News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, May 11, 2021, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

We can use this thread to chat, men.

I am working with laser to obtain as much history as I can from 2016, when I first started running the V8CFL.  I have the 2016 & 2017 season archives on my hard drive, but only 2021 after that. 

The next week, or so, will be a period of "rebuilding" the 2021 season for me.  First off, I do not have the rules as written, believe-it-or-not.  I have the teams and the table, but not the Tournament, or the Tournament schedule.

What I plan on doing next is to tally up the Tailem Bend results and post them this week.  However until I decipher/remember/obtain the rules, any team roster changes will be on hold.  Heck, we only have a couple of eleven guys re-signed up on the site right now.

We'll play it by ear.  If anything, we can always restart fresh in 2022.

Cheers.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Kytabu

Perhaps we can just stick to the main table for now. Keep running it and hopefully all of the members signed up for this year are notified of the new site and can join us again soon.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Jetpac013

Was curious to see how TAA Performance did this round LOL

mikeamerica84

I'll tally up in a few.  I have to work the next two days.

formerlyHolden51

Quote from: Jetpac-013 on May 11, 2021, 05:06:49 PM
Was curious to see how TAA Performance did this round LOL

I was curious for 151 Motorsport too 😂

skaifeman

I'm back Mike, hopefully many of the usual suspects migrate over too.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

I'll start spitting out results here by day's end.  laser has given me the knowledge to start getting some history back.

Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime....

mikeamerica84

I am slooooowly getting some history back, men.  I will update the table historically from Round 1 later on.  I have, however, posted the Tailem Bend Results and created a thread for the 2021 rules as previously written.

Race 1 podium:
1  Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG
2  Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu / Ford Focus RS
3  151 Motorsport / SportsExtra Motorsport / Holden Commodore VFII

Race 2 podium:
1  A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2  NAPA Racing Team / CP / Ford Mustang
3  TAA Performance / BAC-013 / Ford Mustang

Race 3 podium:
1  R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
2  Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG
3  TAA Performance / BAC-013 / Ford Mustang

There were no points penalties levied by the sanctioning body as posted in the Stewards Summary.  As for fastest lap points, Race 1 was the 97 car, Race 2 the 25 car, and Race 3 the 6 car.  HOWEVER, the 25 car was excluded from the scoring for Race 2 for it did not complete the minimum number of laps to score points, so with that the Race 2 total was still 0 (zero).

I will attempt to rebuild the Tournament, but that is to be determined.  Also, I will eventually change the sign on names for some of you who changed them when laser went to the new site here.

BUT.... we are up on at least one leg and starting to stumble.  Soon I hope we can walk..... then run.

mikeamerica84

I have come to realize that there is a limited number of characters one can have per post.  Hence the Tables/Results thread will look a little different.

TheArrow

I'll get onto recreating the Media Centre thread too. Members will be free to repost liveries too if they wish to be eligible for the LOTY comp at seasons end.

skaifeman

Quote from: TheArrow on May 15, 2021, 11:54:50 AM
I'll get onto recreating the Media Centre thread too. Members will be free to repost liveries too if they wish to be eligible for the LOTY comp at seasons end.

Once that goes up, I'll see if I can repost my season opening launch/statement :).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on May 18, 2021, 08:52:14 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on May 15, 2021, 11:54:50 AM

Once that goes up, I'll see if I can repost my season opening launch/statement :).
laser private messaged me with this search tidbit:

If you search for V8 Central, V8CFL, 2021 V8CFL - , etc., you will find links to the old forum.  If you click on the link it will bring you to the new forum.  However, if you look way to the right of the lick post, there is a drop down menu and you can search the cache.  It is only one page per search, but I found a few things for me like the 2021 rules and signup page.

I did find the 2021 V8CFL Media Centre last week, but now I cannot find it anywhere.  I wish I would have copied the link.  Seems to be hit and miss.  If I find it again, guys, I'll post the link.  Likewise if you find the 2021 V8CFL Tournament schedule.standings drop me the link.  I cannot find that - only an announcement about how the Tournament will be aligned.

mikeamerica84

I have re-posted the 2021 V8CFL Geographical Challenge results/table.  Queensland is still atop.

mikeamerica84

Within our rules there is/always has been an allowance for late signups.  When signing up late, the new member must take last place points for all races leading up to the point of signup.

I believe we are going to have a new member soon.

mikeamerica84

Just a quick shout that the deadline for any roster changes for Winton is fast approaching.  Midnight Thursday Sydney, NSW time.