News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

That session is the favourite of the year.

AdP is my bet for pole, he was on a hot one in P4 before grassing it at Murray's and only a bee's dick away from provisional pole.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

I am going to tip SVG or Will B for pole, a 4 way ZB stoush for the race throughout the day- 888 vs 25 vs 88 vs 9. But then a late race ending clash between the 888 and the 25 with 88 coming through and taking the win! Cam first Stang home in 5th....

the undertaker

Not sure your reverse psychology is going to work this year, REMy. But here's hoping  ;D

REM

It's the best hope we've got! "And" 888 and 25 having a clash, is not reverse psychology!! ;) :D

TheArrow

Not sure why the lack of faith. The #6 has been very strong, the #11 and #17 have been quick over the weekend, the #3 has definitely been up and, the #44 is absolutely a dark horse and the #5 has ended in the top ten in a number is sessions.

The only Fords we should give up on are KGR.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

REM

The 6 is not as strong as last year, the Shell cars have not had balance and apart from ADP's balls to the wall effort yesterday, haven't really featured..... Sladey looks ok....but is he really a race win contender?

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on December 04, 2021, 09:19:09 AM
The 6 is not as strong as last year, the Shell cars have not had balance and apart from ADP's balls to the wall effort yesterday, haven't really featured..... Sladey looks ok....but is he really a race win contender?

I agree. Shell cars aren't looking fantastic but Ludo is the master of disguise. Fluff up practice, Sneak in the top 10, 1-2 the shootout then win the race.

I am tipping in no particular order ADP, SVG or Brown and CL on the podium Sunday arvo,

REM

Not sure Troy- Ludo is a show off, if he had the speed he'd want to be belting them stupid and have them scratching their heads...

skaifeman

The #25 looks FAST. Not sure on their program though, even Luffy did a fast one at the end there. I get the feeling that the 888 and DJR cars are doing race runs.

#88 is chasing a vibration, good to find it now, and maybe a blessing in disguise to miss the shootout, they can focus on just getting it right for the race.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on December 04, 2021, 11:31:16 AM
The #25 looks FAST. Not sure on their program though, even Luffy did a fast one at the end there. I get the feeling that the 888 and DJR cars are doing race runs.

#88 is chasing a vibration, good to find it now, and maybe a blessing in disguise to miss the shootout, they can focus on just getting it right for the race.

Vibration is just the loose nut behind the wheel

Ospif1

Quote from: REM on December 04, 2021, 07:07:01 AM
I am going to tip SVG or Will B for pole, a 4 way ZB stoush for the race throughout the day- 888 vs 25 vs 88 vs 9. But then a late race ending clash between the 888 and the 25 with 88 coming through and taking the win! Cam first Stang home in 5th....
You're really struggling with the idea of a Ford doing well so you don't look like an idiot for the incessant ramblings on page 1 and your decision not to attend  ;D

REM

Quote from: Ospif1 on December 04, 2021, 11:53:53 AM
Quote from: REM on December 04, 2021, 07:07:01 AM
You're really struggling with the idea of a Ford doing well so you don't look like an idiot for the incessant ramblings on page 1 and your decision not to attend  ;D

Lol! If Ford win, I'll happily look like an idiot!  ;) But doing well?? Go and look at the last 2 years, this is the softest Ford have looked at Bathurst since the have introduced the Stang!

AlbertM

I'm getting AU vibes from the Mustang. It is quick but falls off sooner than ZB.
Ford Faithful

Bloopy

I had a dream that the drivers had to run around the track for qualifying instead of driving around it, with the option to gain time by swimming at certain points instead of running. All my silly Supercars dreams still crack me up. Even during the pandemic downtime they were quite regular. I'd have to stop watching for decades to shake off that dream topic.

the undertaker

I think you need to change your meds, Bloopy  ;D