chanting stuff like that after a few :D

stevo qld

Quote from: stevo qld on December 05, 2021, 12:49:50 AM
I wonder if the Scrutineers removed and weighed the doors of all top 10 cars or maybe all 25 cars.

Maybe it is just as well that the Scrutineers examined the cars carefully after the shootout.

They were only disqualified from the shootout, but stayed in the top ten start positions.

If the lightweight door (100g-half a chocolate bar) hadn't been found and corrected, it might have been found in after race scrutineering.

That could have cost Brodie and the team a third place finish. ;)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Joe5619

Quote from: CP on December 05, 2021, 11:13:25 PM

My God. That was ****.

The real crowd noise up the top for the shootout yesterday was fun.

I'm pretty sure I heard them chant "Go you ****" during
They played the same noise clip every time.. They 100% had fake noise during the shootout & all throughout the race.

And I agree, it was dumb & makes the sport look crap.

Kytabu

Unless I have missed one, it is only the fourth time in the race's history that a car has taken pole position, won the race and set the fastest lap. The other occasions were 1968, 1979 and the 1998 Super Touring race. Skaife had the pole, win and fastest lap in 1991, but the fastest race lap was set in the #2 rather than the #1 Nissan.

I cannot remember such a dominant car in both qualifying and race trim in the modern era. Congratulations to WAU on giving Chaz and Lee a car to achieve such a rare feat.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

CP

Quote from: Kytabu on December 06, 2021, 09:18:15 AM
Unless I have missed one, it is only the fourth time in the race's history that a car has taken pole position, won the race and set the fastest lap. The other occasions were 1968, 1979 and the 1998 Super Touring race. Skaife had the pole, win and fastest lap in 1991, but the fastest race lap was set in the #2 rather than the #1 Nissan.

I cannot remember such a dominant car in both qualifying and race trim in the modern era. Congratulations to WAU on giving Chaz and Lee a car to achieve such a rare feat.

It's probably one of the rare times that part of the podium was made up of sons of past outright and class winners.

We know Allan has won before, and I'm thinking that David Russell's dad Geoff was a class winner?

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

Trevor

Trevor

I think I will ban myself from going to any future events, every time I go Holden win, I have never been there for a Ford win.

Too busy to post pics and other stuff - sorry